[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Great guide!
I am currently following this guide for raider and im having a perfect time.

This is the bow i crafted myself, but is there any other way to increase my damage?
I'm planning to get empower 3 or 4 next, but I feel like I need more improvements on my damage to do the endgame bosses.

Sorry for the continuous post.

By "improvements", I mean something else I can do thats not on this guide!
I will get the chaos damage multi mod and other stuff thats on the guide.
Im having issues with damage, can only clear around t3/4 maps at a decent speed, but having a lot of trouble with legion monoliths cant do them at all.
Sorry, no bow/quiver update today either. Once i wake up i'll do it right away. I'm too tired for it currently.

I'm slowly climbing up the ladder. Right now i'm almost 2 levels ahead of next ranger. Probably it's all thanks to smart 6-link strategy. It's also likely i would be in top 20 if i played around 10 hours more like quite a lot of people at the top.

First of all, end game seriously requires quite a lot of gear to progress comftortably. My +2 6-link starts to not be enough for conquerors. I've beat Crusader 4 times because he's a mechanical fight, but i'm afraid to engage Hunter (4th) and most of all Warlord (3rd). He (Warlord) has some nasty physical damage and at 2nd phase he just spams his tanky banners that grant him damage reduction. It's straight up obnoxious. Getting more damage, extra arrows and empower support are my only options in killing him comfortably.

This league is the most fun i've had in a very long time. Monsters aren't total pushovers anymore, upgrades matter, there's finally a meaningful progression.

I've had no trouble with metamorph since i acquired 6-link. There were 2 or 3 cases where i had Hexproof + life regen morphs that took way too much time to kill. Where's my awakened CoH when i need it? Metamorph has awesome rewards at cost of having to waste 1 minute picking up the body parts. In next update we'll collect them automatically, can't wait!

One last thing. When you visit Tane to fight metamorphs, he often mumbles to himself... or rather to his master. It makes me wonder, does Tane keeps his master somewhere in the lab? He seeks to extract darkness, but why? I don't think he has good intentions... I have to listen to his dialogue tomorrow.

I also love the music inside the lab.

"
grishak1 wrote:
Spoiler
Gratz. I screwed up with deserts and set up dunes but my rng is so bad this league. 80-90 maps done and seen only 2 trials. After 25 dunes only 4 imperial legacies. When I tested it in standard I was getting about 1 cards per 2 maps, right now it's way worse. At least got a Cherrubism 6s. Oh well, gotta keep farming :).

Sometimes lucky. I hope you're alching the maps and doing metamorphs, they drop cards fairly often from my experience. I even got 2 from a single boss once. There's also one more possibility of "undoing" the mess up with atlas, but it's fairly complicated and needs 7 watchstones. In short, Lex Prexima (region's name) should be the only non-upgraded region on your atlas. That way you have much higher chances of dropping Desert/Dunes. Obviously you have to kill the conquerors first which might be tricky without that extra damage.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
Is imperial bow the best bow base we can use? If so this card is huge for us

It's a base that's good for basically any build. Not the greatest for CA but it's close. Short/Grove/Thicket/Maraketh are the best ones.

The card itself is great, i've been farming it every league since it got introduced.

"
luka2113 wrote:
Spoiler

Just got this bow.
Do i go for a better one or i just 6 link this one?

Follow the progression i provide. First 5-link with +2 bow gems mod (because it's cheap and impactful), then farm up 6-link and craft +2 bow gems or +3 with fossils. It's the best possible way.

"
IwaseTakuya wrote:
Spoiler
Great guide!
I am currently following this guide for raider and im having a perfect time.

This is the bow i crafted myself, but is there any other way to increase my damage?
I'm planning to get empower 3 or 4 next, but I feel like I need more improvements on my damage to do the endgame bosses.

By "improvements", I mean something else I can do thats not on this guide!
I will get the chaos damage multi mod and other stuff thats on the guide.

Every possible way to increase damage is listed in the guide. What's not yet mentioned is not worth or will be added once i get to upgrade crafting section. For now simply focus on levelling because that's what you need the most right now. Everything will slowly add up into high amounts of damage.

"
ZariiX wrote:
Im having issues with damage, can only clear around t3/4 maps at a decent speed, but having a lot of trouble with legion monoliths cant do them at all.

You don't have a 5-link bow with +2 gems yet, in softcore trade league. No wonder you have issues clearing. Bring out your 1c and get it. Your other gear also looks poor in general.

This league HEAVILY increased difficulty of the end game. You need every upgrade you can get to clear well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the build!,I'm using despair with bane and works well.
Last edited by Bl4ckS4bbath on Dec 16, 2019, 3:38:03 AM
December 16th, 2019
Equipment:
* Updated bow and quiver sections. They're mostly the same.

Crafting Section:
* Added End Game Bow crafting
* Updated quiver crafting, now includes Warlord influence and lists other chase modifiers.

======================

There's plenty of stuff i should update end-game wise. At the moment i'm still progressing through atlas at suboptimal gear. I'm also pushing the ladder so the proper update will come when i have time.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the great guide. I have been tweaking the skill tree for softcore for more damage and speed and overall it works out great.

However, the single targeting for this build is lacking. Instead of wither totem setup is it better to go ballistas for higher damage output?
I am following this great guide (thank you!) but am pretty new to the game. One thing that I don't quite know how to handle is key bindings. How do you usually bind your mouse buttons and keys for potions and skills?
Last edited by ivanbili on Dec 16, 2019, 12:48:30 PM
"
I am following this great guide (thank you!) but am pretty new to the game. One thing that I don't quite know how to handle is key bindings. How do you usually bind your mouse buttons and keys for potions and skills?

I like this setup and in no way is it correct. Most of the bindings is personal preference.

left/right click and middle mouse button = move only
Q = Caustic Arrow
W = Move Skill (for this build Dash)
E = Frenzy
T = Mirror Arrow

Ctrl + = Aura's / Vaal skills (I like vaal grace on ctrl + q for quick access)

1 = life flask freeze/burn removal
2 = life flask freeze/burnremoval
3 = mana / extra damage / something else
4 = movement / evasion curse removal
5 = evasions / movement %increased evasion

Hope that helps give you an idea

For delve I put the flare on space and dynamite on 6...

Edit: more edits on flasks sorry
Last edited by LogicalNerd on Dec 16, 2019, 1:36:07 PM
"
LogicalNerd wrote:

left/right click and middle mouse button = move only
Q = Caustic Arrow
W = Move Skill (for this build Dash)
E = Frenzy
T = Mirror Arrow

Thanks, this is helpful! What about 'R'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info