Path of Nerfs

"
We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers) that this process should be made longer.

Will poe be balanced around races now? I do consider races a legit part of poe but leagues are, by far, the most important part. So why imply that races can have such an impact on the balance of a league? Will the drop rates be adjusted, too, soon?
I know this won't stop all the crying under these manifestos but maybe next time don't mention how 'some players' are in favor of certain changes (i.e. racers). There was similar bitching in the comments last time with the ES changes when you mentioned the 15k ES. I don't mind it, I just think it might be advantageous to just leave out those infos to reveal less attack surface. Then again, this might be intended. It wouldn't be the first troll ;).

PS: I do like the title of the manifesto this time ^^
one wish on the XP. i dont like the nerf. can we, like, have hardcore lower EXP so the racer dudes go play hardcore, while the rest of us can get to lvl 100 in softcore? its just not worth my time going over lvl 90, if i even hit THAT.
What is the problem with Slayer nerf?
In 3.0.0 we had of 30% max life leech per second (20% base + 10% from fervour). No VP
In 3.1.0 we have 40% max life leech per second (20% base * 2 from VP).
+VP moved to Slayer area.
It is a buff, isnt it?
"
sehrverrueckt wrote:
The game is free to play. They created the game thus they own the rights, and can do whatever they want with it. You make it sound like you have the right to preserve the game in the form you desire. You don't, your options are dictated by your intent to play a game somebody else made.

Futhermore, nobody is in anybody's service here. Not us, not GGG. This is a business transaction, we play the game and have the option to pay money to make our characters look cool. That's it.

1. Every program is a number. No one should own a number. You disagree because religion. Even the old world understood this which is why we have a distinction between copyright and patents in the first place. Software should be handled exactly like recipes are handled, because that's exactly what it is. It's a recipe. I ethically and morally should have the right to edit it as I see fit, but because of physical law technical barriers not least of which being fear of suits and prosecution, I can't.

2. It's not free to play. You act like stash tabs aren't a thing. Like trade isn't a thing. Like paid tabs aren't the only real way to trade.

3. What happens when coding becomes so accessible you can simply clone this game at home by asking you personal AI to do it? Does GGG have the right to have the state punish you if you do so without their permission? You say yes because that's your religion. I don't share it. What happens when you can do this totally in your mind because cybernetics? Would GGG have the "right" to delete infringing memories/reveries?

4. My options are dictated by physical reality and nothing more. I am a collection of atoms behaving accordingly, just like you are.

You live in a fantasy world with inconsistent logic. As do all IPL cultists. And with this I am leaving the thread. I'd have better luck talking a Templar into atheism.

I have no illusions, there's no talking sense to a fanatic. Frankly there's no talking sense to anyone. They either already agree to they don't.

Have a great day all.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Vaal Pact Keystone
Being able to leech instantly meant that many threats were completely mitigated by high-damage fast-hitting characters with minimal leech investment

HAVE FUN NOW. YOU CANT OVERLEECH SOME ATTACKS. RIP 99% ATTACK BUILDS
Feelsgoodman my ranger is not getting nerfed.
"
LightW2 wrote:
What is the problem with Slayer nerf?
In 3.0.0 we had of 30% max life leech per second (20% base + 10% from fervour). No VP
In 3.1.0 we have 40% max life leech per second (20% base * 2 from VP).
+VP moved to Slayer area.
It is a buff, isnt it?

It's not if you don't like mandatory keystones (that also takes away your regen).
Last edited by 15107514 on Dec 4, 2017, 11:48:26 PM
"
Innomen wrote:
"
As various humongous nerfs have shown, GGG isn't afraid of pissing people off. If it was feasible to not have legacy items, they'd be doing it.

The mental gymnastics are real.

Did we not just watch a league get voided?

If legacies are such a problem and they really aren't afraid of pissing people off and it's really such a technical hurdle to run a database edit once, then just delete standard and make everyone play leagues.

In reality you've completely invented this technology problem. They could easily modify all legacy items to be contemporary versions. The reached into my stash to change my skeleton jewels no problem.

I am frankly amazed you seriously asserted otherwise.

It was an event league that got voided. Its purpose was to say "Here's some crazy shit, have fun with it."

There is an astronomical difference between voiding a 10 day league compared to suddenly deleting the permanent leagues. Also, going from "legacy items are a problem" to "let's delete Standard" is something I'd personally call "mental gymnastics." But to go along with it, deleting Standard would be far more devastating to GGG and PoE's players than screwing around with a few items.

As far as what I said about tech issues though, read this post by Mark: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/314098/filter-account-type/staff#p2744074

They can do "migrations" from one version to another but it's more difficult than just making "a database edit" and thus they only do it when absolutely necessary. As Chris says later on, the amount of work needed to get that migration correct is often better spent on making the game better in other areas.

No, they cannot easily modify all legacy items to be contemporary versions.
Are you serious? god.. first you nerf ES when 3.0 came out now you nerf rise of the phoenix too? rip my RF build. I already change the build from ES to life once, then now you are telling me that i need more life regen just so i can run RF? bear in mind that not all RF build is marauder that have life inate life regen in their class, there are guardian RF and trickster too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info