[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
demonoi wrote:

Im wondering if I should stick with this one that I have from some other old character as it seems to show some nice stats in POB or is it better to go for Pandemonius anyway?(chilling, blind etc)

That amulet is better than a Pandemonius in terms of damage. If you feel like you don't need the extra survivability that you get from blinding chilled targets, you should definitely use it!

Don't panic.
Looking forward to trying this looks better then other FB builds i have seen plus never played raider before,Just wondering you have 2 POBS your personal one and a levelling item one as just started do i stick with the normal POB and link set up or go for yours as i notice u have Fortify now and other POB doesnt
Last edited by Bezmageddon on Aug 3, 2019, 5:10:47 PM
Hello Fiver, first of all thanks for making this build. I'm not an expert player but this is the most fun build I've ever played.

I want to ask a question. Yesterday I was going to craft my body armor, but I got a Headhunter drop out of nowhere. I'm mostly farming maps, so Headhunter makes this really really faster. Now what kind of body armor should I use? An armor with 130+ health, gems supported by level # maim etc. or would you suggest another one?

I've got 62% fire res, 59% cold res and 90% lightning resistance with my current items.
"
IkedaAsaemon wrote:
Hello Fiver, first of all thanks for making this build. I'm not an expert player but this is the most fun build I've ever played.

I want to ask a question. Yesterday I was going to craft my body armor, but I got a Headhunter drop out of nowhere. I'm mostly farming maps, so Headhunter makes this really really faster. Now what kind of body armor should I use? An armor with 130+ health, gems supported by level # maim etc. or would you suggest another one?

I've got 62% fire res, 59% cold res and 90% lightning resistance with my current items.

High health roll, gems supported by lvl 1 maim, T1 CRIT + Resists since you need them
If you plan on using HH then i suggest getting a better shaped ring with the resists you need(you can sacrifice a little dps since youve already got HH) since crafting them on an armor with the T1 rolls can get pretty expensive(using the crafting bench is still an option)
also, getting ancestral call instead of ice bite will increase your clearspeed by A LOT
Hi, I'm enjoying your build very much and appreciate all kind of your works, includes those videos which are very helpful but there something stuck in my head so I have some newbie questions for you.

-Since this build scale a lot on movement speed via boots and ascendency, I wonder what I should use as my movement skill between shield charge and whirling blades. (shield charge scale the speed by movement speed that why I'm curious and asking about this)

-I'm planning on using the Cast on Crit set up with movement skill [MovementS + CoC +Frostbomb + Fortify]. In order to automatically cast the Frostbomb cuz I have problem with self-casting Frostbomb which is annoying me. With this set up will it gonna works? *If so what skill should I go for this set up between shield charge and whirling blades.

*Thank you, all answers are much appreciated

Ps. If you don't understand my words please let me know so I can explain to you and also improve my self, I'm not good in English but I want to try to communicate with you guys.
Last edited by boss11041 on Aug 5, 2019, 2:57:19 AM
Oi Fiver,

Been playing this build for the past week now and I'm at the point where I've got all gear min-maxed out. Only thing I'm lacking currently is a solution for curses, ignites and poisons, as non of your flask setup provides immunity for those.

Should I eg. perhaps switch flasks for curse maps or is there some other viable way to confront them? Trying to reduce the effectiveness of those ailments by pantheons or so?

PS. This might already been answered but I cba to browse through all 120 pages of this thread. :d

Thanks in advance, excellent work with the guide and PoB etc. Very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chronix
"
Bezmageddon wrote:
Looking forward to trying this looks better then other FB builds i have seen plus never played raider before,Just wondering you have 2 POBS your personal one and a levelling item one as just started do i stick with the normal POB and link set up or go for yours as i notice u have Fortify now and other POB doesnt

If I have fortify in my setup, there's something wrong.
It should be FB - Multi - Hypo - Rage - Edwas - Ruthles/AC

Fortify should be linked to whirling blades.

You can do either way you want. But if you follow the one that has my current character, please note that I have very good gear, and I am also level 100. Getting that high damage is only possible with a huge investment.
I would suggest following the other PoB and use the one that best fits your budget to begin with. When you feel that you've reached a point where you can move forward, switch to next tier.

Don't panic.
"
boss11041 wrote:
Hi, I'm enjoying your build very much and appreciate all kind of your works, includes those videos which are very helpful but there something stuck in my head so I have some newbie questions for you.

-Since this build scale a lot on movement speed via boots and ascendency, I wonder what I should use as my movement skill between shield charge and whirling blades. (shield charge scale the speed by movement speed that why I'm curious and asking about this)

-I'm planning on using the Cast on Crit set up with movement skill [MovementS + CoC +Frostbomb + Fortify]. In order to automatically cast the Frostbomb cuz I have problem with self-casting Frostbomb which is annoying me. With this set up will it gonna works? *If so what skill should I go for this set up between shield charge and whirling blades.

*Thank you, all answers are much appreciated

Ps. If you don't understand my words please let me know so I can explain to you and also improve my self, I'm not good in English but I want to try to communicate with you guys.

Going shield charge vs whirling blades is more a question of preference really. I personally don't like shield charge because you tend to get stuck on things.

The CoC setup is actually a really good idea! It would require one extra skill-gem, but I'm sure that one can be fitted in somehow.
Excellent idea! I need to try that myself. If the WB/SC can crit reliably that would be a very good way to apply frost bomb while at the same time keeping fortify up.
Same thing here really with what skill. Go with whatever you prefer. Shield Charge can get pretty good AoE, but it's probably only really needed on bosses anyway. In which case whirling blades would be enough.

Don't panic.
"
Oi Fiver,

Been playing this build for the past week now and I'm at the point where I've got all gear min-maxed out. Only thing I'm lacking currently is a solution for curses, ignites and poisons, as non of your flask setup provides immunity for those.

Should I eg. perhaps switch flasks for curse maps or is there some other viable way to confront them? Trying to reduce the effectiveness of those ailments by pantheons or so?

PS. This might already been answered but I cba to browse through all 120 pages of this thread. :d

Thanks in advance, excellent work with the guide and PoB etc. Very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chronix

This has been answered previously, but it's not mentioned in the guide and people can't be expected to read through every page of the threa, obviously. I should probably add it to the FAQ.

I don't actually have a setup for it. It's just something that I don't consider a big enough problem to warrant a flask for.
Against certain encounters I sometimes switch one of the life/diamond flasks for something that can get rid of ignite/shock/curse/poison or whatever. Like, eradicator or enslaver.
Now I usually just leech through whatever damage is inflicted on me.

I just really haven't bothering fixing a good setup for it. Since this isn't a hardcore build, the risk of dying from something like that is not a big deal to me (it's also a very rare thing to happen).
You could always replace one of the other flasks if you feel that you can work without it, but it would be a big DPS loss.

Reducing them with pantheons is always an option.

Don't panic.
Hey Fiver! Thanks for the awesome detailed guide, man. I just started leveling this yesterday, and, having acquired around 30 ex from my previous Cyclone build, I'm ready for something more powerful.

Quick question. I couldn't find any new videos of someone clearing the map with your build, so do you think you'll be able to post a small clip? I'm just worried how it will feel with Legion farming if I choose to do so (without HH).

Or maybe you have an advice on some gem swap? Like Ancestral Call in place of some other gem?

P.S. If someone else can post a video on map clear, would be great too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info