[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hello i just made this bow, and would like to know if it's somehow possible to craft +2 to bow gems, or if i should start over.
Last edited by niemand12 on Mar 17, 2020, 9:18:06 PM
"
niemand12 wrote:
Hello i just made this bow, and would like to know if it's somehow possible to craft +2 to bow gems, or if i should start over.
This looks like a good bow!

Arrow + attack speed are suffix and +1 to socketed gems is prefix, so all you need to do is multimod, craft +2 to support gems, swap damage on full life to empower, and craft the chaos multiplier back.

It's not "perfect" as you could aim to get +2 arrows instead of +1, or damage over time instead of attack speed, but it's definitely serviceable. Only downside is if you don't wanna invest 4ex into something that isn't the "perfect" bow.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for clarification, I see I had it backwards, the small nodes control notables not the other way around... I didn't know chaos nodes can roll on chaos multi jewel, I mostly saw them on the "12% increased chaos damage" type of jewels and 12% increased sounds much worse than 5% multiplier.

Don't know if the bow notables can roll on anything else than bow jewels though, that's a bummer, because 2 notables from that section are really nice.

I thought you said 2 pierce is enough since you said if we get hunter quiver with 2 pierce we can drop the pierce from notables.

It's likely. Bow jewels can roll extra attack notables, but attack damage jewel doesn't have bow notables. This more or less leaves any type of DoT jewel the go to one.

The thing with pierce from hunter quiver is that you don't give up anything to get it. Here you potentially lose decent amount of damage from Wicked Pall from example which is the best damage node for us. It's not a terrible notable, but the stats are weaker and 20% projectile speed while great QoL is significantly weaker than 20% skill effect duration (especially this league).

2 pierce is sometimes not enough against dense packs, or even 3 pierces (had that happen). Extra arrows mitigate this by shooting to the side of the pack and bonus chances to go deeper into the pack to spread degen, so 2 pierces is enough. I didn't test 1 pierce with 3 arrows but i'm sure it's likely it's not enough.

"
hekaria wrote:
Spoiler
What chest would you recommend instead of "kintsugi".

I got the feeling I am dying way too often. The new league mechanic is just ridicilous.

Kintsugi is not good for the league mechanic (i mentioned it earlier), that's for sure. However if you're dying too much then you're not moving properly or doing too high content. Better body armour will only reduce chances. To keep in mind - you're not alone, many, many builds have survivability problems with Delirium.

Ideal body armour would be Warlord influenced with high life and endurance charge per second mod. Craft 10% spell dodge if possible as well.

"
niemand12 wrote:
Spoiler

To answer your exact question - no, you can't craft +2 bow gems reliably. Step 6 from Alt -> Regal end game bow crafting (which you definitely use) is the only option. I'm not sure if the bow is worth spending 4 ex tho... Likely not.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 17, 2020, 9:40:19 PM
Wicked Pall is the best notable? Nice, just dropped this jewel, hope it's usable. :)

Also just found out I can only connect large into medium into small but I can't connect large to large etc. and make endless chain. So is 3 jewels chain the most we can do per connection on tree? Can get 1 socket at acro and 1 at point blank I guess...
"
Viktranka wrote:
Wicked Pall is the best notable? Nice, just dropped this jewel, hope it's usable. :)

Also just found out I can only connect large into medium into small but I can't connect large to large etc. and make endless chain. So is 3 jewels chain the most we can do per connection on tree? Can get 1 socket at acro and 1 at point blank I guess...
That's a really good jewel and I'm looking to get one exactly like it right now! I think it could also have some "Added Small Passive Skills also grant:" mods (not sure?) but they aren't that big overall and getting one with any good mods would cost a lot.

And yes, at most you can fit one large, medium and small cluster jewel into one cluster jewel slot. We can get two cluster jewel slots easily and you can honestly allready get some really strong stuff with 6 cluster jewels overall. I'd argue that the best single mod for us is "Brush with Death" because of the Recover 1% of Life on Kill -mod. This is huuuge for us defensively during deliriums because stuff dies constantly.
Hmm, apparently lvl 75+ large jewels can roll double sockets so best case scenario would be 1 large + 2 medium + 2 small per connection on tree. Question is, is it worth dropping so many points out of main build...
What about The Perfect Form for body armour? Arctic armour is nice free 12% less fire and physical damage taken and the chill effect helps too. 30% spell dodge from Phase Acrobatics would help a lot against deliriums.
"
Smerte wrote:
What about The Perfect Form for body armour? Arctic armour is nice free 12% less fire and physical damage taken and the chill effect helps too. 30% spell dodge from Phase Acrobatics would help a lot against deliriums.
A bit pointless on a build that already picks acro + phase acro from tree. 2 of the same keystone don't stack.

PF is good for builds like energy shield tricksters or when playing with iron reflexes, because it allows you to pick phase acro without acro, so you don't lower your energy shield or armor. You can also do that with "thread of hope" awakener jewel nowadays (pick phase acro without acro), but that means you can't slot cluster jewels on that socket.

Arctic armor I've heard only reduces physical and fire damage "when stationary", if that's the case, it's pretty much a waste on a build that is all planned to be "hit and run" playstyle.

Tbh if you want a defensive chest, you'd have to craft one, Dankaw mentioned one with Warlord's mod "Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently" but I don't see an example in the crafting guide and can't remember on which page this was discussed previously.
"
Viktranka wrote:
A bit pointless on a build that already picks acro + phase acro from tree. 2 of the same keystone don't stack.

Good thing actually that I had this brain fart, I'm at level 87 and for some mysterious reason I had picked up acro but hadn't picked up the small dodge nodes or phase acro!
Can you still do plus three bow crafting with the fossil method it shows in the first post? It says only end game bow crafting and hunter quiver are up to date so I just want to make sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info