[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
manehi wrote:
"
Raizen7799 wrote:

This pastebin is not working in my PathOfBulding Version: 1.4.170.

You need Path of Building Community Fork [current version 2.1.0] - https://pathofbuilding.community/
Yep, this, I'm on version 2.2.1 so you probably didn't update for Ultimatum yet? I had problem before that update it wouldn't load my saved builds.
Hiya, love the guide and the build so far, very fun leveling this league.

Question for anyone who can answer: Our gem setup suggests a frenzy setup with curse, in order to apply frenzy stacks, however we already get perma frenzy stacks from the 'Way of the Poacher' ascendancy passive.
I did read something in the guide about respeccing this passive at some point, but the guide was worded very weird, and i don't understand what the guide wants me to do with my ascendancy. It seems like the ascendancy section in the guide is quite outdated, or i am just a massive smoothbrain that don't understand.

Either way, some clarification on why we use a frenzy setup, when we seem to get frenzy stacks either way would be sweet.

Thanks lads
"
Sorover wrote:
i don't understand what the guide wants me to do with my ascendancy.
Tbh I don't think the order of ascendancy is crucial. It has some impact on min-maxing levelling time, but depends how much you care about it. There's also personal preference. For example I would always pick the point that gives ailment immunity at 3rd lab the latest because I usually roll my flasks when I go to maps and don't wanna waste rolling freezing / grounding etc. if I won't need it later.

Personally I'd go Rapid Assault -> Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil -> Avatar of the Chase. But that's me. I usually also spec No Witnesses while levelling and then unspec it later when I don't feel slow anymore. That costs 4 extra points but on the other hand respeccing ascendancy is 5 per point so 10 per big passive / 20 per branch.

Tbh you won't really bother with frenzy outside of big bosses so you don't even need that while levelling. Basically in end game after you apply CA and put down wither totem there's some downtime you can use to apply frenzy / curse etc. Usually while levelling I run a 4-link toxic rain instead to help with bossing / fatter mobs.

It's not hard science, you can change stuff up to fit your preference, also depends if you're on hardcore or softcore, on softcore you have more leeway (for example can rush damage nodes and worry about life after, as long as you pick enough before you get to maps).
"
Sorover wrote:

Question for anyone who can answer: Our gem setup suggests a frenzy setup with curse, in order to apply frenzy stacks, however we already get perma frenzy stacks from the 'Way of the Poacher' ascendancy passive.
I did read something in the guide about respeccing this passive at some point, but the guide was worded very weird, and i don't understand what the guide wants me to do with my ascendancy. It seems like the ascendancy section in the guide is quite outdated, or i am just a massive smoothbrain that don't understand.

Either way, some clarification on why we use a frenzy setup, when we seem to get frenzy stacks either way would be sweet.

Thanks lads

Skill the endgame Ascendancy points in order you like, if you play softcore.

There is no need for Way of the Poacher, for lvling.

Rapid Assault
Quartz Infusion

Silverbranch (Bow) + Wither (setup) is all you need for the acts
Malevolence or Grace is up to you

"
Lupofin wrote:
What map do you recommend for farming imperial legacy?

I explained it so many times in the past i should probably add whole start in FAQ. Copy&Paste of my last explaination which is quite generic and atlas didn't change afaik:

Method i go for is to make that single map (in this case - 2 maps) the only completed maps of that tier in the atlas. If you do a map that's not connected to any other map of that tier, then every T4 will ALWAYS be that map. Since you can manipulate watchstones to your liking it's easy to adjust it.

2 watchstones per inner regions, 1 watchstone for outer regions except New Vastir. Then you can do all your Dunes at any time. Case for Desert is a little bit more complicated. Desert is connected to Crimson Temple and if you don't have it unlocked (and you don't want to), then Desert will more likely drop Crimson Temple instead of Dunes. So in short, you do Dunes all the time until you save up enough Dunes to "guarantee" finishing full set of Imperial Legacy.

"
Sorover wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks lads

This is very simple, "Gem Setups" is your mapping setup you'll be using. You're not gonna start with full ~20 gem setup right away in act 1, are you? Same goes for equipment.

Levelling section is there to guide you through acts. Gems in there are something you want to focus on (since they're most important part of the build) and couple of them are only there to help you out during early acts. As you see, there's no Frenzy setup since you get charges from "Way of the Poacher" instead and Toxic Rain easily generates them against bosses. This ascendancy node also boosts your damage when travelling through map.

Wording about ascendancy is very straight forward too:

"Build uses Way of Poacher for levelling purposes, before finishing merciless Labyrinth."

In other words, you use "Way of the Poacher" until merciless lab when you respec out of it. This is also reflected in levelling section and passive tree progression (it does include ascendancy). I guess "until" is a more proper word than "before", i'll change it right away.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Tbh I don't think the order of ascendancy is crucial. It has some impact on min-maxing levelling time, but depends how much you care about it. There's also personal preference. For example I would always pick the point that gives ailment immunity at 3rd lab the latest because I usually roll my flasks when I go to maps and don't wanna waste rolling freezing / grounding etc. if I won't need it later.

Nowdays just going for Rapid Assault is a very viable since it gives so much permanent speed and last two league mechanics overlevelling you like crazy.

Going for ailment immunity 3rd is something i can't agree with. If you go for Avatar of Chase, the only ailment removal you need is freeze/chill which you can easily get on a life flask (beastcrafting). Raider rarely takes any damage, and with that there's very few opportunities when ailment can apply to you in the first place. This changes in the end game and map mods with shocked/chilling ground etc. exist, but at this point you'll have uber lab unlocked to counter it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Apr 18, 2021, 10:00:21 AM
In regards to farming Imperial Legacy:

For the past 5-6 league starts or so I farmed up the full deck in act9 Foothills. I hit about lvl60 when I got there and left at roughly lvl76/77. It would usually take me around 3-4 hours to farm 22/22 and it was all nice and consistent for the most part.

I had occasional droughts of dropping no card for maybe an hour, but that was extremely rare, and there were also occurences when I found 3 cards in one zone.

But this time things are different. I farmed for 2 hours straight on day2 of Ultimatun, but got zero drops. Same day a guildie approached me who was doing the same thing, asking what was going on because he was on 0/22 himself roughly same amount of time into the grind.

As a sidenote, I got 2 Earth Drinker, which is waaaaay rarer, and a crap ton of Cartographer's Delight of course.

Now while it could still just be horrific rng, I can't help but think GGG stealth nerfed the cards dropping in the campagin. To be fair, getting a deterministic 6-link this early into a new league is quite powerful, but if you don't want players to have that option, at least communicate it in the patch notes.

Right now I'm using a 5link working on setting up my atlas for the Dunes farm. Will see how that goes.

"
NiteskyEU wrote:
Now while it could still just be horrific rng, I can't help but think GGG stealth nerfed the cards dropping in the campagin.
Wouldn't be surprised, it already happened in the past to Humility farming in Blood Aqueduct, also Raiz was farming Death's Oath cards in Harvest in act9 and it look him ages to get it so your theory makes a lot of sense...
I looked up new veiled Chaos DoT multi on bows and it's 44-48%. That's better than old mod and 13% extra from current crafted mod! Might be worth using Aisling in research after all. Crafting deterministically to have +1 socketed gems and chaos DoT is definitely possible. I wonder, do veiled mods respect meta mods? Probably not.

Also i remembered a nice tip for SSF empower farming. I didn't test it personally (figured it out last league) but i see no reason it wouldn't work. Simply you can guarantee to get Counter-Thaumaturgy contract from smuggler cache's, it's Niles' quest. When you get one just grab rewards and fail on purpose. I believe it will always give you his quest every time unless there's one with higher priority. Overall worth trying out.

"
NiteskyEU wrote:
Spoiler
In regards to farming Imperial Legacy:

For the past 5-6 league starts or so I farmed up the full deck in act9 Foothills. I hit about lvl60 when I got there and left at roughly lvl76/77. It would usually take me around 3-4 hours to farm 22/22 and it was all nice and consistent for the most part.

I had occasional droughts of dropping no card for maybe an hour, but that was extremely rare, and there were also occurences when I found 3 cards in one zone.

But this time things are different. I farmed for 2 hours straight on day2 of Ultimatun, but got zero drops. Same day a guildie approached me who was doing the same thing, asking what was going on because he was on 0/22 himself roughly same amount of time into the grind.

As a sidenote, I got 2 Earth Drinker, which is waaaaay rarer, and a crap ton of Cartographer's Delight of course.

Now while it could still just be horrific rng, I can't help but think GGG stealth nerfed the cards dropping in the campagin. To be fair, getting a deterministic 6-link this early into a new league is quite powerful, but if you don't want players to have that option, at least communicate it in the patch notes.

Right now I'm using a 5link working on setting up my atlas for the Dunes farm. Will see how that goes.

I definitely had 1-2 hour dry streaks before. I'm very surprised you even could complete whole set in 3-4 hours, best i got was 4 cards in maybe 3 hours and farmed these zones every league.

Regardless that's definitely concerning. I'll set up atlas to farm Dunes/Desert a little bit in softcore (despite not needing it).

"
Viktranka wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised, it already happened in the past to Humility farming in Blood Aqueduct, also Raiz was farming Death's Oath cards in Harvest in act9 and it look him ages to get it so your theory makes a lot of sense...

Stealth nerfs are happening all the time, even during leagues... just like it happened last league to Kintsugi.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Haven't set up my atlas for it, but I've gone around 20-30 maps with 0 drops
Is the low investment cluster jewel tree worth going for? I have more than enough to afford the large jewel and 2 mediums, its only about 2ex, but I'm just wondering whether the damage increase is worth the price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info