[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
wedrax wrote:
not leaving a styg rev map
Btw is there any mitigation that lowers the damage from them corpse explosions? Outside of "just don't get hit / don't stand near corpses". I'm a softcore player but it's still very annoying to always get 1-shot by these.

"
wedrax wrote:
i cant live without bloodrage. that 25% attack speed (enhance gem included) bonus feels great. why do you exclude it at any point? pretty much has no cost.
Is attack speed a damage increase or is it just something that helps you move faster? I never noticed any effect of attack speed except on blink arrow (it's very slow baseline), but I'm a slow player so kinda curious how it looks from the other perspective (I assume if you run queen of the forest you're a very fast mapper playstyle wise).

"
wedrax wrote:
wither totems - do i actually need a 4link here? will that inc duration do something useful? i cant tell if i socket faster casting in does it make totem placement faster? or the wither casting?
Placement is a separate stat, controlled by things like quality on the totem / multiple totem gems. But cast speed / attack speed won't affect placement speed.

Now from what I've read (and I hope it's true not some reddit bullshit) each stack of wither has separate duration, they don't refresh duration with next new stack (contrary to let's say frenzy charges) so faster casting or increased duration both increase how many stacks are overlapping at once.

Btw this is the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b81h5k/regarding_the_wither_debuff_is_the_duration/
im not aware of something to avoid getting one shot by styg revs :/ craft exploding chest or just dont backtrack / leave map is what i do.

attack speed is not a damage increase, but it feels good to spend less time shooting caustic arrow (im a religious arrow nova user).

i wasnt aware that wither does not refresh duration of old wither stacks. well then inc. duration makes sense
Can i get some feedback on any more potential big gear changes i need to make to my raider for pushing into higher endgame gear?

Im aware of my CA needing to be 21/20 and empower only being level 2, apart from that is there anything else?
"
MrShika wrote:
Btw, any tips in how to kill 'Kosis - The Revelation' boss? that bitch has the mod 'chaos damage does not bypass es' so it's pretty hard to kill him, exspecialy in wave 20 of simulacrum, he became the big fooking tank and it took a lot to kill him, so, is there any way to kill him without losing 10% exp?

Oh nvm about that boss now, turns out it's cuz i was carrying my friend inside so i have to fight the 100% more hp version of that biach, i've gone solo simulacrum today and find out that he isn't that tanky, my bad guys :P
"
wedrax wrote:
Spoiler
hey caustic arrowers.

got my lvl 100 on ssfhc a few days ago and i'd like to hear some opinions on some things.

kintsugi feels useless. i dont think ill ever get killed by 1 giant phys hit. its more likely gonna be dashing back into frost walkers or not leaving a styg rev map or walking into a massive spell caster pack with bad dodge luck. do you guys still see kintsugi as top tier chest for the build? why? i prefer queen of the forest.

im running clarity at lvl 20. and i use one mana reg craft on a ring. feels like i would need some extra passive point investment to be able to use just 10. what are you saving mana for anyway? with enlighten i was running malevolence, crab and clarity 20 with some 100+ mana left.

trying to craft jewels is a waste of time. its so insanely hard to get 3 good rolls. next league ill probably go for a % life cluster jewel and give up on standard jewels.

i cant live without bloodrage. that 25% attack speed (enhance gem included) bonus feels great. why do you exclude it at any point? pretty much has no cost. life regen is never going to save anyone. although i do remember feeling a bit uncomfortable in vulnerabilty maps, since that makes me have negative life regen. other than that, i dont see a reason to give it up

wither totems - do i actually need a 4link here? will that inc duration do something useful? i cant tell if i socket faster casting in does it make totem placement faster? or the wither casting?

inertia jewel is great. we get like 80str.

Kintsugi works against all damage, not just physical. I've been saved by it multiple times in the past and i also got oneshot at least twice recently despite having the buff up (but i would likely be saved by Crab aspect if i had it). Cascade of spells is one of the most commons way to die on this build indeed. I specifically push spell dodge enchant + elder/redeemer boots + quartz flask to be almost capped. Queen of the Forest helps with none of these cases, really. I theory the move speed can help, but build is already capable of dodging basically anything.

Primary reason for level 10 clarity cap used to be dimnishing returns per mana reserved. Nowadays it's enough to comfortably map without any mana issues. It's also to ensure there's enough leftover mana in case someone wants to use Aspect of the Crab.

Acquiring jewels is hard in SSF, you are correct. Getting life + one extra good mod is likely tho. Cluster jewels are good and significantly easier to craft indeed.

The cost is life regen and i value it greatly. CA also uses DoFL support and if you enter no regen or 40/60% less regen, Blood Rage will completely nullify the support gem. This is beginner friendly guide, this type of situation will happen and losing 30% of your damage like this is bad. And to repeat - i value life regen and it's great to heal up minor hits without use of flask. I feel attack speed is good enough already, extra 10-15% more won't be that much of an impact.

Technically ID is not necessary in Wither Totem, but it greatly helps with uptime. Without the support, if boss teleport or dashes away you will quickly lose the stacks and resummoning totem + applying Wither again takes some time. Increased Duration gives you chance to maintain 15 stacks even despite that. It's effectively small DPS increase. The part about each Wither stack being individual is true.

Side note, i did not die to Stygian Revenants in 3 or more years. Never had any issues with them. You know they're on the map, you can play around it. Effects and sound are well telegraphed and the DD itself got VFX overhaul to be visible inside the fog.

"
gabz001 wrote:
Spoiler
Can i get some feedback on any more potential big gear changes i need to make to my raider for pushing into higher endgame gear?

Im aware of my CA needing to be 21/20 and empower only being level 2, apart from that is there anything else?

I don't do gear checks anymore. You're supposed to use Empower level 3 or 4, anything below is a big loss of damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Apr 11, 2020, 9:42:59 AM
"
wedrax wrote:
im not aware of something to avoid getting one shot by styg revs :/ craft exploding chest or just dont backtrack / leave map is what i do.

attack speed is not a damage increase, but it feels good to spend less time shooting caustic arrow (im a religious arrow nova user).

i wasnt aware that wither does not refresh duration of old wither stacks. well then inc. duration makes sense

I'm currently using Arctic Armour. I love the chill trail effect on fast enemies that outrun my totems. I also have commandment of spite on my gloves to chill everything around me when hit (lasts longer than Arctic Armour chill when hit due to being a ground effect). It's a very nice QoL cc for me. The %phys/fire mitigation likely helps sometimes too. So far lvl 89 with no deaths in softcore Delirium.

I used to use Blood Rage myself. Now I prefer the life regen much more. Attack speed is insane most of the time anyway with onslaught whatnot.
Delirium IGN: Language
Last edited by reetismatic on Apr 15, 2020, 1:05:53 PM
Hallo everyone,
can someone tell me what i should upgrade next?

Playing as Pathfinder.
Thanks in advance and excuse my bad english.
"
Delic17 wrote:
Hallo everyone,
can someone tell me what i should upgrade next?

Playing as Pathfinder.

Could swap the mana potion for dying sun if you dont need mana potion. There is a jewel that gives bleed immunity while affected by malevolence. You could lab for some nice boot/glove enchants. Gloves can create consecrated ground (like 6% life per sec from uber) or even spite is good with the ground chill nova. Boots can have spell dodge/movespeed/life+manaregen/stunnavoidance/etc.
Delirium IGN: Language
"
Delic17 wrote:

Playing as Pathfinder.
Why Efficacy over (awakened) void manipulation? I can understand efficacy over conc effect if you really wanna maximize your area (even though imo as PF it's not necessary you counter it with ascendancy node that gives 50% increased area).

Also if you want you could invest into a hunter helmet lvl 85+ to roll "nearby enemies have -9 chaos resistance".

And if I remember correctly divine life flask gives more hp than eternal if you roll instant mod on it (without instant mod it's too slow).

You could get better cluster jewels too, 2 notable 1 socket large, and 1 notable medium are budget options, goal should be 3 notable 2 socket large and 2 notable medium, the extra sockets can always just be used on normal jewels not clusters if you don't have points, but you could move the jewel from point blank to there (yes you can connect small to large skipping a medium).
I am having a hard time figuring out what im lacking. i up the gem lvls and still nowhere close to the guides pob. could someone help me out ? https://pastebin.com/v5C3tmSg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info