[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
"
LogicalNerd wrote:

left/right click and middle mouse button = move only
Q = Caustic Arrow
W = Move Skill (for this build Dash)
E = Frenzy
T = Mirror Arrow

Thanks, this is helpful! What about 'R'?

Sorry, I use that for totems.
Does the +2 to socketed support gems increase our dps?
My PoB says it decreases my dps since the caustic arrow's gem level goes down.
Great Guide, thank you for that :)
Now, i just watch TarkeCats latest video, and he mentions Asenaths Chant + Bane to Curse, any thoughts on that ? I think i rather like the idea.

Edit: Nevermind, just learned that this combination can't actually curse. What a shame. However, Despair itself has a Spell tag, so in theorie, using asenath to trigger the curse directly should work... will test tomorrow i guess.
Last edited by Thurasiz on Dec 16, 2019, 6:16:09 PM
Good guide but this does not work for this league at all, you'll get to t8-10 and you'll hit a wall so hard you will lose interest in this game, I have a thousand+ hours in the game and this has to be the worst build suited for anything really.
I just found a Devoto's, any thoughts for using it in this Build? More movement speed, attack speed, chaos res..
"
Jilixi wrote:
Good guide but this does not work for this league at all, you'll get to t8-10 and you'll hit a wall so hard you will lose interest in this game, I have a thousand+ hours in the game and this has to be the worst build suited for anything really.

I took a quick look at your gear, and you have a lot of room to grow. For starters, your bow doesn't have any + levels to gems, and your Caustic Arrow is still level 19.

You can do what you want, but I would advise to stick with it a bit longer. Good luck.
"
LogicalNerd wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the great guide. I have been tweaking the skill tree for softcore for more damage and speed and overall it works out great.

However, the single targeting for this build is lacking. Instead of wither totem setup is it better to go ballistas for higher damage output?

You completely misunderstand how this build functions. It wouldn't accomplish anything but lower your dps. The degen ground that's main damage dealer doesn't stack.

"
I am following this great guide (thank you!) but am pretty new to the game. One thing that I don't quite know how to handle is key bindings. How do you usually bind your mouse buttons and keys for potions and skills?

I have lots of videos, in each of them you can see what keys im using. I only really changed R and T to mouse buttons. On those keys i have flares and dynamite instead.

"
IwaseTakuya wrote:
Does the +2 to socketed support gems increase our dps?
My PoB says it decreases my dps since the caustic arrow's gem level goes down.

This only happens if you skip steps and don't use Empower 3/4 before crafting your end game bow. The mod is superior in that case.

"
Thurasiz wrote:
Spoiler
Great Guide, thank you for that :)
Now, i just watch TarkeCats latest video, and he mentions Asenaths Chant + Bane to Curse, any thoughts on that ? I think i rather like the idea.

Edit: Nevermind, just learned that this combination can't actually curse. What a shame. However, Despair itself has a Spell tag, so in theorie, using asenath to trigger the curse directly should work... will test tomorrow i guess.

I wouldn't use it anyway. The frenzy setup is already perfect for this and losing a lot of stats for auto-cursing is... quite bad.

"
Jilixi wrote:

If you can't follow simple instructions that significantly boost your damage, of course it's going to be bad. I have detailed progression guide which you obviously didn't bother to use. Spending 5 minutes to read it would save you big amount of self-inflicted problems.

Meanwhile i'm having good time in SSF, especially considering my playtime is few hours lower than majority of people around me.

"
Genji084 wrote:
I just found a Devoto's, any thoughts for using it in this Build? More movement speed, attack speed, chaos res..

No life, vendor. Speed is for defence and clear speed, which we already have plenty of. It doesn't increase our dps. Having life and -9% chaos res reduction fossil mod is much more important than anything else.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you OP for an excellent guide which I followed in this league after leaving POE for 5 years. Completely enjoying it especially given how the bosses were buffed now, making it more important to "hit and run". My gears are still quite basic so your farming tips will prove very useful.

Thanks again and keep up with the great work! Subbed to your channel as well.
This will be my 4rth league using this specific build.

So far i always had great fun with it in softcore league.

My biggest problem is keeping track of my frenzy charges.

most of the time i dont need to curse, trash dies so quick its longer to stop to shoot a frenzy than just keep moving. But i'm worried im doing something wrong by not having frenzy up all the time.

How important is it to keep frenzy up ? How much damage is it providing to the chaos dot ? or is it just for the initial hit ?

I'd like to know more about the importance and use of frenzy for this build and if frenzy gives damage to the caustic cloud ?
"
Jilixi wrote:

What? I'm farming t16's with this build fairly easily. I don't die too much with it and the DPS is great. I still have way more room to grow as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info