[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
N0cturnaI wrote:
Spoiler
Still working on my char

is the belt enchantment "Enemies Maimed by you take 8% increased Damage Over Time" the best choice or block it wither or despair debuff?

playing Softcore

But the build doesn't Maim enemies and that buff is additive with Wither damage increase on top of it. No reason to use it.

"Enemies Withered by you have -6% to all Resistances" should be the best, but i don't know yet if Wither applied by totems is capable of reducing resistances. If anything 30% increased accuracy during Onslaught is still a nice QoL buff to hit enemies more reliably with CA/Frenzy. 50% reduced Life Regen if you hindered enemy also sounds good in certain rare situations. You can apply hinder with Vaal Blight.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
How did you make the double dodge boots? It's a thing of beauty, Atziri's Steps can go hide in a corner with this.

Also for divine flesh is it worth pushing 90% chaos res with born of chaos or is it a waste of 3 passive points?

Boots are the hardest piece to craft honestly. You need boots with 30% MS + 5-6% spell dodge temple mod, slam Redeemer's orb and then there are two options:

#1 - Slowly craft both influenced mods with "Add / Remove / Readd Influenced modifier" because unfortunately they have no tags. Takes ~20 tries to get both mods to tier 1.

#2 - Something i don't know if it works. Method relies on Awakener's orb interacting with metamods. After harvest crafting #% End Charges on kill on boots, craft "Prefixes cannot be changed", find another pair of Elder boots with 10% spell dodge and sacrifice them to add it to Redeemer influenced boots. Should craft you the desired boots without having to add influenced mod ~15-20 times on average. Keep in mind - i don't know if it works. Might be a good time to test this interaction in standard.

About capping chaos res to 90%... I'm not sure honestly. This is basically a choice between:

#1 - Jewel + two 4% hp nodes: ~4% more life + ~35% increased damage (crafting perfect jewels is easy this league)

#2 - 3% max chaos res notable: ~8% less ele damage taken and 23% less chaos damage taken.

It's worth to keep in mind that hp also works on physical damage and chaos damage at 87% should already deal close to no damage. ~8% less damage taken of chaos res notable is less effective when -#% resistance mods are active. In the end it's a matter of preference. I went with more balanced option.

"
MrPluszu wrote:
Spoiler
Not gonna, lie. I wanted to play sth else this league but after 5 failed chars, annoying button mashing, scourge arrow, toxic rain etc. I came back to this build. What have you done to me. :( /s

PS. Its great, zoom zoom.

One of us!

It's hard for me to play other builds as well, but i'm trying. Being nearly unkillable definitely suits my tastes more than anything else.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 22, 2020, 6:54:45 AM
Thanks for you build. I play this build in ssf. I feel it's good.
good build helps me a lot for making mine.

after a long melee class leagues this feels me super good.

for amulets this mods, probably the ones we search.

+1 to Level of all Chaos Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems
% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
Last edited by smookeus on Jul 28, 2020, 3:30:41 AM
"
smookeus wrote:

for amulets this mods, probably the ones we search.

+1 to Level of all Chaos Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems
% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
I tried to craft mine from scratch, spend like 500+ alts didn't get the dex gems. Got +1 to int gems, sold that for ~1ex, bought dex base for 120c, it's a work in progress (need to find augment life).

If you take +1 to dex gems amulet and augment chaos 4 times you're nearly guaranteed to get all the chaos mods.

Also check the harvest crafting section in the guide it's much better explained than what I'm saying.
really nice build, i was bored in harvest so i wanted to try hardcore for the first time ever and i just finished act 10 minute ago.

got lucky to find this bow at lv 11 i think

then crafted this with harvest after like 10 map in blood aqueduct

also my first time playing with caustic arrow and it is definitely good for starter, i normally struggle leveling a bow build.
Last edited by dragonpowi on Jul 30, 2020, 9:31:33 PM
any tips to crafting the cluster jewel you have danka?
If you mean the medium one with "brush with death" and "flow of life" these count as life mods so you could try "reforge life, life modifiers are more common" maybe? There are 3 potential life tag notables (all prefix) and 2 life non-notables (+life prefix and life regen suffix). The base needs to be lvl 68+.
yea, i've been spamming life harvest crafts at it and can never get both to show up :(
In case you're wondering i actually had my first death this league not too long ago on my 2nd CA char. Reason of death... pathfinding. Five T3 rare crabs were charging their slams and instead of going down the stairs to avoid them, my character decided to move right into them. These slams had to be spells obviously. Horticrafting stations which you can see on screenshot were likely the cause of this unfortunate pathfinding. I specifically made a tunnel out of pylons to avoid similar problems but here we are.

Besides that i'm slowly trying to craft my dream gear and slowly progress my other two builds. Need to make some gear / jewel pieces before i level them further than they're now tho.

"
ohhhhbeeee wrote:
any tips to crafting the cluster jewel you have danka?

"
Viktranka wrote:
If you mean the medium one with "brush with death" and "flow of life" these count as life mods so you could try "reforge life, life modifiers are more common" maybe? There are 3 potential life tag notables (all prefix) and 2 life non-notables (+life prefix and life regen suffix). The base needs to be lvl 68+.

Viktranka on spot as usual. In general harvest crafting makes it super easy to craft cluster jewels. Reforges don't really cost anything and there's no end of them. Seriously, i crafted many, many cluster jewels for my builds:

I also heavily suggest that they're perfect to use all those "Remove non-### modifier, add ### modifier" which nobody ever uses anyway. Who knows, maybe you'll hit the right mod?

Btw i see you managed to find that Maraketh Bow after all. Sub ilvl 82 i assume?
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 31, 2020, 7:00:08 PM
Quick update, i finally decided to invest into belt with -6% all res enchantment to test if it works when applied by totem.

It does work. That's a huge damage boost for free against bosses who are naturally resistant to chaos damage. Also great value in +# chaos res, hexproof and less curse effectiveness maps.

If you're looking to craft a really good belt then you should definitely pick it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info