[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Build is really fun to play but i feel like i have no dmg, according to Path of building i am only rocking about 1.5 mil dps while having a bunch of big ticket items (about 10-12 ex in) and really not understand where the rest of my dmg is supposed to be. the build is hadesexplosivedeadeye If you have a min to take a look at it and tell what im doing wrong i would really appreciate it
I always love it when noob RMTers with hundreds of ex worth of gear and zero knowledge of the game ask questions like, hey I payed a lot of money and this isn't working, WTH? Maybe you should also pay someone to play the game for you.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So, I did some crafting. Ended up with a 400 pdps claw, although it could have been so much more. My mistake was I crafted on an already influenced base. After being done with it I realized you can't use hunters ex on an already influenced item. Was hoping for cold per dex or pen. I annulled mana and multimodded. Slammed and it gave me mana again.

So I’m far north in the swedish mountains and snowboarding right now, but good news!
I have secured access to a computer and will be able to respond to you guys in a little while!

Don't panic.
"
xKynn wrote:
So, I did some crafting. Ended up with a 400 pdps claw, although it could have been so much more. My mistake was I crafted on an already influenced base. After being done with it I realized you can't use hunters ex on an already influenced item. Was hoping for cold per dex or pen. I annulled mana and multimodded. Slammed and it gave me mana again.

I was just about to reply to your earlier post, but noticed you wrote this one. Awesome, good work on the claw! Shame on the mana, but it's still a good claw.

I think you already knew what you should be focusing on, judging from the things you mentioned in your previous post. I checked out your current gear and you are definitely moving in the right direction!

An Atziri's promise is something I would recommend getting, and replacing that quartz flask.
Your life could be higher, but I know that it can be hard to find the right gear, specially this league.

A Lethal Pride would be a huge upgrade.

Don't panic.
"
I always love it when noob RMTers with hundreds of ex worth of gear and zero knowledge of the game ask questions like, hey I payed a lot of money and this isn't working, WTH? Maybe you should also pay someone to play the game for you.

It's a shame that people RMT, but I try not to judge people. I know that there are people that don't have that much free time because of jobs, family, etc.
It would be preferable if people read through the guide before asking questions though. At least check the F.A.Q first. It's quite extensive. :p

Don't panic.
"
IdoA wrote:
Hi fiver,
i'v just got drop of Pandemonius, now its rly expensive i'v considering on selling it and buy with that currency a good necklace like u say its optimal.
but im asking you if it's better to switch with that currency to a good rare necklace or just keep that pandemonius?

You can play with Pandemonius if you like it. The advantage you get from going for a rare amulet is mainly the extra life you can get and the resist.
It's up to you really.

Don't panic.
"
xar1337 wrote:
I wanted to reply to this thread again showing the progress I've made from my last post asking about a new claw.

Farming with this character got me around 8ex+1000c. Actually thought about playing another build but then decided just investing alot of it into this.

I switched out some items for others with more resists, learned about catalysts + anointing (didn't play the leagues where those got introduced) and most importantly -> greatly increased my crit chance. For survivability a big improvement was a Fight for Survival jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you", since that mods quickly deletes your whole lifepool in T15+ maps.

Around 30-40c for one like this.

Crit chance is a huge factor for this build, just like the elemental penetration. Two things which I didn't really look out for in the beginning.
I got a chest with Attacks have 1.4% crit chance, that nets around 8% increase in crit chance. That helps hugely with clearing and bossing.

These go for around 1-2ex (not 6 linked of course).

Also upping my evasion a bit mitigates quite alot more, it's still evasion tho.

Unsure about switching out my gloves to Shaper's Touch instead of normal Tombfist, the last time it felt like a dps downgrade (+100hp tho).

Next big upgrade will either be a endgame claw or a watchers eye with hatred mods to further increase crit chance or penetration.

Thank you again for the build, it's a really good one!

Current gear:

You're progressing quit fine! I would definitely go for a new claw and then a Lethal Pride. Good claws are hard to find this league though. :(
Also, just a heads up. It would be better to go for the 100-129% increased phys dmg on the claw rather than the phys/impale. Impale doesnt give us anything since it only affects physical damage, and our output is 100% cold.
A watchers eye is not a bad idea either, but I think a good roll on a Lethal Pride is worth more in the end. Getting % double damage on them can be insane, and % to intimidate and crit multi, are also huge. The STR itself also provides some life.

I generally prefer ST over Tombfist, but they both have their advantages/disadvantages

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Dec 30, 2019, 8:24:11 AM
"
jonaluza wrote:
Hello,
Please excuse me for the mistakes in this text because I do not speak English.

Thank you for this very nice build which is very dynamic to play.

I do not understand I bought all the items requested in the build which cost me more than 100ex and i cant complete T14/15/16 without dying..

The citadel bosses are impossible to kill without dying ...

Are the missing levels the key ?
How do you farm for up easy without dying ? Or do not make the mods like -12 % resistance ? Dodge unlucky ?

Can you watch my character "Gorjuss" and give me some tips? Or how can be really more tanky ? Maybe sell pandemonius ? I have 5K1 life, i think take nodes life maybe ?

I can't facetank like in the video without dying what I don't understand ...

Thank you in advance, Good game

I'm surprised you have problems with T14+ because like you say, you have good gear.
Your claw could be better though. It has a lot of DPS, but it has no crit chance. Crit chance is more important than you might think. It also only has 30% quality, which isn't "bad", but you can easily get 44+ with a crafted hybrid crit/quality or AS/quality crafted roll.
Another thing I noticed is that you have pretty bad rolls on some of your items. The lion's roar can be 25%, and you might think that 4% is not that big of a difference, but the modifier that gives "more" damage is incredibly powerful. Without ANY other changes to your current character, a Lion's Roar with 25% would give you 70k+ extra DPS.
Your MotE could also have a much better roll. First of all, the % increased damage can reach 80%, so 72 isn't a very good roll. Also, you should use blessed orbs on it until you get 4 to 14 on the implicit modifier. Blessed orbs are cheap, and you'll get a perfect roll pretty fast.

You could have a look at some of the videos from my stream if you want to get a sense of how I play. The reason I'm able to face-tank so much stuff is because I keep my Fortify up as much as possible. You'll notice if you watch a video when I play, that I whirl back and forth through bosses all the time. This is the reason.
And since I've played the build so many times, I kinda know when I can facetank and when I can't.
But I want to add, that you're not really supposed to just face-tank stuff. This built isn't really meant to do that. It can do it on most content, but that was never the idea.
Sometimes it's just about learning how to move properly, when to use your burst damage, etc.
But never try to face-tank spells. The high evasion and dodge allows us to tank most attacks, because most of the time we don't even get hit, and when we do, we leech up to full HP very fast.
But evasion doesnt work vs spells, so you need to avoid them.
But have a look at my stream and check how I play. The videos from my previous streams are saved so you can just skim through one of them. I have a very aggressive playstyle, and sometimes that is better than being careful.
I always try to whirl through enemies, not only to keep my Fortify up (though that is a huge reason), but also to keep my mana up when I'm moving.
That said, I die quite often this league as well. This league has definitely made it harder to play this build. I have worse gear than you but don't have any problems with T16 maps. Metamorphs can be an exception though.

Don't panic.
"
Samson55430 wrote:
Build is really fun to play but i feel like i have no dmg, according to Path of building i am only rocking about 1.5 mil dps while having a bunch of big ticket items (about 10-12 ex in) and really not understand where the rest of my dmg is supposed to be. the build is hadesexplosivedeadeye If you have a min to take a look at it and tell what im doing wrong i would really appreciate it

I'm sorry I couldn't help you faster, I noticed that you rerolled already. :)
I haven't been near a computer in the last few days, so I'm a bit slow on the replies right now.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info