Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Only notable change with Raider is Rapid Assault is actually good now, giving Onslaught in boss fights finally. With the nerf to Avatar of the Veil it's now a proper choice between the two.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
I need MOOOOREEE please so hyped cannot wait love all of it so far!! <3<3
Wow, I was afraid that Raider will be gutted...
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
KINDA OFFTOPIC:

you know.. when slayer got nerfed because of Vaal Pact many people said "now I need to allocate vaal pact to get the same leech as before". I don't want to go further into this argument, I just want to request 1 simple thing:

Brutal Fervour NON-VAAL PACT
+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate.
100% increased Life Leeched per second
Cannot be Stunned while Leeching
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching

Brutal Fervour VAAL PACT
100% increased Life Leeched per second
Cannot be Stunned while Leeching
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching

so if you only allocate Brutal Fervour you get the notable before the nerf, if you however allocate VP too, the "+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate." is ignored and does not work.

Someone from the Devs please tell me, how hard would this be to code into the game? Honestly I have no idea how much work this would be, so please, tell us.

And although with new uniques since then, when juggernaut's Unrelenting got its endurance charges nerfed because of Discharge, I thought...

*checking if player has discharge gem in sockets*

-> player does not have discharge
Unrelenting:
6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
8% reduced Elemental Damage taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges
100% chance that if you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges

-> player does have discharge
Unrelenting:
6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
8% reduced Elemental Damage taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges
25% chance that if you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges

BUT I'm sure this would've been alot more work to code... just saying
Last edited by TroughStruggle on Feb 22, 2018, 5:48:30 PM
Chief, Hiero, Guardian looks pretty mice.

Berserker hmmm we will see degen looks nasty.

Champion is a realy interesting design pretty much like it.

Flaskfinder is the same Master Surgeon and Master Herbalist is still a never take node.
Raider same as flaskfinder the onslought is useless vs the other options.
Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
Well, let's see what happens with Deadeye. Raider and Pathfinder are basically the same as before, since lots of build can benefit from onslaught, movement speed, flasks utility and frenzy charges. Deadeye has nothing to compete atm, since far shot- returning proj and 200 accu/1proj are not even close to the advantages from the other ranger ascendancies.

Fingers crossed for the Deadeye post!!
I think the champion taunt tree is real nice. Main problem is taunt immunity on most relevant things. Taunted enemys cannot evade means your party does not need accuracy not just you. Should be amazing for minions which have no way of getting accuracy. Adrenaline is amazing as well. You probably need an ES duelist, what is really tricky but might not be entirely impossible. Flickering between low life and not also makes all the low life items less nice and you actually burn for a non zero duration stopping your es regen. Shock and chill should be irrelevant on the other hand (if you cannot have 0 speed you can even break freeze)

I played 5 avengers flasks and 5 reckless defense jewels on my guardian and flasks are just op. It is not the flaskfinders fault but flaskfinder is just naturally broken. Also funny that they give them better sustain on their flasks. I had flaskfinders need to refresh while I was taunting bosses, so they probably needed that. :p

Raider seems still ok. The onslaught duration seems a little overkill. 10% chance for 14 secs on hit might be enough for earthquake to keep it up against bosses. Not 100% sure how evade chance works but having 80% +25% more should make you impossible to be hit by attacks. You will still fall over from ek or bear trap but that is not the point here. Mabye crap barriers will help... o wait they are on armor bases as well :(

On a side note. Last time I was down on hierophant but I found something that might be nice. Iron commander hierophant would heave some rediculous regen. Not sure what to do with that but it might actually be worthwhile. Still recommend anybody who wants to convert mana into es to the guardian because it is just better (15% with double dipping > 30% without). Also level 1 arcane surge is pretty bad.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
Bored waiting for the next league so made the pics if someone don't like the video format like me.

Assasin

Champion

Guardian

Hierophant

Pathfinder

Raider
I cannot be caged.
I cannot be controlled.
Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!
"
spawnas wrote:
Bored waiting for the next league so made the pics if someone don't like the video format like me.

Thanks, spawnas!
Cool video but are you sure you couldn't find a dumber format to reveal this info in besides a 47 second youtube video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info