[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Fixed it, should be public now. Char is -> WhereIsMySnek

1) I have 20/20 so far
2) I have empower lvl 3 but dunno what I should replace, when I swap it with full life (Lvl 18) it drops my tooltip dmg. Or is it wrong?
3) Yep +3 with chaos multi (crafted)
4/5) I was using that potion with despair aura but starting yellow maps I also have frenzy curse on hit set up.

You should definitely use lvl 21/0 CA over 20/20, you gain damage by swapping it. 20% qual is just some small aoe increase.

You shouldn't need dream fragments tbh. Phase run or quartz flask = immune to freeze (and chill, shock, ignite). Plus once you start killing you should have phasing perma anyway.

Anoint your neck.

Work towards glove / amulet upgrade.

Also I can't see if you have any cluster jewels (when I preview your char it looks like empty socket above acro, not sure if bugged or not), I'd say consider them because while 10/10 jewels cost exalts 7/10 jewels are dirt cheap and still fairly effective (by that I mean how good they are in comparison to "perfect" one).
Cool, I started puting points into that jewel socket exactly for that, I saw some chaos jewels give a nice dps boost. I ll do my best to swap what you pointed out now that I have some cash. Thank you. :)
Hello again my dudes.

I d like to ask, what would you recommend for Sirus fight. I actually failed my second attempt, so I am going to re-spawn guardians and try again. Are there any recommendations for different flask setup or gem setup against him? I got the corrupted blood jewel and correct pantheons but I dont know if there is anything else I could do different. As for the fight it did not feel that bad apart from the last phase which seems very chaotic. As I skipped last few leagues this endgame is completely new to me thats why I am just bad mechanically at the fight I suppose. So yes thanks for any tips, especially how to get through the last phase. I did not have any problem to get him to 25%.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Amethalia wrote:
I do always have trouble capping my evade chance, any tips?
Did you count the 30% chance during onslaught (avatar of the chase)? When I import your char to POB and tick onslaught, you're at 95% cap.

Huh POB says that too (I hadn't use POB to check evasion). I was using in game, which when I head into a map and shoot some guys and pop all flasks (I have onslaught) shows 52k evasion with 83% chance to evade attacks. I trust POB though, so good to know I'm already capped.[/quote]
Last edited by Amethalia on Mar 29, 2020, 6:42:22 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
I understand the urge to just deep dive and play with no tutorials, and sometimes you crash (I've seen people who reached lvl 50+ without using support gems to their main skill), but maybe because I'm a casual player I'd be scared to yolo 3 exalts. Your guide is already well detailed in comparison, for example I've seen in another thread (CA trickster) a person waste their currency because they tried to exalt slam a 1-suffix bow, got a 3rd suffix, RIP.

Honestly this whole situation was overexaggerated. Soon it's going to be gone. I just need 1 more chaos DoT multi unveil for T3 and i can finally replace that damn bow. Unfortunately i run out of everything that can give me veiled items as a reward...

Out of curiosity i quickly found the situation you mentioned. I know precisely what went wrong. Guide doesn't mention you need 2 mods before you regal. That guy had +2 bow without a suffix, then regaled the suffix and proceed to craft +1 to all gems. He did not do anything wrong. The only thing he could do is slam again for now guaranteed +1 gems, it was a waste of 1ex pretty much.

"
JensLynild wrote:
Spoiler
I really cant seem to craft the "Nearby Enemies have -#% to Chaos Resistance" - am I doing something wrong? Last league it was so easy.

I have my ilvl 82 hunter-influenced Lion Pelt - and i have spammed it with abberant fossils - but nothing. I have done it at least 50 times now :D Have I missed something?

I just checked the odds and well, it doesn't look good. GGG nerfed the weighting of the mod by extreme amounts. It's now 8 times as rare than before (according to PoEDB). However your problem comes from low item level, you need ilvl 85 to roll that mod. Seems like i'll have to add requirement for each gear piece...

"
Amethalia wrote:
Spoiler
Love the build, played it multiple leagues and once to 95.

Want to call out that I’ve been using QotF for mapping on Raider soft core over Kintsugi, and only switching to Kintsugi for the harder fights (Sirus). Can’t get enough of that move speed, and let’s face it, this build is top tier for clearing but mediocre for single target.

I do always have trouble capping my evade chance, any tips? Elder rings were nerfed from 5% to 3% so that hurts, and i think the mod was made rarer (feels that way over 1000 alts this league anyway). I’m still running grace at 92 and am just under the cap (I think I’m 90%?).

FAQ: How do i know that i'm evade chance capped?
A: Check your character sheet (C) and find estimated chance to evade attacks. With flasks activated you need ~73% to be capped. That's assuming you have onslaught buff active which enables Raider's 30% more chance to evade. That buff is not included in those calculations.

I did not include 15% less monster accuracy while phasing debuff as it should be treated as an extra buffer against certain monster/map mods.

"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Spoiler
Hello again my dudes.

I d like to ask, what would you recommend for Sirus fight. I actually failed my second attempt, so I am going to re-spawn guardians and try again. Are there any recommendations for different flask setup or gem setup against him? I got the corrupted blood jewel and correct pantheons but I dont know if there is anything else I could do different. As for the fight it did not feel that bad apart from the last phase which seems very chaotic. As I skipped last few leagues this endgame is completely new to me thats why I am just bad mechanically at the fight I suppose. So yes thanks for any tips, especially how to get through the last phase. I did not have any problem to get him to 25%.

This is mostly a mechanical fight, you have to know his every move and how to counter it. However the fight just got significantly harder this league and i didn't try it yet. Your main issue should be the "Die" laser combo, usually combined with Sirus teleporting away shortly before it. You're in luck because today i've read a VERY valuable info piece - before teleportation Sirus will turn to that direction for a brief moment. This allows you to quickly reposition yourself in order to avoid his most deadly move. That's basically everything you should know. As long as you play it correctly, you should take minimal damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I finally managed to get my ilvl 85 helmet and this was the best crafting i could do with the currency i had

I have good dps, but need som survival, dunno which item to focus on

"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
Since it seems to be a recurring problem / misunderstanding, maybe it's better to add "and no influence on the bow", I think people don't realize that the influence is not only not beneficial, but straight out detrimental since the recent changes that added extra mods to the pool.

I can add it, but it won't really change anything until i swap the bow for non-influenced one. Do you remember many situations from last league? The requirement in 3.9 used to be "6-linked bow ilvl 86+ OR Warlord influenced ilvl 82+", and people kept showcasing their elder bows regardless. Last league it was easy fix with high chance of success, but this league GGG added extra 2 mods that aren't attacks.

People don't want to read, they want to play. I have a friend who does the same thing. He boots up new game, skips tutorial and few minutes later he's cursing the game because he doesn't know what do or what's going on. There's so many things i must do (or any game developer) in order to protect people from themselves it's easy to miss small things like this. It's especially problematic that almost everything i write is obvious to me.

Back to our current situation. Our friend here simply became victim of the unupdated bow. He saw, he copied. Metamorph league was quite rough to me and i died before properly finished the actual 3.9 bow, died with it later on my 2nd character on top of it i believe. Currently i'm very close to finishing a bow in delirium, i just need +2 support gems craft and to find last bits of chaos DoT multi craft. Once i do i can finally update the bow and i can GUARANTEE all the elder bow cases will cease. I'll add the "non-influenced" part just to be sure.

"
Tetrad wrote:
I think the main problem is they just don't properly read the guide. That is the reason why we always see recurring questions and mistakes being posted here. They just go to page 1 and copy pasta POB.

There's really not that many recurring questions/problems anymore. I do answer nearly everything in the guide nowadays (i had whole 2 years to reach this level) and people can find answer if they only want to. It helps the guide and build is VERY beginner friendly and simple.

"
Viktranka wrote:
I wish to believe in some cases it was a honest mistake like "if no influence was mentioned then I can use any influence without a difference".

The point is, there's absolutely no reason to use influenced bow over your good old ilvl 100 6-link Imperial. Why spend whole league's worth of fusings when you can spend 20c instead? It's pointless and nobody who actually read the guidelines should do that. It could only happen if somebody takes example bow as the guideline.

It's not necessarily that people don't want to read. If you write "6-linked bow ilvl 86+" in the guide, that to me includes all the influences as well. Yes, an influenced bow is more expensive, but that's irrelevant for the accuracy of the statement (also maybe I am not buying it). This is especially important if you market this build as a "beginner friendly".

Furthermore, if you write "6-linked bow ilvl 86+ OR Warlord influenced ilvl 82+", then I would definitely think that it includes the influence... because otherwise why would you even mention the Warlord influence specifically? You would do it to illustrate the fact that if you want to use a lower ilevel, it can be a Warlord influence. So, the statement translates to: "6-linked bow; ilevel 82-85 with a Warlord influece OR 86+ with any or no influence".

When people are reading the guide, they are making all sorts of assumptions that you might not be aware of. So, by trying to make things simpler by leaving out these nuances, you might be making it worse. Especially if you set an expectation of a fully optimized and accurate guide.

I also suggest that you mention that it cannot be mirrored or corrupted.
Was not able to kill the boss but wow this build cruises to wave 20 of the simulacrum.
"
JensLynild wrote:
Spoiler
I finally managed to get my ilvl 85 helmet and this was the best crafting i could do with the currency i had

I have good dps, but need som survival, dunno which item to focus on

Elder boots, Aspect of the Crab, Hunter/Elder belt are the primary defensive crafts.

"
Spoiler
It's not necessarily that people don't want to read. If you write "6-linked bow ilvl 86+" in the guide, that to me includes all the influences as well. Yes, an influenced bow is more expensive, but that's irrelevant for the accuracy of the statement (also maybe I am not buying it). This is especially important if you market this build as a "beginner friendly".

Furthermore, if you write "6-linked bow ilvl 86+ OR Warlord influenced ilvl 82+", then I would definitely think that it includes the influence... because otherwise why would you even mention the Warlord influence specifically? You would do it to illustrate the fact that if you want to use a lower ilevel, it can be a Warlord influence. So, the statement translates to: "6-linked bow; ilevel 82-85 with a Warlord influece OR 86+ with any or no influence".

When people are reading the guide, they are making all sorts of assumptions that you might not be aware of. So, by trying to make things simpler by leaving out these nuances, you might be making it worse. Especially if you set an expectation of a fully optimized and accurate guide.

I also suggest that you mention that it cannot be mirrored or corrupted.

I wish this topic could just end already...

Yes, i'm aware this could be interpret as any influence. However i have yet to hear any reason why would you want an influenced bow, other than simple recolour if you care about aesthetics (Shaper+Redeemer influence looks pretty!). There's simply no point of wasting your money. I am absolutely positive no beginner will have enough money to get influenced 6-link bow or would even try to do so when cheap versions exist.

Nitpicking attempt was pointless. To be even more precise, i also mentioned "(or both for higher chance)" or something similar at the end. This extra bit completely nullifies everything what you said because it clearly suggests no other influences are compatible.

Your conclusion in third paragraph is insulting and completely ignorant. I'm not even going to comment on it.

"
shadowscion wrote:
Was not able to kill the boss but wow this build cruises to wave 20 of the simulacrum.

Does it? I didn't try the Simulacrum yet because i heard the boss is extremely dangerous and oneshots everybody. I could transfer my splinters to standard to try it out i guess, i have over 1000 at this point.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 30, 2020, 6:56:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info