[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
asklan123 wrote:

is this build still good for this league? I don't see anyone playing with her. Would it be a good option to farm simulacrum splinters in t14? how much would you need to invest for this, on average?

It would be very good for farming t14. I wouldn't want to try it without Farrul's Fur though, but you could easily do it with either a Bloodseeker or Touch of Anguish so that saves you some currency on the claw.

It looks like 6 linked Farrul's dropped so you could probably get good clear speed with 8-10ex.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Dongjai wrote:
Hey Fiver,

Just wondering if you could have a look at my gear and tell me where I can improve? Clear is great but boss dps is lacking quite abit and I think my evasion is really low compared to what you have.

I know I need to get a better chest for a start, but just want some tips on single target dps.

Thanks

A few notes before I start. Your evasion should be fine as long as you add blind to the calculation. When you are on full Frenzy charges you have 73% according to PoB tooltip. Blind lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50% and lowers the light radius to the minimum value.

A very big issue though is your life. You have a very low life pool, and that is something I would work on.

Skills

Get quality on your Frost Blades.
I assume you already know this, but I always say it anyway. Swap Ancestral Call for Ruthless on bigger bosses.

Your Blood Rage is one level too high to be supported by CWDT. This might be intentional on your part, which is fine. Just putting it out there.

Items

I like your claw. You obviously don't need to change that one.

A shield with reduced mana reserved could allow you to squeeze in a Herald of Purity. You would need to level up your enligthen to level 3, and maybe get rid of Precision.

Your helmet is good, but you should be aware that you are getting less DPS from it than a Starkonja would give you (even without enchant). That said, it might be worth it thanks to the resists.

Farrul's Fur is great. I'm assuming you have updated since you wrote your comment, because you certainly don't need a better chest.

Shaper's Touch - great.

Get the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" enchant on your boost. It's a huge dps boost. It would add almost 8% to the total dps in your case.

The amulet you have is alright, but a T1 physical damage or EDWAS roll would be stronger than the cold damage. Life also wouldn't hurt.

A curse on hit ring would increase your DPS by a lot. You should get one when you can.
I have one that you can have for free, but it's not super good. Better than nothing though.

You are using a Headhunter, which is cool af, but you should know that it does absolutely nothing for your boss dps. A good Stygian Vise with EDWAS and a good Abyss Jewel would do more for you.
A stygian vise with 30% EDWAS (which you can craft) and a jewel with critical strike multiplier, would alone give you about 150k dps more than Headhunter. This is before I have made any of the suggested changes.

Craft the modifier "of the order" on your diamond flask. It will give you up to 80% increased crit chance during flask effect. You can get the enchant by unveiling a cinderswallow flask, or ask someone else to craft it for you. I have it if you want me to do it.

A Bottled Faith would obviously be a huge DPS increase, albeit an expensive one.

I recommend getting a small cluster jewel with 4% increased maximum life on the implicit, and then roll the modifier Fettle on it. If you get good roll on the small passives (I recommend getting the 3 passive version), you can get a good chunk of life, along with resists/stats/damage.
You can even replace something like Thick Skin for this.
Getting one of these does mean that you need to get a new medium cluster jewel that has a socket. As long as it has 5 or less passives, you will spend the same amount of points as you do on thick skin, but get more life along with other decent stuff.

Not sure what you have on your Lethal Pride but intimidate and double damage are the best modifiers, followed by Crit Multi > Crit Chance > Damage, in that order.

You also have an empty jewel socket. I'm assuming that you have something there that is temporarily unsocketed. Otherwise I recommend a Watcher's Eye.
Cold Penetration would currently give you the most damage.

I don't really have much to comment on with the skill tree, aside from the cluster jewel stuff that I mentioned above, but hopefully you get something useful from this. :)

Thank you to take the time to reply, really appreciate it.
I've just got my boot enchant after 10 lab runs, kinda lucky lol. Now working towards getting more HP.

Hopefully can tackle conquerors abit easier with more elemental penetration.

"
Dongjai wrote:
I've just got my boot enchant after 10 lab runs, kinda lucky lol. Now working towards getting more HP. Hopefully can tackle conquerors abit easier with more elemental penetration.

I just tried three times on todays uberlab, died in the same spot three times. Some awful gauntlet area. Had 3 x Divine Font uses ready to go. I hate that place lol.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
Dongjai wrote:
I've just got my boot enchant after 10 lab runs, kinda lucky lol. Now working towards getting more HP. Hopefully can tackle conquerors abit easier with more elemental penetration.

I just tried three times on todays uberlab, died in the same spot three times. Some awful gauntlet area. Had 3 x Divine Font uses ready to go. I hate that place lol.

Sometimes the traps are mean lol. They are the hardest part of the lab.

Don't panic.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
Hi Fiver, noobish player here, looking for some assistance if possible.

What's the best way for me to show you my gear and tree to get an idea on the best quick gains? (outside of Farrul's Fur, which I'm working on the currency for).

I've had some trouble balancing resists & attributes to keep all gems running high so I'm relying on a couple of extra STR/INT nodes as well as some resist from the Lethal Pride at the moment.

I'd like to raise my evasion if possible as I can DPS down those bosses, without Ruthless, but struggle to stay alive into T15/Conq maps.

Thank you.

I can just import your character to PoB and have a look, as long as your account is set to public, so all that is needed is your account name. So you don't need to do anything.

I can't have a look right now though, preparing to start my stream, but I will have a look ASAP!

Don't panic.
"
asklan123 wrote:

is this build still good for this league? I don't see anyone playing with her. Would it be a good option to farm simulacrum splinters in t14? how much would you need to invest for this, on average?

Simulacrum hasn't been a problem for me personally, but getting something like a 6-link Farrul's Fur (or buying one and linking yourself) & a good claw, can obviously get expensive pretty fast.

Farming splinters in T14 shouldn't require that much of an investment though.
You don't need a farrul for that. I do recommend a good claw though.
Luckily they are pretty cheap at this point in the league.
(https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/YlnzgbsY)

A Curse on Hit ring would do wonders as well.

Don't panic.
I'm starting up my stream now. If anyone needs help over the next couple of hours, you know where to find me!

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hi Fiver, i have a problem i dont know if you can help me. I like your build a lot. But since yesterday i cant use my vaal haste anymore not enough mana.i have the reduced 15%shield mana for herald and hatred enlighten. All my gems are good level. i tryed to perfectly follow your build. But now i dont know what is the problem. You think you can take a look on my gear. i really dont understand what the problem is. Thanks in advance
Last edited by Maxkedevos123 on Apr 22, 2020, 2:02:39 PM
Hiho,

very nice FB guide.

I made a Berserker WarCry Version of your build:
It is super fun to play.

Here is a short single target showcase clip of Veritania boss fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWo1bCssxD0

And here my PoB Community Fork pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/1QdivrcA

Feel free to play around with it.
Hello. I want to ask about this build. I always wanted to try out Frost Blades but I heard that this is an expensive build. In addition, it's not a good league starter because it requires more currency to clean up the same things that can be done with other builds with much less money overlays, and even other builds are better at dealing with higher map tiers etc. It is known that the best earn on maps T14-16, and I am not convinced whether this build will be able to make these maps with a small financial outlay. As you know in PoE, you earn lower tiers and progress as you get the currency. Also, I'm not sure should I pick Berserker or Raider. Can somebody answer my fears?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info