[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
zine82 wrote:
"
MyStyX wrote:
Finally got currency in a league to invest heavily into this build, but i guess i hit a wall now with juiced delirium maps. Normal mapping is pretty smooth even in T15, but adding some layers of delirium makes it pretty hard to stay alive and the damage against the delirium bosses is quite low. Anything obvious I missed with my character?

If you don't mind i could try to help a little. I think we need to make use of all 3 prefix and 3 suffix of the rare items we have.

Shield- can aim to get above 100hp and missing 1 suffix spot. Add 20% quality to maximize evasion.

Mark of the Elder: Can get higher damage.

Shaper ring: very low hp. try to get higher hp and missing 1 suffix and prefix

Belt: 9 ES prefix doesn't help.

Amulet: Missing 1 prefix and lightning damage doesn't help. Anoint dismembering.

Abyss jewel: can get a better one cheap i think.

Medium Cluster Jewel: Try to get 1 with add 4 passive skill and some resistance if possible. You save 1 skill point this way.

All quality to your rings, amulet and belt. Enchant and add quality to boots.

Of course, the rest of the upgrades will get expensive. Awakened gems, bottled faith, watcher's eye, better claw etc.

Also note that you can always craft aspect of the cat (suffix) to any rare item as long as the item has a free suffix spot. The captured beast is only 20 chaos.

Fiver helped me some time back so hopefully i can return some of the favor. If you want you can refer to my profile character. I'm pretty much done with the character and don't look further to upgrade until the next league.

Cheers.

Thank you for helping out! I really do appreciate it!

Don't panic.
I'm trying out this build because I'm bored with the meta.

1. Is rage really good in the setup? I find it kind of lackluster. Maybe because im still levelling my char.

2. gem swap is really a PITA. Can it be done without gemswap?

3. is 10 ex enough to get the build going?
I am starting up my stream now. You know the deal. If you need help or want to hang out over the next couple of hours, that's where you will find me. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
aquasnow93 wrote:
I'm trying out this build because I'm bored with the meta.

1. Is rage really good in the setup? I find it kind of lackluster. Maybe because im still levelling my char.

2. gem swap is really a PITA. Can it be done without gemswap?

3. is 10 ex enough to get the build going?

Rage is very strong. I get that it can be annoying to build up, and I am working on a version where we implement a mob mentality cluster jewel to make it feel better, but Berserk is so strong.
Having berserk is insane for the burst dps.

You can annoint Tribal Fury. Some people find that to be enough. Personally I don't find it an issue, but that is one solution. It is also possible to get gloves with "strike an additional nearby target" or whatever the mod is named. You lose a lot of damage by replacing Shaper's Touch though. Even if you have +1 frenzy gloves with insane stats on them, ST will most likely be better.

10 ex is definitely enough to get going. You will of course not be able to buy the most expensive items, but a lot of the items we use are cheap. Starkonja - Shaper's Touch - Darkray Vectors - Mark of the Elder are all super cheap. Getting a good claw and a curse on hit ring would probably be the 2 first expensive upgrades to go for.

That said, killing Sirus 8 on a 10 ex budget will probably be hard.

Don't panic.
Stream is up now. If you need help, you know where to find me.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
what about fractal thoughts? is it a good option for this build? btw can u check my raider character and tell me what to upgrade first?) and what u think about shaper`s touch with corrupt - ele weakness on hit? is it worth?
Hi i did the build as league starter but didn't have enough currency to get it going and tried to do a more budget cyclone to farm to do this right. now i have currency to get thisbuild going i think(like 40 ex) now my main question my only goal this league is to kill sirus and farm sims without worrying to much. how does this build do on simulacrums? does it have good damage against kosis? does it have enough sustain to do sims without bloodseeker(i didn't use another claw when i tried the build) i really enjoy frost blades but i ask all this questions because i want to do 36 challenges and i want to know if i can do this with my currency.
Hey Fiver i need a advice.I almost have cyrency to buy Farrul's Fur(14 ex). But for 6 ex i can buy Lethal Pride and The Pandemonius.Witch choice will be better?And one more question. I cant add Timeless Jewel to PoB.So can u tell me with one is better (Kiloava,Kaom or Rakiata)
Last edited by nana3abg on May 3, 2020, 6:22:51 PM
"
CaptainCix wrote:
Hi i did the build as league starter but didn't have enough currency to get it going and tried to do a more budget cyclone to farm to do this right. now i have currency to get thisbuild going i think(like 40 ex) now my main question my only goal this league is to kill sirus and farm sims without worrying to much. how does this build do on simulacrums? does it have good damage against kosis? does it have enough sustain to do sims without bloodseeker(i didn't use another claw when i tried the build) i really enjoy frost blades but i ask all this questions because i want to do 36 challenges and i want to know if i can do this with my currency.

I'll throw in my opinion here.

I love this build. It's very enjoyable. Once you learn how to bounce around fights you can clear out maps in no time at all. I still have a little way to go in terms of my gear as well.

I ran my first Simu yesterday and got from L1 to L20 without dying once (then died 6 times on Kosis unfortunately, he just hits too hard). I'm not sure how the mob level works in those so I can't tell you anything about that but the build works so well at clearing large groups.

The problems with the build come from the single target damage. I find you have to play catch up on getting the right gear, mods and other things to really get somewhere with boss damage. I've been working slowly at improving that...

- Added the Assassins Mark curse in
- Added the 5% double damage
- Added the 10% elemental penetration enchant on the boots
- Ensure I'm using all of my flasks in those fights
- Ensure I'm using my vaal skills correctly in those fights

Once you line all of those up the damage really comes around. You're not going to end up as some of these other boss killers builds but they don't have the clear speed that this build does either (in my opinion) so you have to give and take.

I did find the damage against Kosis a bit lacking, but it was more about his damage to me than anything. I really need to run more Simu to figure out whether I can kill Kosis or not yet.
"
nana3abg wrote:
Hey Fiver i need a advice.I almost have cyrency to buy Farrul's Fur(14 ex). But for 6 ex i can buy Lethal Pride and The Pandemonius. Witch choice will be better?

It depends on what you're lacking. Once you get Farrul's Fur you have MAXIMUM frenzy charges available at all times so there's no downtime with your attacks. You don't have to worry about jumping straight into a boss fight after you've killed trash mobs. If you die on a boss BEFORE you have Farrul's Fur then it's quite hard to build back up again. Once you have Farrul's Fur it's easy, you're at max already.

Lethal Pride is very good for attribute stats. I think I get about +70 strength from where it's placed, plus heaps of notable damage nodes, some resist, life, etc. I'd still take Farrul's over that, but if you're low on attribute points then it's great.

"
nana3abg wrote:
And one more question. I cant add Timeless Jewel to PoB.So can u tell me with one is better (Kiloava,Kaom or Rakiata)

I could be wrong, but the name only affects the 'keystone' passives, and we're not near any so it won't be changing them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info