[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
some1awesome wrote:
I am having a hard time figuring out what im lacking. i up the gem lvls and still nowhere close to the guides pob. could someone help me out ? https://pastebin.com/v5C3tmSg

Well you have 500k dot dps that doesn't look bad for your budget gear.

If you want to get higher, you need empower lvl 3 or better lvl 4. You need a double dot bow (chaos dot multi prefix + dot multi suffix) and after you get empower, +2 to level of support gems is a better option instead of +2 to bow gems (but you need empower first).

You want to get chaos dot multi on gloves (don't waste money on gripped gloves the prefix doesn't work) and chaos dot multi or the dot multi on quiver (both together is fairly expensive, but best option). Then there's a helmet with -9 chaos resist aura but that got harder to make this season (requires lvl 85 hunter helmet).

You should anoint the neck. Getting amulet with chaos multi or / and +1 to dex or chaos gems is the target, but that's expensive.

The belt is fairly weak, only life, you could either get a hunter belt with increased chaos damage or a stygian vise with useful gem. Making a hunter stygian vise is possible, but very expensive so I wouldn't bother for now.

You should look into either getting quality on your supports or getting awakened ones.

I don't 100% remember the non-cluster tree but pretty sure it would have toxic strikes in it (and blood drinker for life). Anyway afaik investing in cluster jewels can improve your damage too. No idea why do you have life and mana leech point tbh from what I know dots can't leech.

Also btw what's the reason you're double overcapped on fire res even without dying sun up.

Since you don't play SSF go to /global 820 and get your lab trials for free.

On another side note how do you tolerate using boots with no movespeed, doesn't that feel slow?

So yeah your gear is very basic, a lot of the above adds up, some of the additions will be more expensive some less, but you have a lot of upgrades ahead of you.
It's been my third ride on a Caustic Arrow Ranger* in a row and once again I want to thank the author and contributors of this wonderful build and guide.

This time around however I went for the Pathfinder route. I wanted to play something that struggles less with bosses. While the drop off in survivability and speed noticeable, I'm overall quite happy with the build. Note that I'm not playing HC.

Some observations:

- Flask regeneration is incredible
- Picking up Freedom of Movement is a great band aid for the build
- Having more DPS (currently ~2,7 m) feels fantastic
- Aspect of the Spider helps a bunch with Delirium bosses
- I went back and forth with additional penetration. Personally I settled on 1 from the penetrating quiver is enough. The investment either into gear or skill points does in no way correlate to more clear speed. Everything still dies in one Volley.

Gear-wise I'm about done. I still lack a Watcher's Eye and a helmet enchant but those are not too easy to come by. I might try to get the enchant on a good lab day since I'm pretty happy with the helmet that I've got.

I'm also planing on getting 1-2 more levels which should get me to ~6.7k life.

My char: https://pastebin.com/j6rWFhx2

Cheers!
"
mccready wrote:
- I went back and forth with additional penetration. Personally I settled on 1 from the penetrating quiver is enough. The investment either into gear or skill points does in no way correlate to more clear speed. Everything still dies in one Volley.
Did you play with arrow nova or without?

Also question, how do you go about getting that vermillion ring, did you buy it or craft it and if you crafted it, what's the best way to get high life + resists on a vermillion base? I was thinking of getting something like that but I'm bad at crafting. :(

"
mccready wrote:
It's been my third ride on a Caustic Arrow Ranger* in a row and once again I want to thank the author and contributors of this wonderful build and guide.

This time around however I went for the Pathfinder route. I wanted to play something that struggles less with bosses. While the drop off in survivability and speed noticeable, I'm overall quite happy with the build. Note that I'm not playing HC.

Some observations:

- Flask regeneration is incredible
- Picking up Freedom of Movement is a great band aid for the build
- Having more DPS (currently ~2,7 m) feels fantastic
- Aspect of the Spider helps a bunch with Delirium bosses

Gear-wise I'm about done. I still lack a Watcher's Eye and a helmet enchant but those are not too easy to come by. I might try to get the enchant on a good lab day since I'm pretty happy with the helmet that I've got.

I'm also planing on getting 1-2 more levels which should get me to ~6.7k life.

My char: https://pastebin.com/j6rWFhx2

Cheers!

May I ask how do you sustain your mana? I am currently using Crab/Clarity/Malevolence. I see that you are running with Spider/Flesh and Stone/Malevolence - is the sustain without Clarity okay? There is some regen from Rot-resistant notable and amulet, but apart from that, how do you sustain yourself? Or are these two enough?I feel like if I could be able to drop Clarity for Flesh and Stone it could be a great next layer of defence, but I dont know if I could manage my mana that way. Thanks for your response and enjoy the endgame man. I am doing Raider very similar in progress with you and its a blast.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Apr 17, 2020, 12:23:22 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
mccready wrote:

Also question, how do you go about getting that vermillion ring, did you buy it or craft it and if you crafted it, what's the best way to get high life + resists on a vermillion base? I was thinking of getting something like that but I'm bad at crafting. :(

Now that you mention arrow nova, I bought the awakened version because I wanted to test it in open maps just for some QoL and damn. With two proj from bow and next two from dying sun it feels really really good. 10 arrows in a nova together, awesome QoL for clearing open areas: I would advise to have a good tooltip prior to getting it so it can really feel smooth tho.

Just to shortly answer about the rings, you can get some for fairly cheap, shouldnt be a problem at all. About the crafting lets see what mccready says. I got mine as they are.
"
Viktranka wrote:

Without. I bought the Vermillion Ring as is since I am too bad at crafting. I got it for 6ex.
"
drobecdrobny wrote:

May I ask how do you sustain your mana? I am currently using Crab/Clarity/Malevolence. I see that you are running with Spider/Flesh and Stone/Malevolence - is the sustain without Clarity okay? There is some regen from Rot-resistant notable and amulet, but apart from that, how do you sustain yourself? Or are these two enough?I feel like if I could be able to drop Clarity for Flesh and Stone it could be a great next layer of defence, but I dont know if I could manage my mana that way. Thanks for your response and enjoy the endgame man. I am doing Raider very similar in progress with you and its a blast.

I dropped Clarity very early on since I found that a couple of sources of increased Mana Regeneration Rate are absolutely sufficient, even while playing "wrong", i.e. spamming CA.

For a while I used Mana Flows as band aid. I specifically chose the base for my hunter amulet crafting to handle most of my Mana concerns.

I switch between Sand and Stone and Aspect of the Spider depending on content, although I'm leaning more and more towards Aspect of the Spider. The stuff that seemingly 1-shots me through my 6800 Effective Life does not care about Sand Stance at all. Note that I also switched out Kintsugi for Carcass Jack. This build will die more often than the OG Raider so I might just roll with it.

"
mccready wrote:
I switch between Sand and Stone and Aspect of the Spider depending on content, although I'm leaning more and more towards Aspect of the Spider. The stuff that seemingly 1-shots me through my 6800 Effective Life does not care about Sand Stance at all. Note that I also switched out Kintsugi for Carcass Jack. This build will die more often than the OG Raider so I might just roll with it.
Thanks for previous answer, btw do you bother with chaos resist? I'm a bit low on it and I found out hunter influenced map the spitting small worms insta kill me. I think they do chaos damage? (I have immune to poison already.)
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
mccready wrote:
Thanks for previous answer, btw do you bother with chaos resist? I'm a bit low on it and I found out hunter influenced map the spitting small worms insta kill me. I think they do chaos damage? (I have immune to poison already.)

Just to input my insight, I feel like chaos res is nice to have this league, at lest not being in negative numbers greatly helps. Exposure therapy and Student of decay notables are both great choices because of that.
I invested heavily into Chaos Resist after reading up on how resistances work. It's really hard to tell if it's worth it but I haven't died to conquerors yet. Also Sirius 5 was deathless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info