[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
MrShika wrote:
So, with enlighten lv 4 i can now have all malevolence, clarity and crab active atm, with the good mana regen rate, i can still go mapping as usual so im thinking to change mana flask to some other flask, im considering between witchfire and 1 more life flask with instant recovery, which one should i choose then? or maybe u could suggest another flask!, here is my flask setup right now

Another instant life flask with freeze removal would be a standard choice, especially for hardcore players. For softcore you can try other things too, Karui Blood maybe? I saw some people run it. I dont like to get too funky with flasks tho, so I just run 2 life flasks, Dying Sun and Jade flask. Nothing fancy.

But I want to ask how come you need Enlighten lvl4 to run these auras? I am currently running Crab, Malevolence and Clarity lvl10 and I do not need any reservation reductions. So I wonder how come...
"
drobecdrobny wrote:
So how would you guys go about using Lethal Pride and Glorious Vanity jewels? I am sorry but their allocation and effects is very confusing to me. What positive effects can their bring to the build? Thanks!

Viktranka's answer was on spot. If anything, Glorious Vanity should be placed near Point Blank or Perfect Agony keystones. Lethal Pride can be socketed at shadow's starting location as well, plenty of notables nearby.

"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for clarification. I checked poe.lab and only a few people use these, but it might be a good source of "correct" numbers on the jewels. I was mainly interested in them because of endurance charge generation but welp it seems kinda hard to get it if I understand it correctly. I just like atziri boots on evasion builds too much and dont really want to drop them for rare boots just because of endurance charge generation meh.

Edit: Took the advice and got these for 10c, will test but I already miss atziris xd

Also, once we can generate endurance charges, does immortal call become better or no?

Atziri's Step are definitely solid, especially since dangerous spells pile up and you might want to be capped. Unfortunately, you can't have everything. Well crafted Elder/Redeemer boots should be stronger than Atziri's tho.

I would stay with Steelskin regardless. Immortal Call is only better at physical mitigation and it also consumes endurance charges. Steelskin works against chaos damage too.

"
basta1982 wrote:
I am not sure how it does work as well, but if you fight the Phoenix Guardian with Aspect of the Spider, Touch of Cruelty and Wither Totem up, the guy pretty much is whirlwinding without any movement anymore, because he's just too slow. So while i do agree it's not worth considering for mapping, it does have quite some impact for bossing for sure.

If that's true then this is likely a bug. GGG introduced the wording specifically to prevent multiple slow effects from stacking (similar to recent "Exposure" tag). Only the strongest "hinder" should apply. I can test this in standard later.

"
MrShika wrote:
Spoiler
So, with enlighten lv 4 i can now have all malevolence, clarity and crab active atm, with the good mana regen rate, i can still go mapping as usual so im thinking to change mana flask to some other flask, im considering between witchfire and 1 more life flask with instant recovery, which one should i choose then? or maybe u could suggest another flask!, here is my flask setup right now

2nd life flask is primarly for bossing and dangerous situation to heal quicker (since you can press 2 flasks at once). It's not necessary by any means. 1+4 utility flasks is totally viable, but you should not need a mana flask in any case except no-regen maps. Quartz or Basalt are the best choice to replace it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you for making this guide!

It's gotten me back into the game and enjoying the current season!!
Btw, any tips in how to kill 'Kosis - The Revelation' boss? that bitch has the mod 'chaos damage does not bypass es' so it's pretty hard to kill him, exspecialy in wave 20 of simulacrum, he became the big fooking tank and it took a lot to kill him, so, is there any way to kill him without losing 10% exp?
Last edited by MrShika on Apr 8, 2020, 11:29:45 AM
"
MrShika wrote:
I think if you're not spell dodge capped quartz would work the best, especially since to a raider it provides on demand ailment immunity if for some reason (like starting a new map) you don't have phasing up. Lockboxes that freeze come in mind as one example where you want to be immune before you pop them.

"
MrShika wrote:
Btw, any tips in how to kill 'Kosis - The Revelation' boss? that bitch has the mod 'chaos damage does not bypass es' so it's pretty hard to kill him, exspecialy in wave 20 of simulacrum, he became the big fooking tank and it took a lot to kill him, so, is there any way to kill him without losing 10% exp?
Ok, this is pure speculation as I haven't gotten into end game this season yet, but does frost bomb work to counter ES regen? I heard of people using it on the HOGM ES "bosses", because these also gain ES back at a rapid rate.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 8, 2020, 11:40:42 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
MrShika wrote:
I think if you're not spell dodge capped quartz would work the best, especially since to a raider it provides on demand ailment immunity if for some reason (like starting a new map) you don't have phasing up. Lockboxes that freeze come in mind as one example where you want to be immune before you pop them.

"
MrShika wrote:
Ok, this is pure speculation as I haven't gotten into end game this season yet, but does frost bomb work to counter ES regen? I heard of people using it on the HOGM ES "bosses", because these also gain ES back at a rapid rate.

I killed him already a couple times on the last wave and you just need to be invested in dps a bit. The fight does take a short while but our defences are enough for it. Pretty much after I got my empower lvl4, endgame bow and +1 chaos gems amulet, he became easy to face. Also, culling strike is your friend.
MrShika, I just checked your gear and you have way stronger setup than me, you should be able to farm him by this point. Maybe just try to add that defensive flask. Definitely dont run simulacrums with dying sun, no need.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Apr 8, 2020, 12:27:02 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:

"
basta1982 wrote:
I am not sure how it does work as well, but if you fight the Phoenix Guardian with Aspect of the Spider, Touch of Cruelty and Wither Totem up, the guy pretty much is whirlwinding without any movement anymore, because he's just too slow. So while i do agree it's not worth considering for mapping, it does have quite some impact for bossing for sure.

If that's true then this is likely a bug. GGG introduced the wording specifically to prevent multiple slow effects from stacking (similar to recent "Exposure" tag). Only the strongest "hinder" should apply. I can test this in standard later.

That's not what i wanted to say anyways. Don't know if there is any additive or multiple slow effect, but i don't think so as well. Just wanted to say with some hinder-resources bosses are hindered all the time and Thouch of Cruelty is a nice synergy therefore.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
MrShika wrote:

"
MrShika wrote:

About the 'counter es regen' thing, when i fight him, i rmb don't see he regenerating es, it's just one of his skill, when he start channeling the big black hole, his es become full again, and he will stop channeling once we break his es bar, or once he has finished channeling, that's why the fight became so long
Last edited by MrShika on Apr 9, 2020, 1:58:59 AM
"
MrShika wrote:

I tried Simulacrum once in standard. Kosis was a complete joke. I killed him with ~500k tooltip dps (easily achievable) without any resistance mod in the last wave. As far as i'm aware he regains full ES when he starts channelling the black hole. Once you deplete his ES, he stops channeling and creates a small shockwave that destroys nearby blackholes, which creates MUCH larger shockwave. Avoid this and you're gonna be fine. The fight took me ~2 minutes.

Unfortunately this is a DPS check so you do need decent single target damage to kill him. I can imagine him being absolutely awful to kill in red tier maps. CA is not a boss killing skill and going Raider doesn't help (since it's all defence after all).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
hey caustic arrowers.

got my lvl 100 on ssfhc a few days ago and i'd like to hear some opinions on some things.

kintsugi feels useless. i dont think ill ever get killed by 1 giant phys hit. its more likely gonna be dashing back into frost walkers or not leaving a styg rev map or walking into a massive spell caster pack with bad dodge luck. do you guys still see kintsugi as top tier chest for the build? why? i prefer queen of the forest.

im running clarity at lvl 20. and i use one mana reg craft on a ring. feels like i would need some extra passive point investment to be able to use just 10. what are you saving mana for anyway? with enlighten i was running malevolence, crab and clarity 20 with some 100+ mana left.

trying to craft jewels is a waste of time. its so insanely hard to get 3 good rolls. next league ill probably go for a % life cluster jewel and give up on standard jewels.

i cant live without bloodrage. that 25% attack speed (enhance gem included) bonus feels great. why do you exclude it at any point? pretty much has no cost. life regen is never going to save anyone. although i do remember feeling a bit uncomfortable in vulnerabilty maps, since that makes me have negative life regen. other than that, i dont see a reason to give it up

wither totems - do i actually need a 4link here? will that inc duration do something useful? i cant tell if i socket faster casting in does it make totem placement faster? or the wither casting?

inertia jewel is great. we get like 80str.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info