[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I'm starting my stream in about 10 minutes.

I will be streaming for the next 4-5 hours.
Feel free to join me if you need help with anything or want to hang out. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Guys I need advice, just got this chest:

Can still craft on it 5-8% life. Dont have Maim tho and Im not sure whats better crit/dex% or Maim too strong to pass on it?
But what if I could annull the cold damage?
killing uber elder was a pain in the ass because the lag, so i have to be carried...
otherwise i think i could done it
Hey Fiver, any suggestions on improving my weapon? I have a maybe 7ex saved up and I don't have much experience/confidence in crafting. Should I just go for a multi mod and follow the mods you mentioned?
"
Fiver wrote:

"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
Have you ever checked whether Circle of Fear with Intimidate or curse enemies with Level 5 Frostbite on hit could be better than Mark of the Elder?

Frostbite is not better than Assassins Mark, but a Circle of Fear can be really good. It's a totally viable option.

Well yes - I do use Assassin's Mark, and I would'nt want to go without. The idea is to use a shaper ring with assassin's mark on hit together with circle of fear with frostbite or intimidate implicits. (Intimidate really isn't the issue anymore, as I remembered I could get it via one of the timeless jewels) Either that or a curse on hit corruption implicit on our gloves instead of the frenzy charge that you have there.

I am currently using aspect of the spider, since I frankly suck at this game. I want to be as safe as I can. Which is why I like the thought of monsters moving with glacial speed. So I thought of three curses instead of one. At the cost of some life I could use my breast armour to allow me the second curse, and the annointment on my amulet the third.

Originally I pondered elemental weakness from the gloves and frostbite from the ring as an additional 50% cold penetration. But we already have a lot of cold penetration, so there's diminishing returns on that investment. And it would come at the cost of one frenzy charge and my current anointment, so it would better be worth it. Hence my change to frostbite and temporal chains / enfeeble on the gloves. Temporal chains currently sounds better to me because it synergizes with chill and aspect of the spider.

Your guide does not cover this. I don't think there's a need for that either, since in the end, guides aren't natural laws one has to accept, and everyone should play as he prefers to.

But I do think that you, at one point, pondered more curses, too. And as I said, more curses come at a cost. So with my earlier question I basically wanted to get to know your thoughts on the cost of more curses in relation to their rewards. Considering that you prefer Aspect of the Cat as your fourth aura, I assume that your philosophy is simply to kill as fast as you can and not care about slowing the enemy. After all, we do have a lot of evasion / dodge.

However, I intend to try and delve to 600 when I am 100 ^^. Currently at 98, so that's realistic. I haven't been to 600 this league, but in all of the past leagues. It's probably harder to achieve this league and I don't know if going all out on attack is going to cut it at 600.

So what do you think: Is 600 going to be easier to reach with curses or without?
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Starting stream in 5 minutes.

Join me if you wanna hang out or need help with anything! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Very recently decided to give this build a go and I'm having a blast, that said I could definitly use a pointer or two on what gear to upgrade next.

Current gear:
Spoiler

As you can probably see it's a bit of a mess as i was trying to cap resists and get enough int/str for ancestral warchief/protector(159) and curse on hit (111) which turned out to be a bigger pain than i expected at first :P
Guys I have some good pieces in my gear like crafted myself chest or dropped by me Watcher Eye jewel but Im missing atm good claw. Im using now cheap option

The question is, it is worth to upgrade Bloodseeker into some 1ex (so around 320 pDPS) claw or better keep using it till I can afford or craft some better claws in 5-8 ex range? Not sure how much the 320 pDPS claw will boost my damage compared to Bloodseeker.
"
BajaaniVadim wrote:
But what if I could annull the cold damage?

You should never craft on just suffixes. You want at least one high-tier Phys/Cold roll.

"
jabeleta wrote:
killing uber elder was a pain in the ass because the lag, so i have to be carried...
otherwise i think i could done it

Yeah it's not an easy fight. ^^

"
Chukwuemeka wrote:
Hey Fiver, any suggestions on improving my weapon? I have a maybe 7ex saved up and I don't have much experience/confidence in crafting. Should I just go for a multi mod and follow the mods you mentioned?

Well, you need to replace the one you have, that's for sure.

If you don't feel confident in your crafting, then you should buy something like this: http://poe.trade/search/ikobehoyusinan

"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
Spoiler

Well yes - I do use Assassin's Mark, and I would'nt want to go without. The idea is to use a shaper ring with assassin's mark on hit together with circle of fear with frostbite or intimidate implicits. (Intimidate really isn't the issue anymore, as I remembered I could get it via one of the timeless jewels) Either that or a curse on hit corruption implicit on our gloves instead of the frenzy charge that you have there.

I am currently using aspect of the spider, since I frankly suck at this game. I want to be as safe as I can. Which is why I like the thought of monsters moving with glacial speed. So I thought of three curses instead of one. At the cost of some life I could use my breast armour to allow me the second curse, and the annointment on my amulet the third.

Originally I pondered elemental weakness from the gloves and frostbite from the ring as an additional 50% cold penetration. But we already have a lot of cold penetration, so there's diminishing returns on that investment. And it would come at the cost of one frenzy charge and my current anointment, so it would better be worth it. Hence my change to frostbite and temporal chains / enfeeble on the gloves. Temporal chains currently sounds better to me because it synergizes with chill and aspect of the spider.

Your guide does not cover this. I don't think there's a need for that either, since in the end, guides aren't natural laws one has to accept, and everyone should play as he prefers to.

But I do think that you, at one point, pondered more curses, too. And as I said, more curses come at a cost. So with my earlier question I basically wanted to get to know your thoughts on the cost of more curses in relation to their rewards. Considering that you prefer Aspect of the Cat as your fourth aura, I assume that your philosophy is simply to kill as fast as you can and not care about slowing the enemy. After all, we do have a lot of evasion / dodge.

However, I intend to try and delve to 600 when I am 100 ^^. Currently at 98, so that's realistic. I haven't been to 600 this league, but in all of the past leagues. It's probably harder to achieve this league and I don't know if going all out on attack is going to cut it at 600.

So what do you think: Is 600 going to be easier to reach with curses or without?

I have tried several different setups with curses, but I don't think it's worth going for. If you get curse on your gloves, you lose out on the frenzy charge, as you say. Don't forget that the frenzy charge provides a lot more than just damage.
I don't think it's worth the investment needed to get a bunch of extra curses. An exception would be to get something like enfeeble/temp chains in the CWDT setup. But even then I wouldn't add +1 curse.

As for delving, I think that it's definitely possible to reach 600 without a bunch of extra curses. I know of people that are below 500. You might want to specc into Avatar of the Veil though. The phasing helps a lot when delving.
I'm not sure what would be easiest, but I think sticking to the original setup would be beneficial. But by all means, you should test your theory. It's never wrong to experiment. :)

"
Reazion wrote:
Very recently decided to give this build a go and I'm having a blast, that said I could definitly use a pointer or two on what gear to upgrade next.

Current gear:
Spoiler

As you can probably see it's a bit of a mess as i was trying to cap resists and get enough int/str for ancestral warchief/protector(159) and curse on hit (111) which turned out to be a bigger pain than i expected at first :P

Not sure if you have a Lethal Pride, but if you don't then one of those would be a good idea. That will help you a lot with reaching STR cap.

I would start looking for an assassins mark ring and a new claw.
The claw doesn't have any crit chance on it, which is something every claw should have. The crit multiplier mod isn't really that good on a weapon.

"
Asag wrote:
Guys I have some good pieces in my gear like crafted myself chest or dropped by me Watcher Eye jewel but Im missing atm good claw. Im using now cheap option

The question is, it is worth to upgrade Bloodseeker into some 1ex (so around 320 pDPS) claw or better keep using it till I can afford or craft some better claws in 5-8 ex range? Not sure how much the 320 pDPS claw will boost my damage compared to Bloodseeker.

Personally I would keep bloodseeker and upgrade when you have some more EX. But that is just my own preference. The damage boost you get from switching to a 320 claw is certainly noticable (also make sure it has crit chance), but personally I don't think it's worth it.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info