[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"

Hey, this is the first league I try to craft something myself.

I've had this "Bow attacks fire an additional arrow" come twice, is there actually something better than this? I read +2 arrows but I can't find a suffix like that on POE DB for this elder based bow.

Does it still exist or is this the suffix that I need?

- Osborn.

It does indeed to to 2. I'm not sure what the specific requirement is but I just followed OP's instructions and got an ilvl 86 bow and was lucky enough to roll 2 arrows on it. Unfinished but yeah. Perhaps the mod is newer? I haven't seen it on any of the available crafting simulators either.

Last edited by shadowscion on Mar 27, 2020, 8:55:48 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.10.0/AAAABAIBAABeAO4DogW1BucHHgguDkgRlhLxFSAWvxmOGo0fQSLqI_YknSU_JogmlSpNKlss6S1NL3IwcTB8MgE1kjY9OkI64Ty-PydEDUlRSshLeE2STeNRR1LsVUtbJlxAXfJeRV9wYeJh62JaYqxrkGyMbWxuqnGhdZ52gnn2elN9dX_7g22Gs4fLjDaNfY2_j0-P-pUumFObjZwCnaqjiqQFplenm7Ewshm00bUItUi18rcwwuzIDMjwzxXPetN-1CPWVNi92NXdqOd06Fro1u2D7g7vevDV8kX2o_rr_gr-j_66

So I tried to play with lvl 82 cluster jewel tree a bit. Wouldnt you say this pathing towards scion life nodes would be good this league? we get 50% life from those nodes compared to 34% when pathing towards duelist nodes, yes we lose some dmg nodes but avatar of the hunt can be picked for that 54% DoT with bow skills plus we get some evasion and resists too and we can pick up a jewel socket on the way. What do u guys think? I was just thinking that even more life paired with acro and phase acro would be a good defence layer for this league. Especially because cluster jewels add a nice boost to dmg anyway so maybe it is not necessary to path towards duelist? Will appreciate any feedback. And btw thanks for the guide again I am having a blast with my raider!

Edit: Also forgot to mention that this way we save 2 passive points compared to lvl 82 cluster jewel tree which can be utilised for cluster jewel use.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Mar 27, 2020, 8:55:19 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
Spoiler
I'm sure this is talked about somewhere but this thread is 212 pages...

Whats the benefit of Raider for CA? Other than zoom zoom what are you really getting from it than anything else? I dont dislike raider it just seems like it not really something that syngergizes with an ability like CA.

unless I' wrong, Ca doesnt stack damage ontop itself by reapplying so super fast attack speed doesnt seem like it'll be much of a benefit

The very first paragraph of the guide says:

Starting with the most important question: "Why Raider of all classes?"

"
Spoiler

I've had this "Bow attacks fire an additional arrow" come twice, is there actually something better than this? I read +2 arrows but I can't find a suffix like that on POE DB for this elder based bow.

- Osborn.

You looked at example bow from earlier league and copied it without looking at the actual important part of the crafting:

Required: 6-linked bow ilvl 86+

I repeat that in every crafting method. It's easy to change the text, but printing multiple exalt bow each league is quite taxing if you're not playing trade league.

"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.10.0/AAAABAIBAABeAO4DogW1BucHHgguDkgRlhLxFSAWvxmOGo0fQSLqI_YknSU_JogmlSpNKlss6S1NL3IwcTB8MgE1kjY9OkI64Ty-PydEDUlRSshLeE2STeNRR1LsVUtbJlxAXfJeRV9wYeJh62JaYqxrkGyMbWxuqnGhdZ52gnn2elN9dX_7g22Gs4fLjDaNfY2_j0-P-pUumFObjZwCnaqjiqQFplenm7Ewshm00bUItUi18rcwwuzIDMjwzxXPetN-1CPWVNi92NXdqOd06Fro1u2D7g7vevDV8kX2o_rr_gr-j_66

So I tried to play with lvl 82 cluster jewel tree a bit. Wouldnt you say this pathing towards scion life nodes would be good this league? we get 50% life from those nodes compared to 34% when pathing towards duelist nodes, yes we lose some dmg nodes but avatar of the hunt can be picked for that 54% DoT with bow skills plus we get some evasion and resists too and we can pick up a jewel socket on the way. What do u guys think? I was just thinking that even more life paired with acro and phase acro would be a good defence layer for this league. Especially because cluster jewels add a nice boost to dmg anyway so maybe it is not necessary to path towards duelist? Will appreciate any feedback. And btw thanks for the guide again I am having a blast with my raider!

Edit: Also forgot to mention that this way we save 2 passive points compared to lvl 82 cluster jewel tree which can be utilised for cluster jewel use.

Quickly checked, this is more or less the same but you're losing a lot of QoL stuff and whole 2,6% life regen. However if you were to pick Profane Chemistry instead of Avatar of the Hunt... that's more tempting in my opinion.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 27, 2020, 9:05:21 AM
"
shadowscion wrote:
Spoiler
"

- Osborn.

It does indeed to to 2. I'm not sure what the specific requirement is but I just followed OP's instructions and got an ilvl 86 bow and was lucky enough to roll 2 arrows on it. Unfinished but yeah. Perhaps the mod is newer? I haven't seen it on any of the available crafting simulators either.

Thank you for reassuring me that it exists.

I looked at Elder Mods on Poe DB which is why I couldn't find it, the +2 arrows mod is just a base mod for ilvl 86 bows.

Time to throw more alterations at it.. :/
"
Quickly checked, this is more or less the same but you're losing a lot of QoL stuff and whole 2,6% life regen. However if you were to pick Profane Chemistry instead of Avatar of the Hunt... that's more tempting in my opinion.

Yes regen might be a problem since we have no way to leech with CA. I will see, maybe I will try it out. On the other hand we can also get 2x Fettle notable on small cluster jewels for 10% life and +20 flat life each +4% life on their small nodes. Thats 40 flat +28% life so that also could be a nice boost to life without the need to re-path.

One more question for you buddy. So far I think lvl 82 cluster tree is enough to play around with jewels, however, do you advise to try lvl 70 tree that you mentioned after updating PoB? I am currently playing on my mac through Geforce NOW so I dont have access to your PoB link and cant see the numbers myself. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Mar 27, 2020, 9:22:32 AM
Hello everyone, sorry for the bad English, how can I increase the damage to bosses?
"
Hello everyone, sorry for the bad English, how can I increase the damage to bosses?

I checked your profile, you have similar setup to mine right now. For my next upgrade I am looking for lvl 4 empower, that might help a bit with single target. Also you can buy awakened support gems and watchers eye with dot when affected by malevolence roll. These all together should be around 20+ exalts. There is always something to upgrade to improve single target, but its not a bosskiller build so you can only go so far.
"
drobecdrobny wrote:
watchers eye with dot when affected by malevolence roll.
Why is this 15ex this season... :( Yeah I know all the ED tricksters... but it was 10ex in legion when ED tricksters were farming glacier 24/7. I guess the atlas changes made it much less accessible.

Also @Aamon40 you can try to get a stygian vise crafted with aberrant fossils for increased chaos damage, you have one with elemental damage atm which is sub optimal. Also I'd look into getting a hunter quiver with at least 1 dot mod, optimal is 2 (dot multi suffix + chaos dot multi prefix), yours gives you extra arrow but not any extra damage, so for bossing probably better to get one with dot multi.
"
Also @Aamon40 you can try to get a stygian vise crafted with aberrant fossils for increased chaos damage, you have one with elemental damage atm which is sub optimal. Also I'd look into getting a hunter quiver with at least 1 dot mod, optimal is 2 (dot multi suffix + chaos dot multi prefix), yours gives you extra arrow but not any extra damage, so for bossing probably better to get one with dot multi.

What you can also do is to use Cherrubims as a chest instead of Kintsugi to improve damage I guess..

The slam added that instead of +1. What did I do wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info