[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Fiver wrote:

The DPS priority on a claw is pretty much what you said.
Every claw should have Added phys, Increased phys, Attack speed, and critical strike chance.
The last prefix should preferably the crafted mod "Attacks with this weapon penetrate 14-16% elemental resistance", unless you get a T1 added cold damage.

Get a decent claw and then upgrade. You'll have to settle for what you can in the meantime.
Bloodseeker has about 265Pdps, but I don't think it's worth replacing unless you get at least 350Pdps. I seriously love that claw, despite the low dps.
A 'good' claw has over 400Pdps. A 'great' claw has 420+.
Mine has 452 and elemental penetration, but that's not something you should aim for until you're super wealthy, or have currency to craft stuff.

You should not craft on an iLvl 84 claw. Always use an iLvl 83 base. Not using an elder/shaper base, and using alteration spam is the correct method. If you use elder/shaper claws, you just make it harder for yourself to hit the right mods.
If you want to learn how to craft claws/foils, you can check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHG1608oSc8. It is a very thorough video I made about weaponcrafting (even though there are some things left out). There's a timeline in the description so you can skip back and forth if you are impatient. :)
I plan on making another one in the future which includes more advanced metacrafting and beastcrafting.
But that's only something you do if you have 50+ Ex to waste.

Got it. Saw the video, got some good pointers.

Looking forward to that other video, even though I don't have 50ex to waste :D
thanks for all the tips :)
for the gems, yeah, those are just the gems i started with, havent looked into buying higher. The Mark of the Elder is already sitting in my storage, just need to level for a bit. and for the armor, yeah, that was just something i bought for a bit above a divine cause i wanted a 6l, i really dont have the currency for a normal non-corrupted 6l with the offcolours. The flasks, yeah, that could be possible, but as i said, im only sitting at around 65c right now, cause i didnt play for long enough to really know how to get much money
Started to play this build yesterday , didn't play frostblade in a long time
I just crafted

I got the flaring and i regaled the attack speed and i didn't even spend a lot of alteration
Last edited by ghostsamus on Aug 1, 2019, 4:19:56 PM
"
ghostsamus wrote:
I just crafted

I got the flaring and i regaled the attack speed and i didn't even spend a lot of alteration

Consider yourself lucky. I crafted exactly the same claw and it took me around 11 ex to get there. But it's absolutely worth it. 430+ pdps with elemental penetration is crazy good.
"
ghostsamus wrote:
I just crafted

If you divine it a couple of times, maybe you can beat mine. ;)))

452 PDPS and Elemental Penetration. I'm happy about that one.

Seriously though, great job on the claw!

Don't panic.
GUIDE UPDATED

I have made EXTENSIVE changes to the original Path of Building blueprint. If you are playing the build, I strongly suggest that you check out the latest Path of Building link: https://pastebin.com/3QWT1R8v

I have added 4 different sets of gear, depending on what budget you may have.

For some reason the jewels don't want to swap around, so even the budget version has a watcher's eye in it. You'll have to excuse that. Seems I can't change it for some reason.
I have also decided against using Abyssus in any of the versions.
So in a fight versus shaper, where you actually use abyssus, the damage would be significantly higher for each version.

Also, please note that the investment costs are based on current prices, and will likely change the next league. We will have to see if that’s a good or bad thing.

"
The budget version requires an investment of around 2 exalts. You can probably get it cheaper. Without the watcher's eye it lands on around 4.2 million Shaper DPS.

"
The cheap version requires an investment of 6 or more exalts. The expensive items would be The Pandemonius and Watcher's Eye.
It lands on around 6.4 million shaper DPS.

"
The Expensive version requires an investment of 15 or more exalts. The things that cost are:
A fairly easily crafted claw for a crafting cost of 6+ Exalts.
Curse on hit ring for a crafting cost of 3-4 exalts.
The Pandemonius. Costs 2-3 exalts to buy.
Watcher's Eye. The critical strike version costs around 4-5 exalts. The other versions are cheaper.
Body armour with Maim or Crit. If you are lucky, you can craft one fairly easily with Serrated Fossils and Pristine Fossils. I've made a video guide on how you do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA
Otherwise you can buy them for around 9 exalts (fully linked).

This version lands on around 8.5 million shaper dps.

"
The very expensive Version requires an investment of at least 25 exalts.

The expensive items are:
A well crafted claw. Crafting a claw like this is very likely to involve a heavy investment. When you're crafting stuff it's impossible to know in advance how much you need to invest. You can craft a claw like this in less than 7 exalts if you are lucky, or you can spend 15.
Buying one of these claws is easily 12 exalts or more.
Curse on hit ring for a crafting cost of 3-4 exalts.
The Pandemonius. Costs 2-3 exalts to buy.
Watcher's Eye. 4+ exalts.
Body armour with Maim AND Crit. If you are lucky, you can craft one fairly easily with Serrated Fossils and Pristine Fossils. I've made a video guide on how you do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA
Otherwise you can buy them for around 20+ exalts.

The Shaper DPS with gear like this can easily get above 10 million. I am currently at 10 million with Starkonja's on my current character, and 15 million with Abyssus.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 1, 2019, 5:45:37 PM
Hello Fiver, realy great build i enjoy it very much.

Could you tell me how to colour the sockets, i could not find that in the POB.

And would you choose a 7link body armor over a 60crit/50more elemetal damage loreweave ?
"
Infertigo wrote:
Hello Fiver, realy great build i enjoy it very much.

Could you tell me how to colour the sockets, i could not find that in the POB.

And would you choose a 7link body armor over a 60crit/50more elemetal damage loreweave ?

We're using
Frost blades - EDWAS - Multistrike - Hypothermia - Rage - Ancestral call/Ruthless
We want
R-R-R-R-G-G

The only good way to get the colours right on a full evasion armour is to use the 3R crafting recipe. It costs 120 chromatic orbs every attempt.
If you are lucky you get it on the first try, if you are unlucky you may end up spending 1000+ chromatics. I think I spent 600 on the one I'm wearing now. The one I wore before this one, I got on the first try.
There's no better way though.

Depends on what you mean by a 7-link. I am currently using
which gives me almost 560k more than a perfect Loreweave would.
Even if it just had maim on it, it wouldn't give that much less damage than a perfect Loreweave.
And we're talking perfect here. 10-36, 60%, 50%.

On top of that, my body armour also gives me almost 300 more life than a perfect Loreweave.

And most important. Loreweave has no evasion on it. That's a big deal.

Short answer: Yes, probably.

Don't panic.
Hey,
G8 Build as far .im playing on xbox with it can u Tell me what could change to improve gameplay ?
Open profil gt kazakwwy
Char name boomboompl
Thanks fiver.

And yes the chest you have is 7 link since it has maim +the 6 other gems makes 7.

But the colouring of the gloves since thats a corrupted item?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info