[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Is Multistrike still that stupidly designed that it´ll cancel itself from the oh so great animation canceling after the second attack if you hold the attack button?

Well I don't know fully about multistrike. I haven't experienced problems with it myself, but I also haven't seen anything about a fix. Since they are changing it in 3.8 lets hope that all those troubles are gone.

"
And on another node: You surely read those threads here and on reddit about the raider changes. The ultimate opinion of 90% of the people here and there is, that raider wasnt that great ascendancy to begin with and it only got buffs in those sections it wouldnt need any, mostly evasion and movementspeed, cause you can already easily reach 95% evade cap and now you can achieve it with almost no effort after those changes.

I disagree with the opinion on raider being a bad ascendancy. Just because it hasn't been buffed in a while, and other ascendancies have gotten better, that doesn't necessary make Raider bad. I think the coming changes are going to be really nice. The 8% dmg per frenzy charge is really neat considering I have 9 frenzy charges.

"
Frenzys and Onslaught are also mediocre at best, cause there are already plenty of sources in the game that gives you both and the +%-buffs of raider are not needed.

I really disagree with that statement. From my 9 frenzy charges I have 100% uptime on 90% movement speed, 117% increased damage, 72% increased evasion, 45% attack speed, 19% dodge, etc.
And then the 36% more damage and 36% increased attack speed from the base bonus on top of that (I'm probably forgetting something as well).

Raider isn't the best ascendancy. But for the build I'm playing, that is heavily focused around frenzy charges, I don't think there is a better option than Raider. For Frost Blades in general, sure.
And the Onslaught is by no means "mediocre". 130% increased onslaught effect is a big deal. And yeah, you can get max evasion other ways, but it would require a much bigger investment, and if you have certain build-enabling uniques, that might prove a problem.
Avatar of the Veil is also incredibly strong now. Having 100% uptime on phasing and elemental ailment immunity is really good. You now also get some elemental penetration on top of that, and the extra dodge is also a nice little bonus.

"

So, the conclusion is, that raider still remains as a "generic" ascendancy without anything that you could not get elsewhere and that any other ascendancy is better at everything the raider provides and that the recent changes, even the 130% onslaught buff effect, which is the "greatest" change on the tree, are technically negligible.

What Raider lacks that other ascendancies have is a unique mechanic of some sort. But it is by no means "generic". And like I said earlier. Yeah, you "can get" the stuff from other places. But without investing in specific items you're not gonna have 100% uptime on frenzy charges. And investing in specific items can limit the potential of a build.

"
...any other ascendancy is better at everything the raider provides

That's just straight up wrong. No other ascendancy scales as well on frenzy charges, and has as good synergy around them as raider does.

"
Berserker/Slayer/Assassin/Deadeye/Inqusitor = more dmg
Pathfinder/Assassin = more poison scaling
Pathfinder/Slayer/Assassin(3.8)/Champion/Gladiator = more defense

Just want to know what you think about that topic, cause you always say raider got even better, but after some pages here and on reddit i can saftly say that you are pretty alone with that opinion.

All ascendancies provide different downsides and upsides. Damage-wise I don't think Raider lacks any. At some point extra damage becomes redundant. It doesn't matter if I have 10 million dps or 20. Stuff dies fast anyway.

But all else aside, Raider is just really fun to play. Until you try it, you have no idea how good it feels moving around with the speed you get from 9 frenzy charges.

I think the changes are nice though. I just think people have a tendency to complain a lot more than is warranted.

Honestly though. In the end, I just like the Raider ascendancy. Always have done. Also, this build was made over a year ago, so a lot has changed since then. At that point, other ascendancies weren't necessarily better than raider. (And I don't think they are now either.)

If you look at the videos and like the playstyle it might be worth looking into the build.
If you don't, then that's fine, and it's probably a better idea to search elsewhere than to risk playing something you won't like.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 2, 2019, 9:20:53 PM
hi 5er

im planning lvling with claw+shield since begining and rush to art of the gladiator then travel to soul raker cluster+claws of the falcon.

or

just pick defenses first + 2x Ewars

what do you think about it? im afraid i wont have currency to buy Ewars ~.~
Just wanted to thank you for your long post above. Was very informative and upbeat.
Sorry, but killing bosses on start locations so hard. What links i need on start to make it comfortable? Interesting only startgame, for rush new league. Thx
"
jabeleta wrote:
hi 5er

im planning lvling with claw+shield since begining and rush to art of the gladiator then travel to soul raker cluster+claws of the falcon.

or

just pick defenses first + 2x Ewars

what do you think about it? im afraid i wont have currency to buy Ewars ~.~

Well it is totally viable to level with claws, of course! One thing that makes Ewar’s really good though, is that you don’t need to change your weapons between level 26-62+. You will need to do that if you use claws. But to begin with, I will do the same. I might dualwield while leveling though.

Don't panic.
"
jjmccaw wrote:
Just wanted to thank you for your long post above. Was very informative and upbeat.

I’m glad my walls of text can be helpful lol.

Don't panic.
"
Cromeda wrote:
Sorry, but killing bosses on start locations so hard. What links i need on start to make it comfortable? Interesting only startgame, for rush new league. Thx

You can use things like added cold damage when you are leveling. I usually go with HoI and HoL when I level. Try to get a vaal haste and vaal ancestral warchief early.
You can Also 4Link your ancestral protector for extra damage on bosses.

Unfortunately the single target damage isn’t very impressive in the beginning. When you start mapping and gearing up it will improve pretty fast though.

Edit: Mean't HoT (herald of thunder), not HoL.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 3, 2019, 10:23:29 AM
How is this as league starter?
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
How is this as league starter?

It worked fine for me this league. You don’t need much for it to be effective in maps.

Don't panic.
how much do i need to invest to have reliable dmg to do uber elder etc?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info