[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

So I have a question about my bow, i can afford to craft the plus 2 to all support gems, would this increase my damage by much larger amount than chaos damage over time multiplier?

I'm trying to think of why i would not do this, Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
"
DarkWolfGod32 wrote:

So I have a question about my bow, i can afford to craft the plus 2 to all support gems, would this increase my damage by much larger amount than chaos damage over time multiplier?

You cannot craft +2 to support gems on a bow that has already + to bow gems mod, they're mutually exclusive.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 30, 2020, 9:12:06 PM
DankawSL:

"6-linked bow ilvl 86+ OR Warlord influenced ilvl 82+ OR both for higher chance" doesn't imply (to me) that a non-Warlord influenced 86+ bow isn't included (with a lower chance... the same chance as an 86+ non-influenced bow).

Anyway, I was not trying to be condescending or insulting, I was trying to be helpful, so I am sorry about this whole interaction. Your guide, your way of doing things.
Last edited by ivanbili on Mar 30, 2020, 9:29:42 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
DarkWolfGod32 wrote:

You cannot craft +2 to support gems on a bow that has already + to bow gems mod, they're mutually exclusive.

Thanks for clarifying! that makes a lot of sense haha!
March 31st, 2020
Crafting Section:
* Updated example bow for End Game Bow.
* Added item level requirement for all influenced mods.
* Specified that bows should be non-influenced. I am deeply disappointed i had to add this after 2 years of nobody having any issues with the wording.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
First of all, fantastic guide - thank you for all your hard work on this, I've learned a lot.

I had a question about the end game bow craft section: doesn't it cost 6-8 exalts (not 6-7), or am I doing something wrong? Sincerely asking, I don't want to waste an exalt...

Let's imagine you get lucky like I did and through alt spam + regal you get +1 arrows and t1 DoT multi, along with a trash prefix. At that point you have to do the following, per your guide:

craft suffixes cant be changed (2ex) and scour;
craft can't roll attack mods (1ex)
slam with exalt (1ex) for +1 gems
craft multimod (2ex)
craft +2 support gems (2ex)
finish with chaos dot multi.

The total there is 8ex. The only way you avoid spending 8ex is if you alt spammed into one good suffix and no prefix, then regaled into the second suffix of choice, in which case you dont have to bother with removing the prefix and only spend 6ex.

But the risk is that by doing so, you somewhat increase the odds that your regal hits a prefix. I'm not sure in theory if the math plays out well there (your chances of getting a suffix on regal goes from 50/50 to 40/60 against, but if you hit a good suffix, you save 2ex). I wonder if it makes sense to aug first just for the better odds?
"
Rhaolith wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, fantastic guide - thank you for all your hard work on this, I've learned a lot.

I had a question about the end game bow craft section: doesn't it cost 6-8 exalts (not 6-7), or am I doing something wrong? Sincerely asking, I don't want to waste an exalt...

Let's imagine you get lucky like I did and through alt spam + regal you get +1 arrows and t1 DoT multi, along with a trash prefix. At that point you have to do the following, per your guide:

craft suffixes cant be changed (2ex) and scour;
craft can't roll attack mods (1ex)
slam with exalt (1ex) for +1 gems
craft multimod (2ex)
craft +2 support gems (2ex)
finish with chaos dot multi.

The total there is 8ex. The only way you avoid spending 8ex is if you alt spammed into one good suffix and no prefix, then regaled into the second suffix of choice, in which case you dont have to bother with removing the prefix and only spend 6ex.

But the risk is that by doing so, you somewhat increase the odds that your regal hits a prefix. I'm not sure in theory if the math plays out well there (your chances of getting a suffix on regal goes from 50/50 to 40/60 against, but if you hit a good suffix, you save 2ex). I wonder if it makes sense to aug first just for the better odds?

Since forever i remembered "Suffixes cannot be changed" costs less that prefix version, that would be 1ex like i mentioned in the guide. However it seems that it's no longer the case... or it wasn't the case to begin with. I checked 3.5 and pre-3.5 cost and it seems to always cost 2ex. I don't know how did i not notice that earlier. I guess i'll correct it.

There is never a reason to aug in that situation. What you can do is to craft a prefix (fire/light/cold damage) on bench and then regal. The chance to hit desired mod increases by ~9-10%, so from ~0,7% chance or something it becomes ~0,77%. Also considering that if you always aug the bow if you hit prefix, the chance of rolling only a good suffix is ~25%, which translates to ~2,5% increased chance of rolling the mod. I did not include that for simplicity sake, low impact and overall low cost reduction compared to amount of money you need to craft the bow in the first place.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 31, 2020, 6:54:14 PM
Makes sense - thanks for clarifying. I didn't even think about crafting a cheap prefix but it's clearly the best solution in that situation, good call :)
I'm glad that I found this build, I'm really enjoying it so far!

I'm still upgrading my gear, to get most of this build, just wanted to ask on which items I should put my effort/focus now, any suggestions? :)

Also I need to switch flasks, but it isn't my priority now :) Thank you for your suggestions :)
"
Om3nov wrote:
I'm still upgrading my gear, to get most of this build, just wanted to ask on which items I should put my effort/focus now, any suggestions? :)
Uh you have wrong gem in bow, it should be swift affliction, not swift assembly.

Next thing I'd buy would be lvl 21 caustic arrow and then probably quiver upgrade. I'd also change the boots, they have only 1 innate resist and are ES base.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 1, 2020, 11:09:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info