[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey guys, I'm leveling following this guide. I have one doubt though. Do we always have to aim at the back of the mob pack so the arrows pierce and spread caustic ground? Or is there a way to keep the cursor near our char so the arrow simply fly in that direction, instead of exploding near our feet, like split arrow for instance or many other projectile skills?
"
pindukk wrote:
Hey guys, I'm leveling following this guide. I have one doubt though. Do we always have to aim at the back of the mob pack so the arrows pierce and spread caustic ground? Or is there a way to keep the cursor near our char so the arrow simply fly in that direction, instead of exploding near our feet, like split arrow for instance or many other projectile skills?
I don't think so, you can try arrow nova, then you can click near yourself and arrows will land in a circle around the place of your cursor.
Could you share a link with the right search for bows if we dont know to craft it? Is just like this ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/pYRX3o3C0
"
pindukk wrote:

There's none other than Arrow Nova. That's the price this build has to pay in order for precision placement, which used to be more important ~2 years ago before CA received massive damage buffs at cost of duration.

"
LinkRyu wrote:
Could you share a link with the right search for bows if we dont know to craft it? Is just like this ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/pYRX3o3C0

Absolutely not. This is never going to happen. Crafting section and methods in there are designed in the way that even if you know nothing about crafting, you can do it as long as you follow them to the letter.

I checked the link you provided and it only ensured me that i'm doing the right thing. These bows are DISGUSTINGLY overpriced. They are being sold for 1,5ex, which is roughly ~240c. Now the cost of the bow is:

* ~20c for 6-link Imperial
* ~6-12c for 6 chaotic resonators (on average 6 tries to get the +3 bow)
* ~30-36c for Corroded fossils
* ~6-12c for Jagged fossils
* 6c for Metallic fossils
* 4c for 36-40% Chaos DoT Multplier craft.

So in the worst case, the average cost of the crafting is only 90c. Completed bow is almost 3 times more expensive than if you were to craft it yourself! Even if you were unluckiest person on the planet and had to pay for ~20 tries, you would still pay less.

This isn't first time i see these bows being overpriced, and every time i get the urge to just level character in softcore and bring this price down to a reasonable level.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
on average 6 tries to get the +3 bow
Craft of exile estimates 4 crafts for a +3 bow so you're being already generous here to give extra leeway for crafting unluck.

Also afaik 3-fossil craft always guarantees an open prefix because there are only 2 possible prefixes left anyway (without jagged there would be chance for added chaos damage to attacks).

The only "rng" part is unlocking the veiled mod, on trade you can probably buy some cheap weapons (or get a crafting service but I usually don't trust those), on SSF I don't know how many Jun mission it takes on average to get enough, it feels like the mod is somewhat rare on weapons and I see fire / cold damage over time more commonly nowadays than chaos.

Is there any specific weapons to prio to buy for unlocking it? I tend to buy bows / wands when I really can't manage to unlock it through missions, but I'm not sure if it's more common on these or completely random.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Craft of exile estimates 4 crafts for a +3 bow so you're being already generous here to give extra leeway for crafting unluck.

Also afaik 3-fossil craft always guarantees an open prefix because there are only 2 possible prefixes left anyway (without jagged there would be chance for added chaos damage to attacks).

The only "rng" part is unlocking the veiled mod, on trade you can probably buy some cheap weapons (or get a crafting service but I usually don't trust those), on SSF I don't know how many Jun mission it takes on average to get enough, it feels like the mod is somewhat rare on weapons and I see fire / cold damage over time more commonly nowadays than chaos.

Is there any specific weapons to prio to buy for unlocking it? I tend to buy bows / wands when I really can't manage to unlock it through missions, but I'm not sure if it's more common on these or completely random.

If you use real time simulation, it will give you ~6 average tries. Pretty sure it's more accurate in this case. Preview likely doesn't calculate correctly the fact that in majority of cases there's going to be 1 prefix and rarely 2 prefixes in 4 mod scenario.

Yes, there's always an open prefix using fossils when crafting +3 bows. There is no 3rd prefix you can possibly roll when using jagged fossil.

It will take a while to unlock chaos DoT multi. It's a rare mod unfortunately. I recommend doing all your betrayals quickly and in T5/T10 maps if possible. Unveils from those tiers can roll T2/T3 mods respectively from what i noticed, which obviously translates to more xp. I didn't confirm it, but it's very easy to test. Putting Aisling in transportation also speeds up the process.

It's worth to keep in mind - if you have +3 6-link then you're good to go up to red maps. DoT multiplier isn't really necessary and even T1 of that craft gives good amounts of damage.

I think unveils are random and doesn't matter much which weapon you're unveiling. However it's worth noting that unveils respect mods that are already on the weapon, so for example if a wand has Chaos DoT multi you can't unveil.
Do you guys like min maxing? I certainly don't, but i've done it anyway:

https://pastebin.com/WVYUYyns

Took my time to squeeze as much defence/QoL without giving up damage. There are still some changes you could do like not caring about ele weakness and picking up strength/chaos damage rings instead. I also didn't apply Fertile catalysts to amulet and rings so there's still little bit more that could be done. Best thing? All of the gear is possible to create thanks to harvest. I'll actually to craft it all.

This level of defence feels like an overkill at this point. Makes sense for me to try my luck in delve until i die once i collect all the pieces. However for that having a bow with synthesised explode mod would be very useful. Can't have everything i guess.

It's a long term goal but i'll get there eventually.
Still working on my char

is the belt enchantment "Enemies Maimed by you take 8% increased Damage Over Time" the best choice or block it wither or despair debuff?

playing Softcore
"
DankawSL wrote:
Do you guys like min maxing? I certainly don't, but i've done it anyway:

https://pastebin.com/WVYUYyns
How did you make the double dodge boots? It's a thing of beauty, Atziri's Steps can go hide in a corner with this.

Also for divine flesh is it worth pushing 90% chaos res with born of chaos or is it a waste of 3 passive points?

Not gonna, lie. I wanted to play sth else this league but after 5 failed chars, annoying button mashing, scourge arrow, toxic rain etc. I came back to this build. What have you done to me. :( /s

PS. Its great, zoom zoom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info