[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Thanks for this, really extensive, guide.

Still I have one little question, as I'm looking forward playing this as my first blight char, why give up on onslaught in favor of phasing (ascendency changes)?

As all onslaught node have been buffed, at least it looks like, effect replacing duration with good value...
"
Okkuro wrote:
Thanks for this, really extensive, guide.

Still I have one little question, as I'm looking forward playing this as my first blight char, why give up on onslaught in favor of phasing (ascendency changes)?

As all onslaught node have been buffed, at least it looks like, effect replacing duration with good value...

Veil and Chase both have their ups and downs.
Veil has a lot of interesting stuff going for it, mainly defensive, but Chase still does more dps. Ultimately it's up to you wether you prefer chase or veil.

Chase is better than it was last league, and I used it last league, so it's obviously viable.

Don't panic.
"
moepmoep12 wrote:
What's the best way for leveling fast with this build?
It seems to me that leveling with frost blades is rather slow compared to something like storm brand.

Usually I level with frost blades, but that's more out of lazyness I guess. I don't know what the "best" way would be though.
My record with this build was around 5hrs to Act 10 Kitava. In this case I used 2x Ewar's Mirage and stacked ele-dmg on gear (Prismweave, wake of destruction, etc).
You can use facebreaker and stack flat dmg and go with infernal blow/ancestral warchief or smth like that. Works very well.

My fastest A10 Kitava was using a Storm Cloud bow and using rain of arrows and then later Scourge Arrow. That was 4hr 44min.

All of the above are using uniques though.

TLDR, I don't know, but I will use frost blades. ^^

Don't panic.
Looks cool, how would this build perform in HC you Think? is it rippy? :P
why not take "point blank" with frost blade?
"
Drax6661 wrote:
why not take "point blank" with frost blade?

The actual attack does not count as a projectile, and therefore point blank doesn't help single-target dps.

And for clearing point plank is really bad.
To quote a post a few pages back.
"
Fiver wrote:

Point Blank starts lowering your damage after an attack distance of 10. Just to give you an idea of how small of a distance that is:

Each circle represents 5 range.

If Frost Blades melee hit would've counted as a projectile, PB would've been really good for single target, but unfortunately it doesn't count as one.

Don't panic.
"
schultz88 wrote:
Looks cool, how would this build perform in HC you Think? is it rippy? :P

It is way too rippy to play in HC. Don't do that.

As a project at the end of Legion I actually made a HC build for Frost Blades though.
The only reason I made it was to reach lvl 90 HC because I want the achievement.
I am currently lvl 86, so I got 4 more levels to go.

https://pastebin.com/QWpRaEKq

I don't know how well it will perform in high-tier maps etc, because when I started playing it the league was already dead.
No players to trade with and no map drops meant that I only managed to reach like tier 7 maps. :p

I'll get it to 90 at some point, but it'll have to wait for now, since the new league starts soon.

this is me playing it on stream a few days ago.
(also, this was never intended to be a build for anyone else than myself, so if anyone actually decides to play it, you don't get to blame me when it sucks ^^)

Don't panic.
What about new gams :D ?!
Last edited by Enox124 on Sep 5, 2019, 5:27:01 AM
"
Drax6661 wrote:
POB updated 3.8
It's a buff :) and we still do not have the gems up
It's going to be a very good build I think.
225% of MS :)
117 pt -> tree
6M of DPS
5737 life
I deleted the corrupt and enchanting boots and helmets.
I changed 2 x3 nodes and took onslaught.

https://pastebin.com/CngsY8Yh

nice :)
Hi, litlle question, it's with maraketh stone?
I think, need to calc without this, cause really hard make it
No, it is without the jewell of Maraketh.
I am only 4 jewell available at lvl 96.
The 2 viridiant for FB and 2 jewell rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info