[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
gansus wrote:
One more, please: what about Tenacity node??
If you read my answer above I said:
"
Spell damage or attack damage doesn't do anything for CA (sad cuz can't abuse berserk or iron grip or anything).
That includes tenacity or anything that increased "attack damage".

There was a bug in POB a month ago or so that counted attack damage for CA / toxic rain but it's been since fixed. In game it never applied.

Other things that do NOT apply:
Point Blank
Far Shot (deadeye node or Lioneye bow)
Longshot / Adjacent Animosity bottom line (projectile damage with HITS)
Iron Grip (as stated above)
Sniper's Mark
Crown of Inward Eye life / es transfiguration (mana transfiguration applies to all damage afaik but this build doesn't stack mana anyway)
rage passive effect
Berserk
ailment damage
poison damage
faster ailments
chaos penetration ("damage penetrates x% chaos resistance")
crit
adds x to y damage to attacks
intimidate
unnerve
projectile attack damage (gripped gloves)

^ Don't bother with this.

Things that work:
projectile damage
chaos damage
damage over time
area damage
damage over time while wielding a two-handed weapon / a bow
chaos multiplier / dot multiplier
damage over time with bow skills / attack skills
enemies take increased damage / increased chaos damage (if the condition is met, for example while withered / maimed / hindered you need to be sure you apply it with your setup)
malediction (occultist passive or "victim maker" curse cluster node)

Mby I forgot something, but tbh if there was something zomg great it would have been added to the guide over the course of years. Most of the additions that exists but aren't covered in the guide are "eh" level or "too big cost for too small payoff" (like skitterbots or aspect of the spider).
Thx again, i think it's clear now :)

I think i will get "Deadly Inclinations" in the end: only +12 life but +18% evasion and +16% projectile damage, with 30 extra dex. I feel the build is tanky enough so i wont get more life

Now my "problem" is i cant craft "Aspect of the Crab" on my brand new abyssal jewel with one free sufix. Dunno if problem is i dont have enough yellow beasts, the recipe simply is not in the list. And it does not appear when i set the abyss jewel in the spot inside the altar.

How can i know if i need more yellow beasts and if any of those is ok or i have to look for some particular ones. I remember having them before in the menagerie (mean the recipe) and i have checked and have the Craicearn Crab (sorry for the spelling)
Last edited by gansus on Apr 25, 2021, 8:14:47 AM
"
gansus wrote:
I think i will get "Deadly Inclinations" in the end: only +12 life but +18% evasion and +16% projectile damage, with 30 extra dex.
Idk why are you trying to find a "special anoint" instead of using the default ones from the guide, but you do you.

"
gansus wrote:
Now my "problem" is i cant craft "Aspect of the Crab" on my brand new abyssal jewel with one free sufix.
You can't put it on a jewel. Best places to put it are quiver / amulet / belt / ring.
Is Vaal Pact neccesary?
"
Idk why are you trying to find a "special anoint" instead of using the default ones from the guide, but you do you

Tell me where I am wrong, please: I already have a "corruption" anoint in my amulet. But i thought i could just pick those passives that are not linked to any other one in the tree. In fact, as I could just select it in my tree (accessing it via my char, in the web), i thought i could select it just by having one free passive point... I cant, in fact? i mean i have not even checked it in game. Or if i do i will "lose" to say so, corruption effect??

Guess its yet one more lack of knowledge i have

And about the gem, I thought i could add it there as long as i had a suffix free. Thought so because in craftofexile.com i could select it. Guess thats what got me wrong
"
Is Vaal Pact neccesary?
This build doesn't use vaal pact, where did you get that from?

"
gansus wrote:
But i thought i could just pick those passives that are not linked to any other one in the tree.
You can't pick them normally, and if you anoint them, it replaces the old anoint in a similar way as lab enchants override each other when you apply a new one. In fact, if you have an item that can be enchanted AND anointed, they replace each other (I learnt it the hard way when I used harvest enchant on my sporeguard and it erased the anoint...)
"
Viktranka wrote:
Things that work:
projectile damage

Isn't the chaos damage over time from the caustic ground what deals damage?
I always thought the damage from the projectile itself wasn't important.
"
FedeS wrote:

It's not, however:

From the gem tooltip.
"
Isn't the chaos damage over time from the caustic ground what deals damage?

I could be wrong (again) but what Vitranka said is that, if you check CA text, it states that, for the skill, "projectile damage" modifiers will affect damage over time, which is what the "caustic cloud" on the ground does
Ups, you overtook me. At least i was right this time, hehe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info