[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Nodnarbz wrote:
Hi i was wondering if someone can check out my character i feel like my gear is pretty good but dps feels very low and survivability is meh Im running out of currency so any help would be appreciated thanks :)

Ok, so a couple of things. I notice you haven't taken Assassination in the passive tree. You should get that one asap. It's a lot of damage.
After that, try to get all the remaining life nodes, because your life is very low.
I'm assuming you have taken soul thief because your lethal pride gives you something there. Otherwise you shouldn't have it.

You also don't have any of the burst skills!
Get Ancestral protector, berserk, Vaal haste, Frost bomb, and if you can fit it, ancestral warchief.
That's like 2 million dps in your case.

You should also get a Lion's Roar. It's not expensive and the "more melee damage" modifier is incredibly OP. That 20-25% is added AFTER all the other calculations to your damage.

You are right about your gear otherwise. You have pretty good stuff. I would consider looking for (or crafting) a body armour that has maim/crit or both. I just made a video about how you craft one.
Those can be expensive though, so that's maybe something for the future.

These changes would be a huge step to improving your damage.

Don't panic.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the detailed explanation one last question would a lore weave be best in slot or a rare chest with maim and crit evasion? thanks again
Thanks man!

I appreciate the offer for a claw, but I'd prefer getting it in exchange for my hard earned currency :D Your advices are more than enough of a help.

There really is a lot of buttons to press, will link frost bomb with CWDT, like you said. Will see how it goes. Also will try to experiment with ancestral warchief when I get a free link.

Can you tell me what are priorities regarding claw mods? Increased phys dmg, att speed, added phys dmg, crit chance, cold dmg? Or should I only look at dps of a claw? If so, what dps should it have? I'm asking cause I have 3 ex budget currently available, and I can't afford claws that have all of those mods. Plus a shield, plus a decent body armor. Oh and a assassins mark ring..
I think I will go for a good claw, then assassins mark ring, then a shield, then armor for last. Or maybe some chest drops me a mirror and I get to buy all of those at once :D

Forgot to say that I'm also trying to craft a good claw. I'm using imperial claw ilvl 84. That's a good craft base, right? It's not elder/shaped. And I'm going with alteration spam method (not fossils), is that a good method for crafting a claw?

Last edited by enkii on Jul 31, 2019, 7:40:21 PM
"
Nodnarbz wrote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the detailed explanation one last question would a lore weave be best in slot or a rare chest with maim and crit evasion? thanks again

A body armour with crit and maim is a lot better than loreweave. I would lose about 560k DPS from equipping a perfect loreweave.

Don't panic.
"
enkii wrote:
Thanks man!

I appreciate the offer for a claw, but I'd prefer getting it in exchange for my hard earned currency :D Your advices are more than enough of a help.

There really is a lot of buttons to press, will link frost bomb with CWDT, like you said. Will see how it goes. Also will try to experiment with ancestral warchief when I get a free link.

Can you tell me what are priorities regarding claw mods? Increased phys dmg, att speed, added phys dmg, crit chance, cold dmg? Or should I only look at dps of a claw? If so, what dps should it have? I'm asking cause I have 3 ex budget currently available, and I can't afford claws that have all of those mods. Plus a shield, plus a decent body armor. Oh and a assassins mark ring..
I think I will go for a good claw, then assassins mark ring, then a shield, then armor for last. Or maybe some chest drops me a mirror and I get to buy all of those at once :D

Forgot to say that I'm also trying to craft a good claw. I'm using imperial claw ilvl 84. That's a good craft base, right? It's not elder/shaped. And I'm going with alteration spam method (not fossils), is that a good method for crafting a claw?

The DPS priority on a claw is pretty much what you said.
Every claw should have Added phys, Increased phys, Attack speed, and critical strike chance.
The last prefix should preferably the crafted mod "Attacks with this weapon penetrate 14-16% elemental resistance", unless you get a T1 added cold damage.

Get a decent claw and then upgrade. You'll have to settle for what you can in the meantime.
Bloodseeker has about 265Pdps, but I don't think it's worth replacing unless you get at least 350Pdps. I seriously love that claw, despite the low dps.
A 'good' claw has over 400Pdps. A 'great' claw has 420+.
Mine has 452 and elemental penetration, but that's not something you should aim for until you're super wealthy, or have currency to craft stuff.

You should not craft on an iLvl 84 claw. Always use an iLvl 83 base. Not using an elder/shaper base, and using alteration spam is the correct method. If you use elder/shaper claws, you just make it harder for yourself to hit the right mods.
If you want to learn how to craft claws/foils, you can check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHG1608oSc8. It is a very thorough video I made about weaponcrafting (even though there are some things left out). There's a timeline in the description so you can skip back and forth if you are impatient. :)
I plan on making another one in the future which includes more advanced metacrafting and beastcrafting.
But that's only something you do if you have 50+ Ex to waste.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 1, 2019, 10:10:41 AM
Hey,

I have been playing your build for a little while now and currently using a Belly but wanting to switch it out ofc. I am wondering what are the pro's and con's of using a Queen of the Forest vs. a rare chest?

Thanks! :)
"
bjornborg wrote:
Hey,

I have been playing your build for a little while now and currently using a Belly but wanting to switch it out ofc. I am wondering what are the pro's and con's of using a Queen of the Forest vs. a rare chest?

Thanks! :)

Well you get a little movespeed from it, but not anything worth noting. It has very good evasion though, and if you get a good roll you get resists.
You won't get anywhere near as high life as you will get from a decent rare body armour though, and you won't get any damage from it.
An armour with 120+ max life and 10%+ increased max life isn't that expensive tbh.
And it's not that difficult to craft one either. Check my newest youtube video if you want to see how it's done. In the video I'm crafting an armour with maim+crit as well, but if you only want defensive stats, you can just as well use a pristine fossil together with some elemental fossils for life and resists.

Don't panic.
Guide updated!

2019-08-01:
- Updated current gear and PoB link. 14M+ dps now.

https://pastebin.com/4DANtqiW

Don't panic.
Hey, I just started this league a bit ago with your build, but im just stuck currently. Im already struggling with the lower tier maps, so i was wondering if you could maybe take a look at my gear/skills if i did something wrong or if im just bad. This is only my second league, so well, i dont really have that much of a clue what im doing. I just now managed to get a bit of money through a lucky drop and get a cheap 6-link and the +1 frenzy tombfists (got them for 5c, i honestly dont know how...), but it somehow still feels wrong, and i struggle with every boss above t4.
Id be happy about every tip i could get, thanks in advance
"
tiemo42 wrote:
Hey, I just started this league a bit ago with your build, but im just stuck currently. Im already struggling with the lower tier maps, so i was wondering if you could maybe take a look at my gear/skills if i did something wrong or if im just bad. This is only my second league, so well, i dont really have that much of a clue what im doing. I just now managed to get a bit of money through a lucky drop and get a cheap 6-link and the +1 frenzy tombfists (got them for 5c, i honestly dont know how...), but it somehow still feels wrong, and i struggle with every boss above t4.
Id be happy about every tip i could get, thanks in advance

I'll have a look. If you are still on, you can come in on my stream and I can go through your PoB with you live. Otherwise, I'll update here when I've looked over it. :)

Edit:

Ok, so I've looked over your build a bit.

Skillgems:
I noticed that you don't have an Ancestral Protector. You should get one of those. It gives you attack speed as long as it's active. You can also get a Vaal Ancestral Warchief, which gives you damage. I totally realize that it can be annoying to have 4-5 different buffs to activate for burst damage, but you should at least get an Ancestral Protector.

You need to get your Frost Blades and it's support gems to level 20, and preferably get 20 quality on them all. It makes a big difference in damage.
I assume that you already know that you should swap between Ruthless and Ancestral call on bosses, but I'll mention it anyway. It's easy to miss, but makes a huge difference in singletarget dps.

There's not much else to comment on, regarding your skillgems.

Passive tree
I would decide against getting Forces of Nature at this point. Command of the elements or Primeval force are both better choices.
In fact, I would advice against getting it at all. I know I have it set in the PoB, so I should change that, but instead of Heart of Oak and Forces of Nature I have decided to get Disciple of Slaughter. It's a great node not only for damage, but also defensively and a bit of QoL stuff.

You should get your last ascendancy points asap. If you need help with the labyrinth, try to get someone to help you (I would normally do it, but atm I'm trying to get to lvl 100 and don't want to risk dying to something stupid).
If you still haven't found all the trials, you can join /global 820. Usually people share stuff like that when they find them.

Items:
You need to get flasks. You should replace all flasks except the life flask and the diamond flask and use Atziri's Promise, Lion's Roar, and Overflowing Chalice/Taste of Hate.
Those flasks all give a very good DPS burst.
Make sure you have anti-bleed and anti-freeze on the diamond and life flask.

Your rings should be replaced when you can. Get a Mark of the Elder and a shaped rare ring. That's a lot of DPS. Ideally you'd want a ring with "Curse enemies with level 12 assassin's mark on hit". If you lack currency, I actually have a spare that I could give you. The Mark of the Elder is very cheap though. Those 2 rings together would give you an incredible DPS improvement.
Same goes for a Pandemonius amulet, but that one is expensive, and using a rare amulet is fine until you can afford it.

As a general note regarding your items, you have very low life on your gear. You need to replace most of the rare items you are using. Every rare item you have should have life on it. The only big weakness with this build is that it has a very low lifepool compared to other builds. So we need to get life on everything we can.
Your lifepool right now is very low.
You could replace the Tombfist with a pair of Shaper's Touch. Getting a pair with +1 frenzy charge is surprisingly cheap, and they would give you 140+ life.
The body armour is another source where you could gain a lot of life. You can buy armours with 120+ max life and 10%+ max life fairly cheap. You can also craft them fairly easy with fossils, if you have them. I made a video about how to do that yesterday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA). In the video, I try to make an armour with attack modifiers on it but if you don't have those fossils, just using Pristine Fossils and any of the Elemental ones, is just fine.

Try to get a Lethal Pride jewel. Finding one with a good seed on it may be hard, but if you can afford to spend some divines, you can get a decent one pretty easy. It's a good source of strength, and you'll get incredible dps from it if you get good mods from it.

On another note, your claw could be replaced for a lot of damage when you have the option to do so. Bloodseeker is great, I really like that claw, but if you feel that you lack damage it might be time to replace it. Getting a good rare claw can be expensive though. I regularly craft claws and give away, but right now I don't have any. You can contact me in game or on the stream and I may be able to make one as soon as I get some fossils to fix the quality on the bases that I have. You should never craft on a base without 27+ quality.

I hope this helps some. Feel free to contact me in-game or on my stream if you need help or have more questions. The stream is the best way. It's a lot easier for me to help out by talking rather than typing a book every time people need help. :p

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 1, 2019, 3:10:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info