[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Hi
Personally I use hypothermia on my 6L.
I put nightblade on whirling blades, it proc often. It works well.
I activate frost bomb manually.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Maybe it has already been talked about, but I am seeing more people using Nightblade instead of Hypothermia:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Raider&skill=Frost-Blades&keystone=Avatar-of-the-Slaughter,Avatar-of-the-Chase&frost-blades-support=Elemental-Damage-with-Attacks,Multistrike,Rage,Ancestral-Call,Maim

Anybody tested both and has some feedback? How does the Elusive feel? Should be a nice clear speed buff, but does the build lose noticeable damage? Maybe just switch them depending on content?

At the beginning of the league I played with nightblade, but switched back to Hypothermia. The uptime on the full bonus from Elusive isn't worth it imo. Hypothermia feels like it provides more consistent damage, and it just feels better. :)

Don't panic.
I will start my 24 hour stream in about an hour!!

In 2 hours there will be a race to be the first to kill Kitava in a private league, and it's not too late to sign up yet. You still have 1 hour!
Check my Discord server for more information about the race, or use this link to sign up. https://pathofexile.com/private-leagues/join/Fivers+Milestone+Race/TrH9i4VGQcWVRR6Q2OuA

It's gonna be a long stream, so come in and keep me company! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Maybe it has already been talked about, but I am seeing more people using Nightblade instead of Hypothermia:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Raider&skill=Frost-Blades&keystone=Avatar-of-the-Slaughter,Avatar-of-the-Chase&frost-blades-support=Elemental-Damage-with-Attacks,Multistrike,Rage,Ancestral-Call,Maim

Anybody tested both and has some feedback? How does the Elusive feel? Should be a nice clear speed buff, but does the build lose noticeable damage? Maybe just switch them depending on content?

At the beginning of the league I played with nightblade, but switched back to Hypothermia. The uptime on the full bonus from Elusive isn't worth it imo. Hypothermia feels like it provides more consistent damage, and it just feels better. :)

Yea, thats what I suspected, half the time Elusive is up it provides very little bonus. Maybe the people using it are just PoB warriors, using it to show up higher in the poe.ninja DPS rankings :D

Next question: Tribal Fury. Best annointment? Or overkill and something like Disemboweling is better?

I have

so I think Tribal Fury has to provide a LOT of clearspeed to be worth losing out on the huge damage something like Disemboweling provides.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 12, 2019, 11:22:19 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yea, thats what I suspected, half the time Elusive is up it provides very little bonus. Maybe the people using it are just PoB warriors, using it to show up higher in the poe.ninja DPS rankings :D

Next question: Tribal Fury. Best annointment? Or overkill and something like Disemboweling is better?

this build is primarily masochistic ( if you like it ^^ )
I have

so I think Tribal Fury has to provide a LOT of clearspeed to be worth losing out on the huge damage something like Disemboweling provides.

you should not put more time into this build, you won´t have as much fun with it as with CoC or the Summoner, its pain in the ass once you reach maps ...
Last edited by bex_HB on Oct 12, 2019, 3:29:13 PM
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:

this build is primarily masochistic ( if you like it ^^ )
I have

you should not put more time into this build, you won´t have as much fun with it as with CoC or the Summoner, its pain in the ass once you reach maps ...

Oh, I know it will be nowhere near as strong as either of my other builds, it would be the only melee build I do this league.

Of course a 10ex summoner build will be better than a Frost Blades build is with like 250ex investment. But still, I find it fun to max them out.

And it won't be a pain in the ass with maps. I would face-roll T10 maps with my level 5 gear.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 13, 2019, 4:56:44 AM
Hi Fiver,

Quick question. I’m a PS4 player and have found that using whirling blades on PS4 is really awkward. It gets me out of position no matter what I do. I have tried various options and actually ended up with two frost blades set ups: the main one in the chest and a second one that is...

FB-Fortify-Cast on Crit-Frost Bomb. (I have an assassin’s mark ring.).

Is there anything I miss out on by doing it this way? I couldn’t see any huge downsides and on the PS4 this seems to give better control of character positioning. If there’s a better option that I haven’t thought of I’d appreciate any thoughts.

Z.
I guess this is worth crafting on?

Can I use this item? Or its not good?
Hm Fiver what you think about dat rings?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Precursor%27s_Emblem_(Frenzy_Charge)
is it can be end gear or our rings mark+shaper better?
Last edited by archwerewolf on Oct 13, 2019, 3:11:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info