[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
ObiWanTaps wrote:
I seem to be having trouble getting damage at around level 70 ish have like 30k dps in game. is there anything i can do to improve on it because i really dont know what to do, to get the damage up alot higher

At lvl 70 you are still in the very early stages of this build, and you will need to be 80+ to expect the build to really perform. But there are always improvements to do.

Get the flasks. This is a very common mistake that I see, and I'm not sure why so many people skip it. The flasks are important.
Get enchant on Darkray vectors. 10% ele pen is easy to farm in uberlab. Bring twice enchanted prophecy and take all the darkshrines and you can get up to 3 enchants per run. There's only 16 enchants for boots, so it usually goes pretty fast.

A rare claw would be nice, but ToA should be fine for now.
If you are fine with losing some damage but gaining survivability, you can change it for a bloodseeker. I usually prefer doing that.

A Mark of the Elder would be nice when you reach level 80.

There's a couple of big ones in the passive tree.
First one is obviously to get your last ascendancy. It may be worth paying someone a few chaos to help you out if you cant do it alone.
But another big one in terms of damage is Assassination. Go left through blood siphon, and then continue to assassination.
Assassination gives a lot of damage.
You should probably just take Claws of the Magpie first though, since you're basically there already.
If you want to, you can skip primeval force, and use those 4 points +1 to get to claws of the falcon instead. It will help with int, and does more damage.
I intend to change this to the standard route in the next PoB draft.

As a last note.
The in-game tooltip doesn't mean anything. It is NEVER accurate. If you want a real measurement of your DPS you should use Path of Building. I have videos on my youtube channel explaining the basics of it, and I have another video specifically on how to import your own build and check the DPS. Check those out if you are unsure of how to do it.

Don't panic.
Hi Fiver,

it's incredible that you try to answer ever Problems listened here.
I hope you can help me with mine.

Would you still switch Awakened Ancestral Call with Melee Damage or is the third Enemy Hit better?

And if possible, how much impact would make a Awakened Multistrike on that build?
Last edited by Patrice_ on Jan 1, 2020, 9:44:27 AM
Hello,

I come back to you following your answer on page 229 "Gorjuss".

First of all, thank you for your responsive and relevant response.

Following your response I made some changes :

-I take a perfect rolls on flasks as requested.
-I also change my claw with a better pdps and the statistic "Crit chance".
-I also changed my chest for play with aura of the cat ... (best chest for this build).
-I take Fight for survival jewel corrupted with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" you must have this.
-I also changed the roll on my mark of the elder with modifications which gives me a + 96% damage atm.

About the dead I watch your videos and also your twitch I have exactly the same gameplay as you.
I noticed that you often die by metamorph or by an explosion ...
I noticed that the poison is very dangerous on bosses or on monsters (caustic ground).

Your life is low I have a pool of 5.4k life at the moment with best gear.
I replaced avatar of the chase with Veil which is really better. (more tanky)
But I lose a lot of attack speed and I am not sure it is better being that my chest gives me phasing ...But I have more survivability, what do you think about this how i can up attack speed with veil did you try it ?

Maybe I should play 2 claws?
I don't know what i can change on my stuff ...
I will take constitution node on my amulet for 6K life and its finish?
Its really hard to make T16 map without die ...
not all maps of course but if i have elemental weakness ... it's very hard.
Last things i can rush an other aura i have actually Hatred + ASH + Precision + Cat Skill + ??? Herald of thunder or Ash or somethings ? I think i have more damage with Ash cause i have lot of strengh to up it to level 20 ?

If you can help me,

Thanks a lot Fiver about this build.
Last edited by jonaluza on Jan 2, 2020, 3:10:30 AM
Hi, i can afford a 4th aura, but i don't know wich one should i use, i'm triying dread banner, but i don't know if it works in this build (i'm relative new to the game). Do you recommend any aura in particular?

Also, when can i do uber lab? I'm level 83 with 4.2k life, is that enough?

Great build btw, i'm really enjoying it
Dread banner ? Why would you choose that ? Dread banner gives impale which only works with physical damage. Herald of purity works fine with this build. In fact it gives the same DPS as HoI.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I am wondering thoughts on using a point in Iron Reflexes for this season and thoughts? Mapping has been good but the random 1 shot was aggravating I have put a point into Iron Reflexes and haven't been 1 shot since.

I may have been doing something wrong but it seems like it would add quite a bit to the survivability of the build at least for this season.
Can someone check my character and tell me what is wrong with my gear, what i should get? ( Dont watch my chest armor, i poofed my 6L Loreweave, RIP, F )
"
Can someone check my character and tell me what is wrong with my gear, what i should get? ( Dont watch my chest armor, i poofed my 6L Loreweave, RIP, F )

Hello,

To improve my english i will try to give you an answer but I think that fiver is better able to answer you.
Now, I have a lot of hours of play with this build I will try to help you.

First, I start with your passive tree :

-At first you must respect the tree given in this build. You can make some changes later depending on your gameplay.
There is obviously no right or wrong solution.
Currently you have not taken the jewel socket which gives a big dps you are missing 1 (up of "blood drinker").
-About your "Rapture Creed Crimson Jewel" i think you don't really need Dexterity and global physical damage maybe you can take life or cold damage.
At the end game you must have "Lethal pride" Because he give lot of dps with a good rolls.
-Whatcher's eyes is really good too for life and cold damage with hatred but its expensive.

Second, about flasks :

As Fiver indicate in my post, your rolls about lion roar's is low 20% (25% max) 5% give you 70k dps +.
After obtain good rolls, up it to 20% quality.

Third, about stuff :

Do you have 75% resistance on cold/fire/lightning ?

-Good rolls for your Starkonja's Head with good enchants keep it.
-About your shield you need to take a shield with reduced mana reservation for run 2 auras and high rolls evasion. At the moment you have a shield who give 0 evasion. We not need armour in this build.
-About Mark of the elder you can up %damage with catalyst take the best rolls before do that.
-About Belt i recommand to get a belt with Aura cat skill (it's expensive) but this aura give some dps attack speed ... I think you can win lot of life with a better belt (80 life min).
-Your opal ring is a good ring :)
-About gloves, try to buy shaper's touch gloves with +1 maximum frenzy charge its a really good gloves.
-About amulet, for more survivability, i think you can sell it and buy a rare amulet with high rolls life cold damage elemental damage and resistance with atack skill... if you need
-About Claw, i think you can win lot of dps and survivability with life gained on hit and more pDPS and crit chance on it (check mine).
-About chest, if you play aura cat like me i recommend you to use "Farrul's Fur".

Fourth, about gems :

I recommend to read the guide/watch videos correctly for choose your gems don't froget +20% quality.

Wait Fiver answer before make a changement.

I have finish my stuff (last upgrade is catalyst on rings and amulet) you can check my char "Gorjuss" and see my stuff.

Last edited by jonaluza on Jan 3, 2020, 8:39:02 AM
Thanks you sir^^
"
Fiver wrote:
"
ElysiumAB wrote:
Can anyone (Fiver? :p) suggest amulet anointments for this build, for: budget oils, mid-level oils, and high-end?

It's in the FAQ :p

But Claws of the Falcon for highest damage unless you've taken it by going to it manually.
Dismembering is 2nd in dmg
Divine Fervour and Holy Dominion are good cheap nodes that give both dmg and other good stuff like STR/DEX or resists.

If you want to skip using Ancestral Call you can get Tribal Fury.

Thank you! I looked through the guide before asking, didn't realize it could be in the FAQ.

Appreciate it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info