[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
shadowscion wrote:

The slam added that instead of +1. What did I do wrong?
Do not use Elder bow. Elder bow died in 3.9.
That would have been great info to know beforehand.
"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Spoiler
Yes regen might be a problem since we have no way to leech with CA. I will see, maybe I will try it out. On the other hand we can also get 2x Fettle notable on small cluster jewels for 10% life and +20 flat life each +4% life on their small nodes. Thats 40 flat +28% life so that also could be a nice boost to life without the need to re-path.

One more question for you buddy. So far I think lvl 82 cluster tree is enough to play around with jewels, however, do you advise to try lvl 70 tree that you mentioned after updating PoB? I am currently playing on my mac through Geforce NOW so I dont have access to your PoB link and cant see the numbers myself. Let me know what you think.

In general i don't think small cluster jewels are too good. Simply using normal jewels feels more efficient

"
shadowscion wrote:
Spoiler

The slam added that instead of +1. What did I do wrong?

You already know the answer. I precisely say "Required: 6-linked bow ilvl 86+". I don't mention the influence at all. In no case you should've ever crafted 6-link elder base that costs probably as much as you just lost by an unsuccessful craft. What's the point of using multiple ex base when you can use 20c base instead?

To repeat what i said few hours ago to another person: obviously you looked at the example bow and copied without reading. However i'm not always capable of crafting a new perfect bow in SSF every league. The process and influences change almost every 3 months. Text is always going to be more reliable because i can update it any time.

If you sell your bow right now, it's gonna be as if you never wasted exalts on the craft. After all, you were about to totally waste 3ex worth crafting base.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 27, 2020, 7:56:38 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
I precisely say "Required: 6-linked bow ilvl 86+". I don't mention the influence at all.
Since it seems to be a recurring problem / misunderstanding, maybe it's better to add "and no influence on the bow", I think people don't realize that the influence is not only not beneficial, but straight out detrimental since the recent changes that added extra mods to the pool.
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
DankawSL wrote:

I'm sorry guys if I overreacted to the crafting mistake. I really do appreciate you guys from helping them when they read the guide and try out the build. I just get triggered when I see someone mistakenly craft items and then ask why this happened, and I directly think that they don't usually read the guide properly at least.

Do you guys think that this kind of mistake occur when they hover at the endgame bow crafting section where it showcases an elder influenced bow made them think that it is an option?

End Game Bow crafting
Spoiler
Last edited by Tetrad on Mar 28, 2020, 11:02:41 AM
"
Tetrad wrote:
I think the main problem is they just don't properly read the guide. That is the reason why we always see recurring questions and mistakes being posted here. They just go to page 1 and copy pasta POB.

I wish to believe in some cases it was a honest mistake like "if no influence was mentioned then I can use any influence without a difference".
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 27, 2020, 10:43:35 PM
Question: what's your thoughts on Fox Fortune vs Kintsugi https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fox%27s_Fortune
"
Tetrad wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:

I think the main problem is they just don't properly read the guide. That is the reason why we always see recurring questions and mistakes being posted here. They just go to page 1 and copy pasta POB.

I read it, over and over in fact, as to not make a mistake because crafting is confusing to me. The fact that the word "influence" never appears in the guide means nothing if the image of the finished bow has influence on it.
"
NoxKerena wrote:
Question: what's your thoughts on Fox Fortune vs Kintsugi https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fox%27s_Fortune
Has no life on it. That's a big downside for a chest piece.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Since it seems to be a recurring problem / misunderstanding, maybe it's better to add "and no influence on the bow", I think people don't realize that the influence is not only not beneficial, but straight out detrimental since the recent changes that added extra mods to the pool.

I can add it, but it won't really change anything until i swap the bow for non-influenced one. Do you remember many situations from last league? The requirement in 3.9 used to be "6-linked bow ilvl 86+ OR Warlord influenced ilvl 82+", and people kept showcasing their elder bows regardless. Last league it was easy fix with high chance of success, but this league GGG added extra 2 mods that aren't attacks.

People don't want to read, they want to play. I have a friend who does the same thing. He boots up new game, skips tutorial and few minutes later he's cursing the game because he doesn't know what do or what's going on. There's so many things i must do (or any game developer) in order to protect people from themselves it's easy to miss small things like this. It's especially problematic that almost everything i write is obvious to me.

Back to our current situation. Our friend here simply became victim of the unupdated bow. He saw, he copied. Metamorph league was quite rough to me and i died before properly finished the actual 3.9 bow, died with it later on my 2nd character on top of it i believe. Currently i'm very close to finishing a bow in delirium, i just need +2 support gems craft and to find last bits of chaos DoT multi craft. Once i do i can finally update the bow and i can GUARANTEE all the elder bow cases will cease. I'll add the "non-influenced" part just to be sure.

"
Tetrad wrote:

There's really not that many recurring questions/problems anymore. I do answer nearly everything in the guide nowadays (i had whole 2 years to reach this level) and people can find answer if they only want to. It helps the guide and build is VERY beginner friendly and simple.

"
Viktranka wrote:
I wish to believe in some cases it was a honest mistake like "if no influence was mentioned then I can use any influence without a difference".

The point is, there's absolutely no reason to use influenced bow over your good old ilvl 100 6-link Imperial. Why spend whole league's worth of fusings when you can spend 20c instead? It's pointless and nobody who actually read the guidelines should do that. It could only happen if somebody takes example bow as the guideline.

"
NoxKerena wrote:

No life, overkill amount of evasion that you can't always rely on and the unlucky effect is also unreliable and worse in most cases. Simply a downgrade.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 28, 2020, 10:23:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info