[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

i try my best, when i read a bit here. Actually im not that active too, sadly..but if we both are "sometimes" here, we can answer all questions people got ;) Thank you too! And btw, we still need to do 5way iirc :D
"
Fiver wrote:
"
xgun wrote:
I die a lot in some hard content and high tier map.
Can someone check my gear? I dont know what to do now.

You have your CWDT setup on max level. I strongly suggest you only use a lvl 1 CWDT and a lvl 3 Immortal Call.
At lvl 20, CWDT only proccs when you've taken a total of 3272 damage.
At lvl 1 it proccs from 528.
You get about 10% extra damage reduction from a lvl 20 Immortal call versus a lvl 3, but generally using a lower level one is worth the lower reduction, since it will procc more often than a higher lvl one.

something to add - you can run an higher cwdt but replace Immortal Call with Steelskin. Immortal Call is more likley to reduce your get 1 shot chance, steelskin for more survivabilty on a long track. all depending on your current gear/playstyle.
Last edited by MasterIJ on Jul 29, 2019, 6:14:53 PM
"
Fiver wrote:
Guide Updated

2019-07-28:
- Added Vaal Ancestral Warchief to the DMG boost section.

hah, got you! :P You getting closer to my build :D
Hi :)

Been following your guide for a week+ now, trying to get better equipment and having fun with it. Just bought Pandemonius a day ago and I think it got my dmg to the next lvl. Breezing through corrupted tier 15 maps. Slowly working towards my first shaper/elder ever.

Using Belly of the Beast, cause I got an almost perfect roll with my other character, and I think it's more life than a 100 max life, 10% max life rare chest? Plus resistances. And I don't have a lot of currency to buy top elite mega uber best rare chest.

Have some questions. I've been using added cold damage gem instead of hypothermia, numbers in game say that I have more dmg that way. Is cold damage better than hypothermia?

Was also wondering about my rare ring. Is it good? Is it worth crafting a 'can roll multiple mods'? How many mods can I fit there? :D Don't really know how many suffixes/prefixes can fit on a ring. This PoE is hard.

And good claws are expensive, so using bloodseekers. They are really good for their price, they served me well, but I think the next upgrade will have to be the claws (as soon as I farm exalts).

And also, I'm dual wielding. I think the damage is almost double compared to claw + shield? :/

Anyways, thanks for the guide and any advice is welcome :)
Last edited by enkii on Jul 29, 2019, 6:47:34 PM
"
unignore wrote:
Fiver, have you considered using Enhance Support? If we use a level 4 Enhance on Blood Rage and Berserk it adds 6% attack speed and 24% attack damage. That increases our burst damage but doesn't require another active skill.

Check my helmet setup:

actually i run it on a 4l with HoI+Bloodrage + Vaal Ancestral Warchief instead of Berserk, because i use berserk mostly on hard bosses and i spam Vaal Warchief more often. If you have place to run Bloodrage with Enhance, you should do it. If not, it depends on your trade-off overall.

"
enkii wrote:
Hi :)

Been following your guide for a week+ now, trying to get better equipment and having fun with it. Just bought Pandemonius a day ago and I think it got my dmg to the next lvl. Breezing through corrupted tier 15 maps. Slowly working towards my first shaper/elder ever.

Using Belly of the Beast, cause I got an almost perfect roll with my other character, and I think it's more life than a 100 max life, 10% max life rare chest? Plus resistances. And I don't have a lot of currency to buy top elite mega uber best rare chest.

Yeah, belly gives you more life, but it also has very bad evasion rating. Remember that the biggest part of our survivability is our evade chance, so that is extremely important. If belly works for you, go with that for now, but getting a decent rare armour with high health and evasion isn't expensive either.
http://poe.trade/search/urimotoheyakat

"
I've been using added cold damage gem instead of hypothermia, numbers in game say that I have more dmg that way. Is cold damage better than hypothermia?

No, Added Cold Damage isn't better than Hypothermia. The ingame tooltip doesn't take a lot of stuff into account. Don't rely on it to accurately measure your dps. It's a lot better to use Path of Building to do that.

"
Was also wondering about my rare ring. Is it good? Is it worth crafting a 'can roll multiple mods'? How many mods can I fit there? :D Don't really know how many suffixes/prefixes can fit on a ring. This PoE is hard.

And good claws are expensive, so using bloodseekers. They are really good for their price, they served me well, but I think the next upgrade will have to be the claws (as soon as I farm exalts).

I can't see your characters because you have some of your privacy settings checked. (like hide character tab etc.) All the boxes in the "privacy settings" section in your profile should be unchecked. I'll have a look after you changed that. :)

"
And also, I'm dual wielding. I think the damage is almost double compared to claw + shield? :/

Anyways, thanks for the guide and any advice is welcome :)

The damage is higher if you dual-wield, that is correct. But again, this build relies a lot on our evasion. The shield is one of our major sources for life/resists/evasion.
At a certain point, there's only so much dps that you need.
There are also crafting recipes you can use on the shield to give you more damage (Like 5% chance to deal double damage).
It's also possible to get 15% reduced mana reservation from socketed gems, which would allow you to skip Enlighten, and if you socket Hatred, HoI, and Precision in it you can have a higher level Precision, and free up a gem slot previously used for the Enlighten.

Let me know when you've set your profile in such a way that I can view your characters, and I can give you more specific help. :)

Don't panic.
Damn, I even checked yesterday if I unchecked all of the boxes. Seems that I didn't. I did now.

Thanks for reply, will change added cold dmg for hypothermia.

I bought a rare claw yesterday for 50c which is basically a 6 link (wasn't searching for support mods, this one had highest dps among those which cost less than 1ex). I was thinking about putting vaal double strike in it + some support dmg gems? And I would still have berserk, vaal haste, ancestral protector (and flame dash) in my gloves, when I get +1 frenzy with correct socket colors.

I'll look into changing belly for decent rare armor, and switching to claw + shield to compensate for the loss of life. I have 4.9k life atm, I think that's low?

Guide Updated

2019-07-31:
- Added a video-tutorial on how to craft a good body armour with fossils.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA

Just uploaded a version with better audio. It may need a few minutes before it can be viewed in full resolution.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 30, 2019, 11:48:57 PM
"
enkii wrote:
Damn, I even checked yesterday if I unchecked all of the boxes. Seems that I didn't. I did now.

Thanks for reply, will change added cold dmg for hypothermia.

I bought a rare claw yesterday for 50c which is basically a 6 link (wasn't searching for support mods, this one had highest dps among those which cost less than 1ex). I was thinking about putting vaal double strike in it + some support dmg gems? And I would still have berserk, vaal haste, ancestral protector (and flame dash) in my gloves, when I get +1 frenzy with correct socket colors.

I'll look into changing belly for decent rare armor, and switching to claw + shield to compensate for the loss of life. I have 4.9k life atm, I think that's low?

I would try to find another claw.
The claw you have now has rather low physical dps, and it has no critical strike chance on it. And you don't really gain anything from using Vaal Double Strike. You do more singletarget with Frost Blades with ruthless in it.

The ring you have is nice. Assuming you get rid of the life roll and multimod it, you would have room for 1 more suffix and 1 more prefix, since the multimod itself would take up 1 suffix slot.
I don't think I would multimod it though.
An Assassin's Mark ring would give you more damage right now, since you don't have any other curse setup. If you added an assassins mark curse setup in your skillgems, your ring would deal more damage, but personally I don't think it's worth it.
The net-dps from having 100% uptime on curses from an AM-ring is probably better (specially when you're clearing maps, in which case you also have power charges up all the time).

Regarding your skillgems. I notice you don't have a Frost Bomb. You should get one. It's a very good DPS boost since it reduces the enemies cold resistance.
You could also get a Vaal Ancestral Warchief. It's also an insane DPS-boost since you can have it out at the same time as ancestral protector even though they are both totems.
Having all these DPS-burst skillgems can be annoying at times, since you only have so many slots in your action bar, but all of these fit. If you find it troublesome to manually activate them for burst damage, you can have frost bomb on CWDT.

Your main issue in terms of itemization is the low evasion. I would really consider getting a shield. If you were to get a shield, the DPS loss would be well worth the trade-off. If you just added something like 5% double damage from the crafting bench (prefix), it wouldn't even be that major.

A new claw is probably a good idea, as mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if I have any left-over claws right now, but I try to craft some every now and then and give away. I can try to hook you up with one if you contact me in game (if I have enough currency to make one). :)

Don't panic.
Hi i was wondering if someone can check out my character i feel like my gear is pretty good but dps feels very low and survivability is meh Im running out of currency so any help would be appreciated thanks :)
Last edited by Nodnarbz on Jul 31, 2019, 10:49:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info