[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I would say that at the beginning, it's not the easiest.
In thermal damage it's not great I think, the defense is good and it requires good investment and displacement on the boss.

After the Acts and the first equipment upgrade + Ascendancy it gets really good.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Cromeda wrote:
Sorry, but killing bosses on start locations so hard. What links i need on start to make it comfortable? Interesting only startgame, for rush new league. Thx

You can use things like added cold damage when you are leveling. I usually go with HoI and HoL when I level. Try to get a vaal haste and vaal ancestral warchief early.
You can Also 4Link your ancestral protector for extra damage on bosses.

Unfortunately the single target damage isn’t very impressive in the beginning. When you start mapping and gearing up it will improve pretty fast though.

I would probably take Herald of Purity over Lightning. Should scale a lot better. :-)
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
HoP should scale better.
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
how much do i need to invest to have reliable dmg to do uber elder etc?

For Uber Elder you will need to invest a bit. It's hard to set a number on it, specially now with a lot of positive changes, but around 15~ exalts perhaps? I will try to get a better estimate this league.
I don't know exactly how much I had invested before I even tried him first time, but I did him pretty late. Reason for that was that I never bothered trying to spawn him until week 3 or smth. Got him on the first try though.

Don't panic.
"
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Cromeda wrote:
Sorry, but killing bosses on start locations so hard. What links i need on start to make it comfortable? Interesting only startgame, for rush new league. Thx

You can use things like added cold damage when you are leveling. I usually go with HoI and HoL when I level. Try to get a vaal haste and vaal ancestral warchief early.
You can Also 4Link your ancestral protector for extra damage on bosses.

Unfortunately the single target damage isn’t very impressive in the beginning. When you start mapping and gearing up it will improve pretty fast though.

I would probably take Herald of Purity over Lightning. Should scale a lot better. :-)

"
vayha wrote:
HoP should scale better.

This is probably true.

Don't panic.
------------------------> BIG CHANGES TO THE BUILD IN 3.8! <------------------------

This is a preliminary PoB for 3.8. This is incomplete in so many ways, but it's an outline to use as the league-starter blueprint.
New Raider changes aren't taken into account, new skillgems that we will likely be using (nightblade) haven't been taken into account, keystone on amulets etc.

https://pastebin.com/fUHqbFBL

I have made EXTENSIVE changes to the PoB.
There is a wall of text in the "notes" section right next to "import/export build". That section basically explains the entire PoB.
I have changed names on some items to make it more obvious which category they should belong in.

The default itemset that is shown when you open the PoB is the "Expensive" option. I think it is reasonable to assume that anyone who invests a little time into the build can reach this level.

Summary of major changes to the build:
I have opted to go for Avatar of the Veil instead of Avatar of the Chase.
The passive-tree has been rerouted to make room for more life, at the loss of some DPS.

This PoB will obviously be updated once 3.8 is live and Path of Building is up to date with the changes.

I suggest that you have a look at this Pastebin if you plan on playing the build. It will change a lot but it's a good first draft.

Don't panic.
Hi, I saw that after PoB upgrade DPS dropped a lot by up to 140k on the most expensive configuration. Is this not too much loss in terms of survival? Is the new PoB updated to 3.8 really better than the old one depends on the path of building update?
First i want to thank you for this awesome Guide which i'll definitely try out this season <3

But i've got a little Question:

Which Skill Gem would be best placed in the second Weapon for lvling and vaaling at lvl 20 this season ? (Seasonstart)

Should i go some Frostblade Gems or something more valuable and buy the lvl 21 Frostblade with the currency made?

Thanks in advance :)

"
Enox124 wrote:
Hi, I saw that after PoB upgrade DPS dropped a lot by up to 140k on the most expensive configuration. Is this not too much loss in terms of survival? Is the new PoB updated to 3.8 really better than the old one depends on the path of building update?

I think the loss in damage is worth the trade. The old passive tree is still available as an option in the current PoB, but we're gonna do more damage than what it has now either way, since the raider changes (and other possible changes to the passive tree) aren't taken into account.

Both options are still totally viable.
Same goes for Avatar of the Veil vs Chase.
Dmg vs Survival/QoL on both.

We'll see what happens when everything is out there. The build will change one way or another for sure.

We still don't know what Nightblade does exactly. We are probably going to replace one of the supportgems in the 6L for Nightblade.

Don't panic.
"
SilentBeat wrote:
First i want to thank you for this awesome Guide which i'll definitely try out this season <3

But i've got a little Question:

Which Skill Gem would be best placed in the second Weapon for lvling and vaaling at lvl 20 this season ? (Seasonstart)

Should i go some Frostblade Gems or something more valuable and buy the lvl 21 Frostblade with the currency made?

Thanks in advance :)

I am personally going to put some combination of Frost Blades / EDWAS / Hypothermia. This way I give myself a few extra shots at 21/20, and EDWAS/Hypothermia are also used in a lot of other builds, so they can be sold.

In terms of which gem would give the most profit, I have no idea. I would look at the popular Assassin builds, because I bet there's going to be a lot of Assassin's this league.
But I really don't know.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info