[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
cody331

I am looking at your PoB right now, and have a few notes. :)

Take the short route here instead.

- I would get rid of the quicksilver flask. Get Lion's roar or at least a Sulphur flask instead (pref with knockback - it is super good in blight encounters).

- Work towards a new claw. You have pretty good gear otherwise, but the claw is lagging behind. Preferably one with these mods:
#% increased physical damage
Adds # to # physical damage
attacks with this weapon penetrate (14-16)% elemental resistance
% increased critical strike chance (and quality pref)
% increased attack speed

They are expensive right now, since not a lot of people have started crafting properly, but those are the ideal stats.

- I am assuming that you already swap out your ancestral call when fighting bosses, but since it is in the 6L I'll say it anyway. Don't forget to swap it out.

I would work towards better rare items as well, but the ones you have are not bad, and can be used a while. The body armour should have more life, and preferably % increased life as well, but the claw is more important right now.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 10, 2019, 7:55:34 AM
"
danda11 wrote:
hi, nice build so far, on tier 10 maps atm, mobs are going smooth, but i still struggle pretty much with single target for my feels,

could u check my skilltree and my equip and give me some advise on what to improve?

thanks alot in forward

Skill tree:

Get rid of the 2 nodes at the top

Get rid of Primal Spirit (when you can)

Use these points to get phase acrobatics.

Skills:

- Use a level 1 Flame Dash!! There is no benefit to having a high lvl flame dash, and it increases the amount of intelligence you need by a LOT. Get rid of it and get a new one that you don't level.

- Use a low lvl Curse on Hit. Having a high level only increases the duration of the buff, but it also increases the int requirement, just like flame dash.
It always has 100% to curse on hit, even if it's level 1. That's all that matters for us.

- Replace Faster Attacks with Fortify, in your whirling blades setup.

- Get Vaal Haste. LOTS of burst damage for bosses.

Items:

- get new shield. I know it gives you a lot of intelligence and resist, but use Thief's craft and the other intelligence nodes we get in the passive tree for the int instead.
Atziri's mirror gives no life. that is important.

- Replace tabula when you can.

- Get a Lion's Roar, or at least a Sulphur Flask with Knockback instead of the bismuth flask. You get lots of damage, and Knockback is SUPER good versus blight encounters.

Don't panic.
bandits for 3.8?
Noob question, dont kill me: Why everyone plays Raider FB when marauder FB are at the top of every ladder of DPS and are more tanky? TY.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Severrin wrote:
How is delving with this build?

Incredibly fun as soon as you have most of the basic gear! You are very fast which makes it easy to check caves, and clearspeed is very strong! :)
I am biased of course so if anyone else has other opinions, please share. :)

I got to lvl 350-360 or something last league, but thats mainly because I didn’t delve that much. At that depth the monsters still died super fast.

Awesome, I haven't tried delve yet with it and was curious. I've got a sort of basic setup right now, wasn't sure if there were any changes recommended just for the degen. Definitely feeling the itch for fossil hunting, haha.
IGN: TsukiZap
"
Karibean12 wrote:
bandits for 3.8?

Alira for bandits.

"
Noob question, dont kill me: Why everyone plays Raider FB when marauder FB are at the top of every ladder of DPS and are more tanky? TY.

Not a noob question. Perfectly valid question.
But topping the DPS list on sites like Poe.ninja doesn't really mean much.
Most people at the top of the list equip shit just to inflate their dps.
They change flasks, jewels, put on abyssus, etc. Stuff they don't actually use when they play, because it's not viable to run around with 3k hp, resists that aren't maxed, and abyssus equipped.
If you look at the one at the top of the list at the end of the league, you'll see he has even removed his movement skill just to be able to add more things that inflate his dps. He has 7 burst skills equipped, that he would have to manually activate.

Also, Poe.ninja - just like in-game tooltip - has a lot of stuff it doesn't take into account.
For example,
rage support doesn't work properly,
things like Lethal Pride doesn't work,
elemental penetration isn't calculated properly,
enemies chilled/frozen (so skills like Hypothermia doesn't work either, since it only does extra damage vs chilled targets)

The list goes on. Sites like Poe.ninja just measures the raw dps output, but doesn't take a lot of conditional parameters into consideration.

However, despite this I was top 3 last league when I had my Shaper-killing gear on. With Rage & hypothermia socketed.

I was even top 21, even when I had
ancestral call equipped (which just flat out lowered my damage)
Rage equipped (not calculated properly)
Hypothermia equipped (not calculated at all)
using Starkonja's instead of abyssus
Tabula Rasa equipped, because I bricked my +maim +T1 crit armour

And probably a bunch of other stuff.

Essentially I was on a 3L, with 16% less damage thanks to Ancestral Call.
And still 21 on the list.

https://poe.ninja/legion/builds?sort=dps&dps=Frost-Blades

DPS aside, I've never actually played any other version of Frost Blades, so I can't speak for how other builds are, but the flow and speed you get from playing Raider and having 9 frenzy charges is awesome. :)

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 10, 2019, 10:58:52 AM
Hey,

first thanks for the really good guide ,

using withering step for refresh elusive buff can be good ?
This might have been asked but, there's just a few pages to go through but - Hypothermia instead of Multistrike if you don't like the way it plays? Viable? Should be right?
Question about UBER ELDER.

You say to swap boots for Kaom's... but what about the gems? what do i do about that? I get rid of what?
What about the Oils, what keynote is the best to take?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info