[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Om3nov wrote:
I'm still upgrading my gear, to get most of this build, just wanted to ask on which items I should put my effort/focus now, any suggestions? :)
Uh you have wrong gem in bow, it should be swift affliction, not swift assembly.

Next thing I'd buy would be lvl 21 caustic arrow and then probably quiver upgrade. I'd also change the boots, they have only 1 innate resist and are ES base.

Kek why I didn't see that, I'm so dumb haha. Ok thank you :)
Today I finally managed to kill Sirus /deathless/. Going to try a couple Simulacrum runs and will let you guys know how the build handles that.
Nice build. Finally killed uber elder with it. Raider is superb for map clearing, but Pathfinder is 1 vs 1 MMA fighter. I murdered every single boss encounter with it (haven't killed Aul only I think, just don't like delving).
Guys need some guide from here on out... I don't know what to do next, what to upgrade in this build next.All i know is that i need to swap some items that i have with evasion ones...

"
Guys need some guide from here on out... I don't know what to do next, what to upgrade in this build next.All i know is that i need to swap some items that i have with evasion ones...

First thing you need to decide what are you doing with your gem links. Hard to be sure, but I imagine some gems like "minion life" are only there for levelling, this spec doesn't use it for anything. Because of that I don't know if you're just levelling that bloodrage or actually using it, but if you're using it, damage on full life should go. Since we don't overleech or anything, bloodrage will disable that gem. Use conc effect instead or if you hate how it makes things smaller, efficacy.

Also rotgut should go. All your worries about not having enough evasion on gear pale in comparison how much evasion you'd get from a simple jade flask of reflexes.

Tbh since you're a trickster, mana flask should go as well for anything but no regen maps. Patient reaper should carry your mana through mapping / delving, while on bosses there's no reason to spam CA.

I see you corrupted the belt, but since it didn't reroll the implicit you should probably save for buying a better belt, stygian vise preferably or in worst case leather / heavy belt.

Since you have spell totem on boots you can put increased duration as an extra support for QOL for wither to not drop off as quick.

Also your tree could be better allocated, for example by skipping ballistic mastery and aspect of the eagle for revenge of the hunted wheel, also you should path below fangs of the viper not right of resourcefulness, spends 1 point instead of 2, and 1 extra point for 4% all res is definitely not worth it.

Also quiver should be pierce type (penetrating), if you're trying to corrupt it for extra arrow... well it's like sub 1% chance good luck.

Since you have some spare red socket I would consider using flesh & stone over skitterbots, it adds extra layer of defense and since you're not a raider you won't have the same amount of dodge / evasion. Skitterbots feels to me like an aura you throw in there when you have too much free mana and nothing to do with it.

If you want to keep investing in the build, the big ticket items would be the endgame bow as specified in the guide and awakened supports, and probably a hunter influenced quiver with dot multipliers over the one you have now.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 2, 2020, 12:21:46 PM
Which one to use. i don't want to have a flask for bleeding as i want movement speed over it.

And I did the most of what you said,remaining to get quiver and bow.
The end-game bow with 2 arrows and dot is still viable for 3.10?? With the exalt slam for socketed gems +1
Last edited by SlaughterSpike on Apr 3, 2020, 2:59:21 PM
I wonder, since I'm looking on the end-game crafting section. Should we capp all resistances? Since end game gear doesn't mention resistances at all expect quiver and belt. Could someone explain? :)
"
Which one to use. i don't want to have a flask for bleeding as i want movement speed over it.

And I did the most of what you said,remaining to get quiver and bow.
The end-game bow with 2 arrows and dot is still viable for 3.10?? With the exalt slam for socketed gems +1

This blue gem is so bad... I don't think bow builds are even capable of blocking unless you wear rearguard (which nobody does), can't you find any corrupted blood jewels with actually semi-decent stats? I'm not saying best rolls, that'll be super expensive, but at least something that doesn't tell the mobs to crit you to death.

Afaik the crafting section was updated recently, so yes, it should be up to date.

"
Om3nov wrote:
Should we capp all resistances?
Ofc. I wouldn't risk getting 1-shot all the time for some 20% increased damage which can be easily added from cluster jewels etc. Especially rings are very efficient for resists but not so efficient for damage mods, imo.

Also you can catalyst buff them if you end up slightly too short on resists.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 3, 2020, 3:17:59 PM
Update. Not much changed I would say, swapped boots/gloves. Killed my first Sirus on this build in 4 portals but 2 were kinda bullshit kills the second I appeared on arena. :P

Doing t14-t16 maps rn and I guess I am trying more to boost my survivality. Swapped to kintsugi and small cluster that gives me endurance charges (also I have 1 large + 2 medium for damage). I run Forbidden Taste for insta heal and 10/10 more dodge (I have +28% normal chaos res and +75% chaos over time res), dunno how I feel about it for now, we will see. Wanted to swap to pathfinder for better bossing but mapping feels kinda meh on it and it's like 90% of the game so I gave up on that.

I like the build but dodge/evasion mechanics mean I will get one-shot every now and then with I don't like but mostly I die to me being lazy or standing still like a retard. Mostly I stopped enjoying the dps, yea movement is cool and all on bosses but we run out of flasks and then you just die.

Regarding the delirium, I have done 2 similacrums. One for full 20 and one for 19. Up to wave 18 its a walk in the park for this build, even with bosses but Kosis or double boss on wave 20 gives like 90% chance to wipe the whole run for me bcs of super low dps on the boss. :/

If anyone sees any improvements I can make to the char (WhereIsMySnek), let me know.

Cheers.
"
MrPluszu wrote:
Update. Not much changed I would say, swapped boots/gloves. Killed my first Sirus on this build in 4 portals but 2 were kinda bullshit kills the second I appeared on arena. :P

Doing t14-t16 maps rn and I guess I am trying more to boost my survivality. Swapped to kintsugi and small cluster that gives me endurance charges (also I have 1 large + 2 medium for damage). I run Forbidden Taste for insta heal and 10/10 more dodge (I have +28% normal chaos res and +75% chaos over time res), dunno how I feel about it for now, we will see. Wanted to swap to pathfinder for better bossing but mapping feels kinda meh on it and it's like 90% of the game so I gave up on that.

I like the build but dodge/evasion mechanics mean I will get one-shot every now and then with I don't like but mostly I die to me being lazy or standing still like a retard. Mostly I stopped enjoying the dps, yea movement is cool and all on bosses but we run out of flasks and then you just die.

Regarding the delirium, I have done 2 similacrums. One for full 20 and one for 19. Up to wave 18 its a walk in the park for this build, even with bosses but Kosis or double boss on wave 20 gives like 90% chance to wipe the whole run for me bcs of super low dps on the boss. :/

If anyone sees any improvements I can make to the char (WhereIsMySnek), let me know.

Cheers.

I checked your profile. Still a lot of improvements that you can make. Pretty much every piece of your gear can go one step further for smoother endgame. Get endgame bow according to the guide with lvl 4 empower to boost CA to lvl 28 for example. Or CA lab enchant on helmet. You can also get a quiver with additional pierce as the guide suggests, then you can drop the pierce nodes in the tree and invest those points into more life. You can also grab two more jewel sockets on your tree easily to get 2x 7% life on jewel + some other stats. Also, for that small cluster jewel you use I suggest you to use Fettle notable on 4% life base, armour is useless for this build. Defensively you need to get your links together and use more defensive auras, not just Vaal Grace. Try out Flesh and stone / Aspect of the crab, those help a lot with survivability.

Feel free to check my profile and have a look at my gear/tree/gems.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Apr 3, 2020, 9:09:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info