[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Drax6661 wrote:
it's leak , but , maybe

https://imgur.com/a/dPfphUu

I've made a summary and some simulations on my discord channel to try to decide which option is better now. I think I might actually be going with Avatar of the Veil to start with.
These are huge buffs tbh.

Don't panic.
I am online and streaming for the next couple of hours. Join me if you need help with anything or just want to hang out. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
I am online and streaming for the next couple of hours. Join me if you need help with anything or just want to hang out. :)

Don't panic.
What would you go for? Avatar of the Vail or Chase?
"
vayha wrote:
What would you go for? Avatar of the Vail or Chase?

Avatar of the Chase still deals more damage (about 30% more than veil), gives more movement speed and evasion.
Avatar of the veil gets the bonus of spelldodge and the elemental ailment immunity though. It's not as big of a difference as it was eaerlier.

I think I'm gonna try veil this league actually. Don't plan on changing the guide right now though. Need to test how it feels first.

But I'm gonna go Veil this league to begin with.

Don't panic.
Some more spam incoming guys! :)

I'll be streaming for the next couple of hours. You know the drill. ;)

Don't panic.
I wouldnt exactly call a ~20ex watchers eye "budget" in your pob. Lvl 100 is also highly unrealistic for any non-masochist player.

If i opt anything out that costs more than ~10c per slot, removing the timeless jewel, cause you certainly wont see or find one that fits you in this league in the first 2 weeks, adjusting skillpoints to something realistic like lvl 90 at best for "budget" gear and adapting the stats to said gear, i barely get 1,5m dps together, minus a loss of leech, resis, stats, hp and whatnot.

So, this build functions, no doubt, just not the way you proclaim it. Or you define "budget" around the ~25-30ex mark in total.
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Lvl 100 is also highly unrealistic for any non-masochist player.

If i opt anything out that costs more than ~10c per slot, removing the timeless jewel, cause you certainly wont see or find one that fits you in this league in the first 2 weeks, adjusting skillpoints to something realistic like lvl 90 at best for "budget" gear and adapting the stats to said gear, i barely get 1,5m dps together, minus a loss of leech, resis, stats, hp and whatnot.

I kinda agree with you - I'm looking to go with Frost Blades as my league starter this time around as I wanna get into mapping quickly and FB has great clear speed from what I've seen. Plus I've always wanted try the skill and haven't got around to it yet.

I was tinkering around in PoB a bit, didn't really account for changes to the Raider ascendancy and came up with this:

Level 92 Frost Blades Raider: https://pastebin.com/BqzUH1td

I picked up more a few more life nodes (166% inc max life), omitted Primeval Force (not sure on this one) and switched the flask setup around to a more defensive option (Quartz Flask and Quicksilver over Atziri's Promise and Overflowing Chalice). I still end up with 1.091 million DPS on the melee hit of Frost Blades and 172k on the blades, all buffs and debuffs applied.

Any suggestions I gladly take, but I think I might try this version out. That is without the Raider buffs of course, I was too lazy to do the math on those.

EDIT: I also didn't add Enlighten (although that is easy to obtain) and/or a 15% reduced mana res shield, as I have no clue how difficult this would be to get. I wanted to have like the absolute bare minimum in terms of gear and see if it still works out. As I have no experience with the skill, I will have to see how it plays out.

EDIT²: I didn't account for the new Multistrike either, it's still the old numbers. Should be even more damage then.

Also, Multistrike is actually the one thing that scares me to play, as I read about the animation cancelling being an absolute PITA to deal with.

EDIT³ cause I'm forgetful: This is by no means diminishing Fiver's work on this guide, which is thorough and nice to read. Thanks mate! I just wanted to go with an absolute minimum of gear and pick up some more life nodes. Of course, this has the advantage that the ACTUAL gear you'll get in game will be better. ^^
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Sep 1, 2019, 11:25:19 PM
What will be better assasin frost blades or raider after the ascendacy changes :p? DPS/solo bosses/all content.
"
deimudda69 wrote:
I wouldnt exactly call a ~20ex watchers eye "budget" in your pob. Lvl 100 is also highly unrealistic for any non-masochist player.

So, this build functions, no doubt, just not the way you proclaim it. Or you define "budget" around the ~25-30ex mark in total.

I have stated before that the reason the watcher's eye is in there is because for some reason it can't be placed in an item set to be moved with the others. I should've added it to the guide though. That is a mistake on my part.
Remove it to reflect the budget version. I just realized I could edit it's name though, to specify that it should be removed if the budget version is selected. I'll do that.

Also, I don't expect anyone to stay on "budget" gear for the entire league. The purpose of that is just to get started. You can easily kill shaper with the budget gear. Even without the lethal pride and watcher's eye.

Also, if you think lvl 100 is unrealistic (which I sort of agree with) then you just adapt the tree. Remove the nodes for primeval force and one of the jewel slots.
But I think it's better to have a finished passive tree than an incomplete one, don't you think? It's nice to have a finished tree for those that actually plan get above lvl 90.
I used this build as leaguestarter last league, and I will do so this league.

Also, I'm not sure what gear you think is expensive, but after removing lethal pride and watcher's eye, and lowering my level to lvl 90, I still get 2.6 million.
I also removed Lion's Roar, because it can be expensive at league start. I also lowered the amount of rage active.

No weird settings in the config tab either.

Passive tree:

If you have suggestions that you think I should change, then please let me know. I do appreciate criticism. :)

EDIT:
I've edited the name of the watcher's eye, so it now says "Watcher's Eye - REMOVE THIS IN BUDGET VERSION".
I also added a text below the PoB link to clarify this, and that you can remove the Lethal Pride as well.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 2, 2019, 1:35:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info