[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

With 3.13 i started re-crafting my chaos-dot-mf-gear, which i have shown here months ago. The build wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't really where i wanted it to be.

In 3.13 i rebuild as toxic-rain, stacking a lot of aoe etc.. The build was fine, but i really missed caustic arrow anyways. With 3.14 a lot of the toxic rain mechanics have been nerfed heavily, which is why i rebuild more into what i have been playing in the first place: A hybrid tr/ca-build.

Luckily enough i could get my hands on a +4 kintsugi a few days ago, which was always the missing piece for me to go for it.

The build now looks like this:

I am really happy with the current version now. The build is insanely tanky considering i am stacking quantity and rarity. The clear speed is really great as well. The bossing dps is fine, but nothing glorious.

Except for the tr-setup it actually does only differ in a few things from the buildguide. Unspeakable gifts, which i still really like for clear, the elusive-nodes an the tree, which i do really like as well and the investments into more frenzy-charges.
Last edited by basta1982 on Apr 21, 2021, 1:01:03 AM

got this bow for sale, if you interested message me or pm me in game.

@delvedigger

cheers
"
Lupofin wrote:
Haven't set up my atlas for it, but I've gone around 20-30 maps with 0 drops

I also checked prices in SC trade and they seem to be ~3c, while i remember it being ~1-2c back in the day. Same thing in HC, plus there's VERY FEW of them listed. I guess nerf is confirmed at this point.

"
Sonof2tards wrote:
Is the low investment cluster jewel tree worth going for? I have more than enough to afford the large jewel and 2 mediums, its only about 2ex, but I'm just wondering whether the damage increase is worth the price.

It definitely is, assuming you have everything else ready. Remember that you also need normal jewels too. Without them, cluster jewels don't provide that big of a boost.

"
basta1982 wrote:
Spoiler
With 3.13 i started re-crafting my chaos-dot-mf-gear, which i have shown here months ago. The build wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't really where i wanted it to be.

In 3.13 i rebuild as toxic-rain, stacking a lot of aoe etc.. The build was fine, but i really missed caustic arrow anyways. With 3.14 a lot of the toxic rain mechanics have been nerfed heavily, which is why i rebuild more into what i have been playing in the first place: A hybrid tr/ca-build.

Luckily enough i could get my hands on a +4 kintsugi a few days ago, which was always the missing piece for me to go for it.

The build now looks like this:

I am really happy with the current version now. The build is insanely tanky considering i am stacking quantity and rarity. The clear speed is really great as well. The bossing dps is fine, but nothing glorious.

Except for the tr-setup it actually does only differ in a few things from the buildguide. Unspeakable gifts, which i still really like for clear, the elusive-nodes an the tree, which i do really like as well and the investments into more frenzy-charges.

Your gear can hardly get better. I'm a little confused by your "Gain 1 charge when you're hit" flask prefix choice, Raider doesn't get hit almost ever. Reduced Charges is in general best flask prefix you can get for uptime, and Increased Duration if you don't like pressing flasks too often.

I'd suggest you to check if 2 cluster jewel setups are better than your current idea, something similar to my mid/high investment trees.

Your Watcher's Eye is pretty much perfect. However i think you can optimize it better. Corrupted Blood no longer counts as "bleeding". Instead of it you could get "+8% Evade chance while affected by Grace" which is ridiculously powerful and it should permanently cap you at 95% evade chance or close to it. Then you could use bleed removal on flask instead. Of course i'm not exactly fan of you not picking Avatar of Veil, but that's your choice. With Toxic Rain i can see Way of the Poacher being tempting.

"
Spoiler

got this bow for sale, if you interested message me or pm me in game.

@delvedigger

cheers

Since when this guide is a trade site? Take your business elsewhere. Prices of similar bows on trade is almost always one big scam.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:

Your gear can hardly get better. I'm a little confused by your "Gain 1 charge when you're hit" flask prefix choice, Raider doesn't get hit almost ever. Reduced Charges is in general best flask prefix you can get for uptime, and Increased Duration if you don't like pressing flasks too often.

True, the flasks have been a leftover from the previous build and i haven't really thought about it tbh. Already changed it.

"
DankawSL wrote:

I'd suggest you to check if 2 cluster jewel setups are better than your current idea, something similar to my mid/high investment trees.

I had 2 full clusters before when i played toxic rain, because of the aoe and duration stacking. And i am not really happy with the pathing from Wind Dancer to Golem's Blood as well, because it's not really efficient. On the other hand the frenzy stuff becomes a lot more valuable with toxic rain for dps and for life substain via life gained on hit. And to be really honest as well: I am really, really sick about crafting cluster jewels for now.. :D

"
DankawSL wrote:

Your Watcher's Eye is pretty much perfect. However i think you can optimize it better. Corrupted Blood no longer counts as "bleeding". Instead of it you could get "+8% Evade chance while affected by Grace" which is ridiculously powerful and it should permanently cap you at 95% evade chance or close to it. Then you could use bleed removal on flask instead. Of course i'm not exactly fan of you not picking Avatar of Veil, but that's your choice. With Toxic Rain i can see Way of the Poacher being tempting.

Yeah, and i am pretty sad how things changed for the watchers eye mod, because i got this setup on both my bleed-bow-character (with faster bleed instead of life recovery rate), as well as this one. Upgrades here would be huge investments of hundreds of exalteds or even few mirrors. I don't really know how i feel about this. For now i haven't had a lot of trouble with the new corrupted blood, because i got pretty high regen, but have to keep an eye on it.
Last edited by basta1982 on Apr 21, 2021, 10:53:44 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

Well that explains it
Are you better off trying to craft your cluster jewels or buy them? It looks like the large ones are going for around 1 ex and the mediums about 3 ex currently.

Also, if crafting them is advised, what is the best method? Ive never crafted a cluster jewel before and I dont believe its mentioned in the guide(unless Ive overlooked it.)
I think cluster jewels crafting are not included because it says its really hard to get the recommended ones and there is not much of a fossils or any other way to create it apart from the typical one: alt+augment/trans + regal.
IMO, you will be much better trying to find one to buy. Much more if you play PC, as you do.
Be careful as Wicked Pall has been nerfed from 40 to 35%, but it could still be the best option, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by gansus on Apr 23, 2021, 4:01:17 AM
"
basta1982 wrote:
Spoiler
True, the flasks have been a leftover from the previous build and i haven't really thought about it tbh. Already changed it.

I had 2 full clusters before when i played toxic rain, because of the aoe and duration stacking. And i am not really happy with the pathing from Wind Dancer to Golem's Blood as well, because it's not really efficient. On the other hand the frenzy stuff becomes a lot more valuable with toxic rain for dps and for life substain via life gained on hit. And to be really honest as well: I am really, really sick about crafting cluster jewels for now.. :D

Yeah, and i am pretty sad how things changed for the watchers eye mod, because i got this setup on both my bleed-bow-character (with faster bleed instead of life recovery rate), as well as this one. Upgrades here would be huge investments of hundreds of exalteds or even few mirrors. I don't really know how i feel about this. For now i haven't had a lot of trouble with the new corrupted blood, because i got pretty high regen, but have to keep an eye on it.

I simply tried to think of anything you could potentially improve. Your gear is already ridiculously expensive, so going further could be your long term goal.

"
Viktranka wrote:

I only found 1 card so far and it was indeed in Desert Springs. I still need a little more Deserts/Dunes to see real nerf myself. I'll definitely favorite Desert Spring too. Also, there's a small chance A9 Oasis still drops same amount of cards since Desert Springs map is based on it.

"
Are you better off trying to craft your cluster jewels or buy them? It looks like the large ones are going for around 1 ex and the mediums about 3 ex currently.

Also, if crafting them is advised, what is the best method? Ive never crafted a cluster jewel before and I dont believe its mentioned in the guide(unless Ive overlooked it.)

I try to avoiding telling what approach you should take for crafting items (or buying) since market changes constantly and i'm not tracking the market. There are some universal laws like +3 DoT bows are always stupidly overpriced on trade and should be crafted instead.

Overall large clusters aren't too hard to craft, mediums can be problematic (Flow of Life + Brush with Death). Harvest crafting is really good for crafting them. Personally i'd buy good base and use all right harvest crafts to avoid overpaying for no reason.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Wish there was a way to search within a thread on the PoE site but here is a question I am sure has been answered. Any objections to using Aspect of Spider instead of Crab on boots? Would this boost the damage of the Caustic Arrow pools?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info