[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Hedrock01 wrote:
Hiho,

very nice FB guide.

I made a Berserker WarCry Version of your build:
It is super fun to play.

Here is a short single target showcase clip of Veritania boss fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWo1bCssxD0

And here my PoB Community Fork pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/1QdivrcA

Feel free to play around with it.

This looks a lot more like my own Berserker lol. :p

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2831070

It's like a mix of my two builds. Getting the best of two worlds!

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Apr 23, 2020, 4:04:40 AM
"
Hello. I want to ask about this build. I always wanted to try out Frost Blades but I heard that this is an expensive build. In addition, it's not a good league starter because it requires more currency to clean up the same things that can be done with other builds with much less money overlays, and even other builds are better at dealing with higher map tiers etc. It is known that the best earn on maps T14-16, and I am not convinced whether this build will be able to make these maps with a small financial outlay. As you know in PoE, you earn lower tiers and progress as you get the currency. Also, I'm not sure should I pick Berserker or Raider. Can somebody answer my fears?

It is very true that this build gets very expensive if you want to melt endgame.
That said, it works totally fine as a league starter for me. I have had it as league starter the last 6 leagues or so. :)
I'm very familiar with the build though, so maybe I have it a lot easier.
Clearing T14-T16 has never been an issue for me, even early on, but again; I'm familliar with the build and know how to optimize it.

I have made 3 videos to help out with leveling, and they are mainly focused on how to do it as a league starter. I made these right before the start of 3.10, so they are still new.
Part 1 - Skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMZXkKTbiI
Part 2 - Items: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5TFyD2CLI
Part 3 - Passives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5yl4omCPI

I am not familiar with the berserker version though, so I can't speak for that one. I know a lot of people have fun with it, but I don't think it's cheaper than this one. They are probably the same.

I hope this somwehat answered your questions. :)
And if you decide to play it and need help with anything, I will try my best to help out!

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
I can't have a look right now though, preparing to start my stream, but I will have a look ASAP!

Hey Fiver. Sorry to hassle mate. Just wondering if you had a chance to look over my build? I managed to get Farrul's Fur tonight. Just having some issues with resists but hanging in there just below max.

Looking for some evasion tips. Where does the enemy blind come from?

-----

EDIT: Already answered the last question on stream - the blind comes from Claws of the Hawk, 10% chance. Thank you for that.

Any other assistance with the build would be appreciated. Where should I be putting my concentration?
Last edited by ThalantyrDSL on Apr 23, 2020, 6:08:13 PM
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Hedrock01 wrote:
Hiho,

very nice FB guide.

I made a Berserker WarCry Version of your build:
It is super fun to play.

Here is a short single target showcase clip of Veritania boss fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWo1bCssxD0

And here my PoB Community Fork pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/1QdivrcA

Feel free to play around with it.

This looks a lot more like my own Berserker lol. :p

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2831070

It's like a mix of my two builds. Getting the best of two worlds!

Oh I see, the Berserker Warcry guide in the Marauder Subforum is yours. I read so many guides and looked into PoE Ninja builds, I did not recognize the other build is also from you. Great write up :D
I will be starting up my stream in about 10 minutes. If you need help over the next 6+ hours I suggest you join me there, and I'll do my best to help out.

You can of course just leave a comment here, and I'll help you out tomorrow when I get up.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
THIS BUILD is not posible to play as LEAGUE STARTER.everything is so expensive.The Pandemonius amulet more than 10 ex.Lethal Pride 12 ex.Watcher`s eye more than 10 ex.Farrul's Fur from 15 ex.Another stuff is expensive too.I spend 200 c for Mark of the Elder and shaper ring with Assassin's Mark on hit.(changed with my ring and low of resistance).No items with atribute points.20 days of waste of time.Sorry but realy dont like it.
"
nana3abg wrote:
THIS BUILD is not posible to play as LEAGUE STARTER.everything is so expensive.The Pandemonius amulet more than 10 ex.Lethal Pride 12 ex.Watcher`s eye more than 10 ex.Farrul's Fur from 15 ex.Another stuff is expensive too.I spend 200 c for Mark of the Elder and shaper ring with Assassin's Mark on hit.(changed with my ring and low of resistance).No items with atribute points.20 days of waste of time.Sorry but realy dont like it.

It's a build that clears all content. I wouldn't say it's great as a league starter as those with end game are usually expensive.

In terms of your pricing, it's not really accurate.

Lethal Pride is 40c, there are 10,000 versions so you just pick one.
Watcher's Eye is not more than 10ex, not even close.
You don't NEED to have Assassin's Mark on hit, it's a luxury.
Farrul's Fur I bought for 6ex last night with 4R-2G sockets, 6-linked, nearly max roll.

I think you're exaggerating :)

The build is pretty good. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and didn't really have anything from my league starter to help with this build. It's a currency rich league so I think it's quite easy to get to a level to clear content.
"
nana3abg wrote:

It's a shame that you haven't enjoyed the build, but I have played this as a league starter the last 5 leagues or so.
The build is far from perfect, but other people have fun with it, and get it working. If they don't get it working, they ask for help and then we get it working.

So, claiming it is "not possible" is, frankly, a pretty stupid thing to say.

If you had problems, you should have asked for help. I always try to help out those who ask, and we usually end up fixing any issues that might exist.

Also, none of the items you listed above is in the early versions of the build. I'm guessing you aren't using Path of Building, in which case I really recommend you to get that program and get familiar with it. It will make it a lot easier for you to follow any guide, since 90% of all guides that are listed here on the forums are using Path of Building.

If you did use PoB, you would see that there are 4 different sets of gear. Budget/Standard/Expensive/Very Expensive.

You shouldn't aim to get a Farrul's Fur the very first thing you do. You need to take it one step at a time.
Also, in the notes section of the PoB, you can find this: (click to enlarge)

You aren't expected to have Watcher's Eye/Lethal Pride/Farrul's Fur in the cheaper versions of the build. In fact, Farrul's Fur isn't even listed in any other gear set than the very expensive one.

Again, it's a shame it didn't work for you. If you change your mind and want some help, I am more than willing to aid you in any way I can.

Otherwise, I hope you find something else to play that you enjoy more. :)

Don't panic.
Fiver you did a great job with the build. Everything is explained in detail. I also see that you respond to the comments in great detail. I really liked the build. Maybe the problem is with me.I do not want to offend you.About the prices of all stuffs i played on PS4.Its diferent server from this on PC and all prices is diferent and extremly high.Thx again dude.Have a nice day.
Last edited by nana3abg on Apr 24, 2020, 4:54:28 AM
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
I can't have a look right now though, preparing to start my stream, but I will have a look ASAP!

Hey Fiver. Sorry to hassle mate. Just wondering if you had a chance to look over my build? I managed to get Farrul's Fur tonight. Just having some issues with resists but hanging in there just below max.

Looking for some evasion tips. Where does the enemy blind come from?

-----

EDIT: Already answered the last question on stream - the blind comes from Claws of the Hawk, 10% chance. Thank you for that.

Any other assistance with the build would be appreciated. Where should I be putting my concentration?

Let's have a look at items to begin with.

Your claw is actually pretty good. It has very low phys dps, but the cold dmg and high crit chance weighs up for it a bit.
I would try to get a better claw eventually, but you are not in any rush to replace it.
Anything with 400 pdps+ and elemental penetration would be super cool though.

Your shield is decent. If you could find that lightning resist somewhere else, you could craft double damage on it. That would be a 5% damage boost.

Not much to say about Starkonja. It's a good helmet and you should keep it as long as you need. Getting a helmet with enemies have -9% to cold resist would be cool though, since it would allow you to get some resist on it as well.

Farruls fur and shapers touch - nothing to say. They are what you want.

You should get the 10% penetration enchant from the lab. You can farm it if you just get some twice enchanted prophecies and get all the darkshrines.

Your amulet is ... alright?
It has good modifiers but aside from the life roll, everything is pretty low. But the mods are all good.
I would annoint something else than claws of the pride. Until you can afford, or spare the resists, I recommend getting either divine fervour/holy dominion/snowforged. Those can help with some stats and resists.
Eventually you want Dismembering of course.

Get a Mark of the Elder with a better roll (or divine it, but its probably just cheaper to buy one), and use abrasive catalysts on it. You can get the % damage up to a maximum of 96% on a max roll, which is quite a lot more than the 72 you currently have. :p

A curse on hit ring would make a big difference for you. When you can, you should get one. This would probably my next 'big' upgrade.

You have a lot of resists on your belt, which I realise is why you have it. But you should really get one with life, and preferably elemental damage with attacks.

The jewel you have is really good. I like it.

You should get a Taste of Hate when you can. It's not super expensive. I would recommend one of the karui flasks.
I would also replace the other karui flask with an eternal life flask instead. Get freeze immunity on that one, and then craft "of the order" on your diamond flask. That modifier can be unveiled from cinderswallow flasks, and it adds 60-80% increased critical strike chance during flask effect.

Since you have a Farrul's Fur, I suggest switching your cluster jewel to one that has Cold Conduction + Blast-Freeze. Try to get one with only 5 or 4 sockets on it. That way you can add a small jewel with "Fettle" on it. These jewels are a great source for both life/resist/stats/damage. If you want to roll T1 modifiers on it, it needs to be above item level 84.

I recommend getting another Watcher's Eye. The % increased damage is good, but the others are a lot better. Added damage / cold pen / crit. Which one is better for you can depend on gear, so it's hard to recommend one. But they are all solid choices.

I don't know what you have on the Lethal Pride, but try to get intimidate and/or 2+ double damage on it.

skills:

You can afford getting a Herald of Purity and still have 104 unreserved mana.
Personally I would replace the Culling Strike.

Try to get quality on all the skill gems in your Frost Blades setup.
Herald of Ice is also a good spot to get quality on.

Passives:

Get rid of the Thief's Craft when you can.
Get rid of the node you've used towards disciple of the slaughter for now.
Get a new cluster jewel with 4-5 sockets.
This would free up 4 passives for you.
Use those passives on getting the socket on your cluster and adding a Fettle fewel. You can craft them yourself fairly easily. I can go through it on stream, but I plan on making a video at some point.

If you get some resists or int on the small passives, that can be really helpful in the quest to max resists and reach stat requirements.

I think that's all I have for now. :p
Good luck!

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info