[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Fiver wrote:
"
zine82 wrote:
Hi Fiver,

First of all, thanks for investing time in this build and sharing with the community. Awesome.

I've been using this build for Delirium and i kind of feel that i am almost capped out for this build.

Survivability has always been an issue (5k hp) and i still die pretty often. That's probably the nature of this build as you did mentioned we have to be on our toes.

I tried to attempt max delirium orbs on t14 and i struggle a lot. At this point on high level maps, i think incremental improvements to defense (evasion/hp etc) may probably be not worth it since i will still get one shot by some bosses. I was thinking of just boosting dps to kill bosses faster.

Would you have any advice? Thank you.

(Passive Skill Tree comments:
- Linked a small cluster (bottom of skill tree to get adrenaline and 10% extra Life
- (top right of skill tree) Gave up Resourcefulness and the small skill node before that to get 20% CSC and Cold Hearted Calculation because my Intimidate was on Cold Hearted which i'm fine.
- Lethal Pride is ok, gives intimidate, 5% DD, 30% Melee CSC, 15% Melee CSM, 20% Melee Damage and some other stuff like Fire Resis and Fortify stuff.

I think we talked on stream Tuesday, right? :)

Yea we did =)
I will be starting up my stream in about 10 minutes. If you need help with anything over the next 6 hours or so, feel free to stop by. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
how do one cope with mana problems?
"
Muniich wrote:
how do one cope with mana problems?

I'm just starting my stream, so don't have time to check your character atm.
But I will help you asap.

Soul raker in the passive tree should take care of mana leech

Don't panic.
-

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Apr 18, 2020, 1:27:55 PM
I will be starting up my stream now. If you need help with anything over the next 6 hours or so, feel free to stop by. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hey Fiver,

Just wondering if you could have a look at my gear and tell me where I can improve? Clear is great but boss dps is lacking quite abit and I think my evasion is really low compared to what you have.

I know I need to get a better chest for a start, but just want some tips on single target dps.

Thanks

Last edited by Dongjai on Apr 19, 2020, 9:38:59 PM
"
Dongjai wrote:
Hey Fiver,

Just wondering if you could have a look at my gear and tell me where I can improve? Clear is great but boss dps is lacking quite abit and I think my evasion is really low compared to what you have.

I know I need to get a better chest for a start, but just want some tips on single target dps.

Thanks

A few notes before I start. Your evasion should be fine as long as you add blind to the calculation. When you are on full Frenzy charges you have 73% according to PoB tooltip. Blind lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50% and lowers the light radius to the minimum value.

A very big issue though is your life. You have a very low life pool, and that is something I would work on.

Skills

Get quality on your Frost Blades.
I assume you already know this, but I always say it anyway. Swap Ancestral Call for Ruthless on bigger bosses.

Your Blood Rage is one level too high to be supported by CWDT. This might be intentional on your part, which is fine. Just putting it out there.

Items

I like your claw. You obviously don't need to change that one.

A shield with reduced mana reserved could allow you to squeeze in a Herald of Purity. You would need to level up your enligthen to level 3, and maybe get rid of Precision.

Your helmet is good, but you should be aware that you are getting less DPS from it than a Starkonja would give you (even without enchant). That said, it might be worth it thanks to the resists.

Farrul's Fur is great. I'm assuming you have updated since you wrote your comment, because you certainly don't need a better chest.

Shaper's Touch - great.

Get the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" enchant on your boost. It's a huge dps boost. It would add almost 8% to the total dps in your case.

The amulet you have is alright, but a T1 physical damage or EDWAS roll would be stronger than the cold damage. Life also wouldn't hurt.

A curse on hit ring would increase your DPS by a lot. You should get one when you can.
I have one that you can have for free, but it's not super good. Better than nothing though.

You are using a Headhunter, which is cool af, but you should know that it does absolutely nothing for your boss dps. A good Stygian Vise with EDWAS and a good Abyss Jewel would do more for you.
A stygian vise with 30% EDWAS (which you can craft) and a jewel with critical strike multiplier, would alone give you about 150k dps more than Headhunter. This is before I have made any of the suggested changes.

Craft the modifier "of the order" on your diamond flask. It will give you up to 80% increased crit chance during flask effect. You can get the enchant by unveiling a cinderswallow flask, or ask someone else to craft it for you. I have it if you want me to do it.

A Bottled Faith would obviously be a huge DPS increase, albeit an expensive one.

I recommend getting a small cluster jewel with 4% increased maximum life on the implicit, and then roll the modifier Fettle on it. If you get good roll on the small passives (I recommend getting the 3 passive version), you can get a good chunk of life, along with resists/stats/damage.
You can even replace something like Thick Skin for this.
Getting one of these does mean that you need to get a new medium cluster jewel that has a socket. As long as it has 5 or less passives, you will spend the same amount of points as you do on thick skin, but get more life along with other decent stuff.

Not sure what you have on your Lethal Pride but intimidate and double damage are the best modifiers, followed by Crit Multi > Crit Chance > Damage, in that order.

You also have an empty jewel socket. I'm assuming that you have something there that is temporarily unsocketed. Otherwise I recommend a Watcher's Eye.
Cold Penetration would currently give you the most damage.

I don't really have much to comment on with the skill tree, aside from the cluster jewel stuff that I mentioned above, but hopefully you get something useful from this. :)

Don't panic.

is this build still good for this league? I don't see anyone playing with her. Would it be a good option to farm simulacrum splinters in t14? how much would you need to invest for this, on average?
Hi Fiver, noobish player here, looking for some assistance if possible.

What's the best way for me to show you my gear and tree to get an idea on the best quick gains? (outside of Farrul's Fur, which I'm working on the currency for).

I've had some trouble balancing resists & attributes to keep all gems running high so I'm relying on a couple of extra STR/INT nodes as well as some resist from the Lethal Pride at the moment.

I'd like to raise my evasion if possible as I can DPS down those bosses, without Ruthless, but struggle to stay alive into T15/Conq maps.

Thank you.
Last edited by ThalantyrDSL on Apr 21, 2020, 12:17:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info