[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

This change : Snakebite now also grants +5% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison per Frenzy Charge. Existing items are unaffected and cannot get this mod.

Is the +5% dot multi "for poison" work for us ?

Runned this build with scion(Deadeye+Juggernaut) in reason to take more flat life.
Path of the ranger for some additional skill points
In addition take some damage nodes (Chaos/Poison)

So can easily reach ~8-9k+ (play HCSSF)

And use herald of agony as an additional damage source.

Runs not bad but not the top dps. If make +1 arrow quiver(other +1 gives ascendency deadeye) can swap gmp into something like dmg on full life or chaos dmg gem.
Last edited by imf1989 on Dec 13, 2019, 4:58:17 AM
Hi, I'm planning to start my first ssf league with your build. Could you tell me how is the build doing on a 4l when reaching maps and farming for Imperial legacy? Does it take long? I remember they drop rather frequently, hope GGG won't stealth nerf it with bow league and all.
Hi , quick question about the Hit chance on Caustic Arrow,
do we need 100% Hit Chance? I checked your POB Link for the tree and it shows only 83% Chance to Hit.

Thanks for the very detailed Build Guide.
"
thebisa wrote:
Caustic Arrow doesn't count as poison under normal circumstances, so anything that says "poison" won't buff it. It needs to say chaos damage or chaos damage over time, then it's fine.

"
theunguided88 wrote:
do we need 100% Hit Chance? I checked your POB Link for the tree and it shows only 83% Chance to Hit.
Caustic Arrow will drop a puddle even when the arrow misses, so it's not a tragedy. You'll just miss on extra puddles from pierce, but if you have sources of extra projectiles you will have decent coverage anyway.
"
grishak1 wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to start my first ssf league with your build. Could you tell me how is the build doing on a 4l when reaching maps and farming for Imperial legacy? Does it take long? I remember they drop rather frequently, hope GGG won't stealth nerf it with bow league and all.

~2-3 cards in act9 per hour foothills speedrun (i did test on 3.8)

I'm gonna exp foothills instead aqueduct and not so hurry for maps. Rest of them farm on maps (desert, desert springs, etc).
"
imf1989 wrote:
"
grishak1 wrote:

~2-3 cards in act9 per hour foothills speedrun (i did test on 3.8)

I'm gonna exp foothills instead aqueduct and not so hurry for maps. Rest of them farm on maps (desert, desert springs, etc).

Pre-map seem very slow, maps are way better but still will need a lot of maps to farm that 22. Wonder how viable it'll be with new atlas. Shame desert is not t1 anymore, from what I've seen it's like t3-t4.
"
pandadarren wrote:
In the case that i'm actually intending to use this build in a HC SSF, would you recommend the raider version (high dodge) or the champion version (fortify) for staying alive?

Great build by the way. :)

Champion has the best mitigation against single hits, he's not nearly as good at avoiding damage. All ascendancies have now access to Fortify, so Champion's niche can be filled by anyone... as long as hybrid flask persists that is.

"
thebisa wrote:
This change : Snakebite now also grants +5% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison per Frenzy Charge. Existing items are unaffected and cannot get this mod.

FAQ: What is Caustic Arrow's cloud scaling with?
A: It's a degeneration area that scales off DoT / chaos / projectile / area / global damage increases. It's not a poison and doesn't scale with it.

It's not an attack itself, but the gem has an attack tag allowing it to be scaled with chaos / DoT increases with attack/bow skills. I know it's a bit confusing, but it's exactly what i said.

"
theunguided88 wrote:

Thanks for the very detailed Build Guide.

Accuracy matters only when you have 1 arrow, you might actually miss packs if you aim behind them. It's RNG and sucks when it happens Starting from 2 arrows it's close to impossible to miss a pack. Against bosses you carefully place your degen, so accuracy doesn't matter at all here.

Accuracy is good for Cursed Frenzy setup for reliability. It's easily solved with support gem.

"
grishak1 wrote:

I can comfortably reach red maps on 4-link. The bosses take some time to kill as a result. In past leagues i would set up atlas to drop as many deserts as possible while progressing the atlas. Then just run all of the saved maps in order to farm up the set.

There's no reason to nerf drop rate when the atlas seem to be much harder to optimize for single map farming... if it's possible at all. I will post details what to do. Farming Vastiri Desert / Foothills / Oasis instead of BA is obviously best course of action.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
I can comfortably reach red maps on 4-link. The bosses take some time to kill as a result. In past leagues i would set up atlas to drop as many deserts as possible while progressing the atlas. Then just run all of the saved maps in order to farm up the set.

There's no reason to nerf drop rate when the atlas seem to be much harder to optimize for single map farming... if it's possible at all. I will post details what to do. Farming Vastiri Desert / Foothills / Oasis instead of BA is obviously best course of action.

Great to know that the build perform so well on a 4l, that'll make things easier. Thanks for the answer and good luck.
I've reached maps and progressed the storyline a little bit. I'll give small recap on my experiences:

In general the first 5 acts are much harder than they used to be. Vaal Oversoul from act 2 up to act 4 mines area. Merveil also got much harder. Bosses have so much life while dealing significant amount of damage. However once you go through that, it's more or less the same as before.

Part 2 of the storyline felt exactly the same. Bosses had more life and that's kinda it.

I've completed some maps up to tier 4, which seems to be the current maximum. I have Desert as my only T2 to drop as many of them as possible, but doesn't seem to work so far. Drops might be region restricted on top of adjacent map mechanic. Desert can be obtained by vendoring 3x Jungle Valley (try multiple combinations).

PoEDB now has updated item mods! And let me tell you - there's A LOT of extra DoT multiplier. More damage possibilities than before, also harder to truly optimize. Not sure when i'll get to updating crafting methods, depends on how good i do while pushing the ladder.

I'm out to sleep.

"
grishak1 wrote:
Great to know that the build perform so well on a 4l, that'll make things easier. Thanks for the answer and good luck.

Keep in mind i'm used to lower damage output. So far the build clears fine. Obviously bosses and metamorphs take some time to kill.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 14, 2019, 1:36:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info