[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
ohhhhbeeee wrote:
Can you still do plus three bow crafting with the fossil method it shows in the first post? It says only end game bow crafting and hunter quiver are up to date so I just want to make sure.

It is still possible to craft +3 bows, even +4 is possible. Crafted this beast today with fossils.

How you think this bow would fit in build? and what should be the second craft on that bow?

I saw there is a hunter suffix mod "physical convert to chaos damage". How can it improve the build?
dins
Last edited by Lappis on Mar 22, 2020, 1:06:27 PM
So I am crafting the endgame bow with +2 arrows but no DoT multiplier. I screwed up the crafting process, yolo annuled out an unwanted prefix and now can craft the suffix I want after chaos over time multiplier and socketed support gems.

Which one of available suffixes to craft is the best dps in that scenario? Is it attack speed?
Hi want do you think of Maloney's Mechanism ?
March 23rd, 2020
Passive Tree:
* Heavy investment cluster tree no longer takes pierce notables, making it a lvl 58 tree. You need quiver with total +2 pierces to make use of it.

Path of Building:
* Huge PoB build update! For convenience: https://pastebin.com/QmtAvq4b
* Added 2nd gear setup with very expensive but obtainable gear.
* Added 2nd CA gem setup with Awakened gems and Empower 4 by default to use with new gear setup.
* Added suggested cluster jewels to the build and passive trees.
* Removed almost all "clutter" mods from gear.
* Jade Flask, which is already actived for evade chance purposes, now also removes ability to inflict Bleed/Poison/Crits to reduce clutter when comparing passive trees. They don't matter in the slightest.

==================

About time. Took more work than i expected (common occurence to whatever i touch) but it's done. Level 70 cluster jewel tree looks a bit... ridiculous if you ask me. In reality it's closer to 40% more DPS over optimal lvl 100 passive tree in exchange for quite big loss of life. In the end they're really strong and their main strength comes from things you don't see in PoB's tree comparisons.

"
Lappis wrote:
Spoiler
It is still possible to craft +3 bows, even +4 is possible. Crafted this beast today with fossils.

How you think this bow would fit in build? and what should be the second craft on that bow?

I saw there is a hunter suffix mod "physical convert to chaos damage". How can it improve the build?

There's no reason to craft the bows using Faceted fossil. +2 arrows mod is such amazing QoL/clear speed improvement you shouldn't give it up. Not to mention you can get +2 gems from an amulet, and after level 30 the damage increase per level drops significantly.

Attack Speed is optimal craft, especially since you used a really awful bow base.

That mod is useless since the build scales DoT damage, not the hit.

"
PATthePOWER wrote:
Spoiler
So I am crafting the endgame bow with +2 arrows but no DoT multiplier. I screwed up the crafting process, yolo annuled out an unwanted prefix and now can craft the suffix I want after chaos over time multiplier and socketed support gems.

Which one of available suffixes to craft is the best dps in that scenario? Is it attack speed?

Since few leagues now you cannot craft more than 3 mods, this includes the multicraft itself. You didn't really brick the bow. Only thing you can do now is to proceed with crafting:

* If you still have any prefix, beastcraft "add suffix, remove prefix"
* If you don't have prefixes, go to step 4. You will almost certainly have to slam exalt twice since you're missing a 2nd non-crafted suffix. It's still worth since +2 arrows should appear like 1 in 1000 alterations.

"
cleant wrote:
Hi want do you think of Maloney's Mechanism ?

The only thing it's good for is to curse automatically during mapping, there shouldn't be a need for that. It's pretty much pointless to use it compared to well crafted hunter influenced bow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi!

Started this league with this build (SSF, SC). Like the build, love the guide! Well written, good depth, great job!

My biggest problem currently is without a doubt single target damage. I already switch from Efficacy to ConcEffect for bigger bosses, but my 5L +2 Bow will only take me so far I guess...

If I dont get lucky and drop a 6L Bow anytime soon, what base should I throw my fusings at?
I'm leaning Thicket for max attack speed, but maybe Maraketh for even more movement speed?
Info: I aim for a +3 6L, the plus to arrows seems a bit to ambitious for SSF and I already have the exalts ready to go once I get the 6linking done...

Survivability is fine in early red maps (delirium needs lots of attention but doable) and I have quite some room to improve on HP on some mediocre gear pieces. So I can certainly recommend this build for other SSF exiles.

Stay safe guys!
"
BVB_1909 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi!

Started this league with this build (SSF, SC). Like the build, love the guide! Well written, good depth, great job!

My biggest problem currently is without a doubt single target damage. I already switch from Efficacy to ConcEffect for bigger bosses, but my 5L +2 Bow will only take me so far I guess...

If I dont get lucky and drop a 6L Bow anytime soon, what base should I throw my fusings at?
I'm leaning Thicket for max attack speed, but maybe Maraketh for even more movement speed?
Info: I aim for a +3 6L, the plus to arrows seems a bit to ambitious for SSF and I already have the exalts ready to go once I get the 6linking done...

Survivability is fine in early red maps (delirium needs lots of attention but doable) and I have quite some room to improve on HP on some mediocre gear pieces. So I can certainly recommend this build for other SSF exiles.

Stay safe guys!

6-link bow is not a problem. With right atlas setup you can "print them" in just 3-4 hours. Simply farm Desert or Dunes for Imperial Legacy card. I already farmed 3 sets this league.

With enough playtime it's definitely possible to get +2 arrow bow. I've done it in the past. It is an end game project tho.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
BVB_1909 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi!

Stay safe guys!

6-link bow is not a problem. With right atlas setup you can "print them" in just 3-4 hours. Simply farm Desert or Dunes for Imperial Legacy card. I already farmed 3 sets this league.

With enough playtime it's definitely possible to get +2 arrow bow. I've done it in the past. It is an end game project tho.
Probably the more rational approach to farm the cards.
Then again, all it takes is one lucky fusing orb (or well... 280 unlucky ones and one lucky one)

Nearly doubled my former DoT-Dps, even without the T1 craft.
I'm sure this is talked about somewhere but this thread is 212 pages...

Whats the benefit of Raider for CA? Other than zoom zoom what are you really getting from it than anything else? I dont dislike raider it just seems like it not really something that syngergizes with an ability like CA.

unless I' wrong, Ca doesnt stack damage ontop itself by reapplying so super fast attack speed doesnt seem like it'll be much of a benefit
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Mar 26, 2020, 6:43:14 PM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
Whats the benefit of Raider for CA? Other than zoom zoom what are you really getting from it than anything else? I dont dislike raider it just seems like it not really something that syngergizes with an ability like CA.
You're right, raider doesn't offer any specific "buff" for chaos dot abilities unlike trickster, pathfinder or occultist.

I think it's explained somewhere in the guide, but the reason "why raider" is basically the author plays SSF HC and wanted a defensive oriented ascendancy. Raider offers a lot of evasion and dodge, also elemental ailment immunity, so it fulfills that goal.

Better question would be, why pick caustic arrow out of all skills? One reason is probably that it doesn't require specific uniques so it's SSF viable, most essential items can be self-crafted or self-farmed. Another reason is that chaos dots have very narrow array of stats required to scale dps (basically gem levels and chaos / dot damage) so you can put a lot of your gear budget into defensive stats, meanwhile for example crit based elemental bow builds end up using so much of item budget to scale dps that these ranger builds are notoriously squishy.

If you play softcore trade, then some of the above reasons will not be relevant to your playstyle.

There is a section named "alternative ascendancies" in the guide that lists some of the options, the most "synergy" with the skill you'd get out of trickster, but personally I would probably go CI route with Trickster instead of life-based, the whole synergy with ES and ghost shrouds would be a shame to waste it.

Hey, this is the first league I try to craft something myself.

I've had this "Bow attacks fire an additional arrow" come twice, is there actually something better than this? I read +2 arrows but I can't find a suffix like that on POE DB for this elder based bow.

Does it still exist or is this the suffix that I need?

- Osborn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info