[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Moonwalker wrote:
What node you recomends for The pandemonius?

I recommend Claws of the Falcon, Dismembering, Divine Fervour, or Holy Dominion.
If you dislike hotswapping between Ancestral call and ruthless/mpd, you can also go for Primal Fury and just remove Ancestral Call.

Claws of the Falcon is the strongest one in terms of damage, but you can actually get that one without annointing it, if you skip Primeval Force.
Divine Fervour and Holy Dominion are pretty cheap options that both give you damage and other bonuses if you need help with resists/stats.
Dismembering is the highest DMG node after claws of the falcon, but also pretty expensive.

Don't panic.
"
Hear7y wrote:
This league, it's pretty hard to get good claws, the decent ones are quite expensive ... :/ I also got Shaper's Touch and I continue struggling with getting all the off-color sockets the build needs :D

I made a video a little while back on socketing. There are a few ways that you can make it easier to get off-colours, and some are mentioned in the video. The socket trick is my favorite.
You can also use Vorici's crafting bench if you get him in the Research safehouse.

Don't panic.
"
BlizardShafff wrote:
Hi, can you look at my character please? my single target damage is really low, first time playing frost blades

I've got a couple of pointers.
Let's start with skills.
You are using a different skill setup in your frost blades 6L. I would recommend switching nightblade to hypothermia instead.
You're also not using whirling Blades. WB is our main movement skill and it's incredibly important to have it because we also use it to get the fortify buff and debuff bosses with frost bomb. You should have a setup with WB - Fortify - Cast on Crit - Frost Bomb.
I'd also recommend getting flame dash instead of dash. It can gap longer distances and it can be used 3 times in a row before cooldown hits.
You are using level 22 Precision that you get from your Hyrris Truth. This causes a big problem with your mana, since you only have 64 unreserved mana. You should use a lower level precision gem to avoid this.

Items:
Speaking of hyrris truth. It might be worth replacing it for a rare amulet, to give you some extra life. Try to get one with crit multiplier and edwas/life/physdmg/colddmg.
You have a very low lifepool. This can be remedied a bit by taking Revenge of the Hunted in your passive tree, so I would move there as fast as you can. I would probably get Claws of the Falcon after that (instead of primeval force).
The next couple of levels will give you some life, but you definitely need to get more.
You don't have a claw equipped so I have no idea how good it is, but try to get a 400+ pdps claw and make sure it has crit on it. They are expensive this league, but 400+ is recommended.
Another thing I noticed is that you have pretty bad rolls on some of your items (Lion's Roar, Mark of the Elder, Atziri's Promise, and both Fight for Survival jewels). This is quite a big deal.
You should easily be able to perfect the implicit on your MotE. It can have 4 to 14 added phys on the implicit, and yours has 3-12. Blessed orbs are cheap. :p
I would recommend crafting 5-8% increased mana/life on your body armour instead of the current hybrid life/evasion craft. It will give you more life.
Get the 10% elemental penetration enchant on your boots. You can farm it quite easily in the eternal labyrinth, since there are only 16 enchants you can get on boots. Buy a Twice Enchanted prophecy and grab all the darkshrines, and you can get up to 3 enchants per run.

I hope this helps you some. :)
I'm sorry for the late reply, but I just hvent had time and the last days I havent been able to access a computer since I'm currently away on a snowboarding-trip. :)

Don't panic.
How hard is it to get a good roll for this build on the Lethal Pride ? I was playing a summoner last league and people spent tens of exalts worth of divines to get a decent (but usually not super) roll. And they often ended up taking nodes that are otherwise useless just to take advantage of the LP bonuses.

"
Fiver wrote:

I recommend Claws of the Falcon, Dismembering, Divine Fervour, or Holy Dominion.
If you dislike hotswapping between Ancestral call and ruthless/mpd, you can also go for Primal Fury and just remove Ancestral Call.

Claws of the Falcon is the strongest one in terms of damage, but you can actually get that one without annointing it, if you skip Primeval Force.
Divine Fervour and Holy Dominion are pretty cheap options that both give you damage and other bonuses if you need help with resists/stats.
Dismembering is the highest DMG node after claws of the falcon, but also pretty expensive.

My tree is a bit different (I've taken claws of the falcon and primeval force) but for me it's disemboweling, dismembering and heart of ice, in that order. Disemboweling gives more damage and the increased crit should give more freezes but dismembering maims so it might help defensively. Heart of ice gives a lot of damage (but slightly less that the first two) and it's as expensive as the others so it's probably the worst of the three.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Hello again :)
Lastly I was thinking about amulet. The one I use
seems a bit underpowered when we consider Impresence (with no mana reservation for frostbite) and Pandemonius. From those two is hard to say which is all the time better, becouse resistance penetration is degraded in effectivnes if resistances are mid or low. So, the best option is just searching damage increasing on amulet, not res penetration. Following that path of thinking, is there any "money-wise" point to change my amulet?

Second thing - I'm struggling with survivability. I can repair lack in resistances (only lightning is not capped) by changing darkrays to max res version, but there are two major factors I can't jump on - chaos res and life.

And lastly, I invested, well, a "few" exalts in my character using your build but I feel so weak damage wisly against high tier bosses. What can I improve? In your build from 3.8 and character you posted in pastebin there is no gap between mine and yours damage, there is abyss...
Last edited by desacred on Dec 30, 2019, 12:23:19 PM
Hi, quick question, how do you get enough strenght for the build ?

For now I took the Prowess +30STR node above Thief's Craft, and I'm thinking about getting Utmost Might with oils.
Last edited by ek0z on Dec 30, 2019, 4:09:10 PM
"
ek0z wrote:
Hi, quick question, how do you get enough strenght for the build ?

For now I took the Prowess +30STR node above Thief's Craft, and I'm thinking about getting Utmost Might with oils.

Before you can get a lethal pride, you can use the +30 nodes, but you can also keep berserk, ancestral protector, and Vaal ancestral warchief on a slightly lower level.
When you get a lethal pride, strength is no longer a problem since it will give you 70+ STR.
I’m on phone right now and can’t remember which one, but there’s 2 nodes you can annoint, which are Divine Fervour or Holy Dominion.
One of those gives STR/INT but also good damage.

Don't panic.
Hello to all,

I have been playing this build from league start and can see that there are some people who complains about single target DPS. In this thread there are written many advice so I just repeat.

1. Get Mark of the Elder ring + another Shaper ring with option "Curse enemies with level (8/12) assasin's mark on hit". This gives huge DPS boost.

2. Get flasks which are mentioned in first Fiver's post of this thread. Those flasks are mandatory.

3. Buy jewel Lethal pride. Maybe you could not have currency for rerolling but it will at least will boost your Strength, since it is need for Berserk, and Totems gems.

4. Use Berserk skill on Metamorphs. Bosses often is easier than metamorphs so it's better to save Rage points for them. I mean you complete map + boss and then immediately start Tane Octavius quest.

-----------------------------------------------

What I personally changed from Fiver's build is that I added another weapon and removed shield. Yes, I lost life and resists but still managed to cap it. Second weapon did very big DPS boost. In previous league I played Berserker's version of Frost blades. There been said that build's goal is to kill everyone before anyone kills you. Maybe Raider's DPS is lower but it gives big evasion and dodge boost and I like it more.

You can compare your DPS with mine. In Hideout with Hatred + Herald of ice + Precision I have 136k DPS. Life pool - 4.5k (95 level). This is enough in few seconds killing T15-T16 metamorphs. Shaper's and Elder's guardians take bit longer. Shaper and Elder I didn't test, since fragments are expensive and I always sell them.

So if your goal is to increase character's level then go with shield (since dying at big lvl costs too much experience). If you want to farm up to T16 maps + Shaper's and Elder's guardians then go with another weapon.

When prices will drop I will buy Armour and Ring with option "Socketed attacks have -X Mana Cost" and use another Herald or Flesh and Stone with Enlighten.

Hope it helps. I you have another advice, please share. It could help other players.
"
Fiver wrote:

Before you can get a lethal pride, you can use the +30 nodes, but you can also keep berserk, ancestral protector, and Vaal ancestral warchief on a slightly lower level.
When you get a lethal pride, strength is no longer a problem since it will give you 70+ STR.
I’m on phone right now and can’t remember which one, but there’s 2 nodes you can annoint, which are Divine Fervour or Holy Dominion.
One of those gives STR/INT but also good damage.

Ok, got it, thanks !
Hi everyone, wanted to hear some advice if anyone here did Awakener with the build, I failed 3 times so far :D
My biggest issue is probably just mechanics and the fight is pretty silly because I just die to storms usually, but..
Most of our skills are pretty unusable in the fight, Vaal haste, Vaal ancestral. Flasks are useless as well obviously.
I add in a decoy totem but it doesn't really solve much.

I recently got awakened cold penetration and trying around skill setups, currently removed ruthless and switching around between ancestral call and multistrike if I'm doing a map/killing boss.
Probably want to work on my chest and rings setup, but I really want to prioritize some chaos res so it's tough. Trying to craft my own chest with an Elder base right now.
Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info