Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
jordan02 wrote:

CHAMPION : USELESS LIKE OTHER LEAGUES

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

- Stun immunity
- Hits cannot be evaded (literally Lyco in a point), and 20% increased damage taken
- IF you hit low life you are far more likely to not die if you have this point. Low life is 35% of hp, and this DOES happen, no matter what. You don't have to trigger it intentionally. Not to mention that you don't even have to take this point.

If anything, my only gripe with the rework is that there are too few choices on the tree. Champion needs 2-3 more big nodes to pick from.

If you think Champion is bad, you're just bad at building characters.

"
Champion
...did really disappoint me. The adrenalin mechanic is suicidal. Players don't want to get to low-life for a short buff. Poe was never a game engaging in such playstyle. Talking about styles, I expected such a selt-hurtful process in the Berserker ascendandy, not for the Champion. Champs are usually symbols of virtue and vigor, not raging or getting a kick out of fighting.

I also don't like the focus of "melee" in the champion as well. It would have been a good opportunity to i.e. change Fortify from "melee" to "attack". This convertion would have been special to the Champion and give him a real unique identity. At the same time it wouldn't benefit casters / spells.

Where others would fall, he'll endure.
You're getting a lot of defensive mechanics, and even if the enemy manages to get you to low HP, you fight even harder. You are not supposed to do that on purpose - in higher level content it will happen from time to time, and this is why you have 20 seconds uptime for Adrenaline. Sure, you won't have 100% uptime, but given how powerful that buff is, I think it is pretty balanced that way.

And he has literally ONE big point that says melee damage. Everything is general increased damage dealt or taken by enemy (altho intimidate is attack damage, but still not melee).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

You're getting a lot of defensive mechanics, and even if the enemy manages to get you to low HP, you fight even harder. You are not supposed to do that on purpose - in higher level content it will happen from time to time, and this is why you have 20 seconds uptime for Adrenaline. Sure, you won't have 100% uptime, but given how powerful that buff is, I think it is pretty balanced that way.

Doesn't change anything about the fact that this mechanic is useless most of the time. Being below 30% is very close to "instant-death" in the endgame - so who in their right mind does focus on that? Players will be busy hammering on life-flasks and seek a safe spot to survive instead.

Champion is not useless, but he feels outdated.

"
Perq wrote:

And he has literally ONE big point that says melee damage. Everything is general increased damage dealt or taken by enemy (altho intimidate is attack damage, but still not melee).

Look closely!
Every 4 of the minor and bigger nodes in the Fortify branch clearly say "melee damage". Only 1 part of that is "10% attack speed".

Why not make everything attack and don't lock this part of the Champion into mostly bad melee skills? It doesn't even work for the new "Spectral Shield Throw" (Attack, Projectile) outside the fact the Champion is one of the classes with a shield in the picture.
Last edited by TheGoodBadWeird on Feb 22, 2018, 6:47:15 AM
The new champion is a no brain ascendancy with only 4 choices... and it's not a complaint. :)

1-2 The path to PermaFortify is better. Ailment damage have been added to the little nodes.

0- First to strike looks like a noob trap.

3- Inspirationnal is better because it's hard to run fast around the duelist-marauder.

4- Conqueror looks like a really good last choice. I believe that 6% damage absorption + 2% life regen will always be better than adrenaline.

0- For me, Worthy foe is 2 times worst than inspirationnal if you are playing alone.

PermaFortify + Inspirationnal is a good easy to use offensive combo.
PermaFortify + Conqueror is a good easy to use defensive combo.

That's the champion for you. You want to play it, it's not a bad choice.
I'll probably play it.
I took First to Strike with my Champion as the last two points from the lab ... I do end up getting pops of being on low life in maps especially if I lag, but not sure I like how it reads now. I like the changes to the smaller nodes though. Might switch to Conqueror.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
bump
yo man, careful with that nurf gun with ma' Jugg and Inquiz @_@
"
Perq wrote:
"
jordan02 wrote:

CHAMPION : USELESS LIKE OTHER LEAGUES

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

- Stun immunity
- Hits cannot be evaded (literally Lyco in a point), and 20% increased damage taken
- IF you hit low life you are far more likely to not die if you have this point. Low life is 35% of hp, and this DOES happen, no matter what. You don't have to trigger it intentionally. Not to mention that you don't even have to take this point.

If anything, my only gripe with the rework is that there are too few choices on the tree. Champion needs 2-3 more big nodes to pick from.

If you think Champion is bad, you're just bad at building characters.

"
Champion
...did really disappoint me. The adrenalin mechanic is suicidal. Players don't want to get to low-life for a short buff. Poe was never a game engaging in such playstyle. Talking about styles, I expected such a selt-hurtful process in the Berserker ascendandy, not for the Champion. Champs are usually symbols of virtue and vigor, not raging or getting a kick out of fighting.

I also don't like the focus of "melee" in the champion as well. It would have been a good opportunity to i.e. change Fortify from "melee" to "attack". This convertion would have been special to the Champion and give him a real unique identity. At the same time it wouldn't benefit casters / spells.

Stun immunity// hits cant be evaded you can have this by item or passive lol dumbass. Others build have fucking strong ascendaries point and have this stun immun/hits cant be evaded too if they wants, and champion only this lol.

BRO ur funny.. really yes champion is bad, im playing hardcore, you softcore.. so don't say im bad to make build ahaha noob, your making build you wants don't care to the defence and it doesn't matter if you die.

"If you hit lowlife", please bro hardcore players doesn't play thinking " oh there is not a problem if im 35 percent i have my adrenalin... " IF you'r 35 pct you can die in 1 shoot dumb no matter ur fcking adrenalin when you'r 100pct life you can be one shooted so at 35pct you can be one shooted easily.

lol its too risky for us to play like that, in softcore ofc you doesn't matter if you die " oh no problem i will be at 35pct i trust in my build i will finish it if there is any problem and if i die np"

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Feb 22, 2018, 9:17:17 AM
Shout out to the balance and changes, excellent work GGG don't listen dem haters! Good vibes from France.
First to strike is actually very good for hardcore players, indeed 35% life trigger is quite low, but if you're playing mele char in hardcore you should be regaining the missing life very quickly, or your dead anyway, the advantage of this nodes is to reinforce when you're in a bad situation.
First it removes you bleeding and ignite, don't tell me you never lost a char because of bleed...
It provides a huge damage boost and AS speed boost.
It boost your movement speed by 10%, not bad.
And it gives you 10% less damage taken from physical damage.
This boost would make the difference in many situation, but not all I agree tho.

IMO its good to start with perma fortify for convenience then swap it for first to strike later on when you can rely on other perma fortify mechanic (which hopefully will get improved in this patch).

And yes, hit can't be evaded could be achieved with items but you can also save those item slot for other mechanics. And 20% increase damage taken is huge.
As well as the 10% less damage from enemies + 6 less damage taken, they are additive together.

IMO it's a very good and strong melee party tank with a lot of different and additive mechanics.

And it may also shine in SSF hardcore when you can't rely on a specific unique for your build.

Compared to the Hiero buff, I prefer to have tank mechanics on my skill tree and boost damage with builds and skills instead of the opposite.
Last edited by Aesir7 on Feb 22, 2018, 9:20:32 AM
I like the Champion changes but it does not solve the problem of Shaper being neither tauntable or on full life for the intimidate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info