Path of Nerfs

"
hyttemaier wrote:
All changes are good in my opinion, well except the xp nerf, its not something that will affect me, but im abit concerned about the health of the Top racers, they are allready putting insane amounts of hours into getting a top spot, with too little sleep :/

In 2015 a young man died from cardiac arrest in an internet cafe in taiwan, playing for 86 hours straight, please lets not go down that road, at least consider this, before the patch goes live.

That's called natural selection.
When did the Slayer nerf get added? I remember going through this an hour or 2 ago and thinking nothing other than the exp was relevant to me. So in conclusion Slayer lost 14% to the maximum leech cap. So if you take Vaal Pact, you end up with about 52% to the maximum leech cap.

I think Vaal Pact could have been redone a bit differently so nothing else like Vitality void would have gotten nerfed: +50% leeched life increased, +10% to the maximum leech cap, life leech effects apply at full life. This way it would be good, but not too good. If you're a Slayer you may want to rethink whether it's worth it to go Vaal Pact, 10% isn't small but there is a downside. On the other hand, characters that do need it have enough of an incentive to take it.

I really hope they buffed evasion/Acro. I just don't see how you're supposed to survive any more if you're melee.
"
"
NekoHanten wrote:

The best post I've seen in this thread.

I know this pic is supposed to be a Scion looking intense or w/e but it can also be interpreted as a Scion with down syndrome.
Saved
Vaal pact nerf was probably going to gimp self-cast DP anyway. If you'd left it powerful at least it would have had a real trade-off because the life cost would matter a lot more. Instead you just made it weak AND have a huge down side, who would ever want to run it?
I have never used VP on a main character. I tried it once to see what the fuss was about on an occultist alt and found it very boring. I've primarily played a starforge juggernaut with moderately effective normal leech and maybe ~200K effective physical DPS for the last 5ish leagues. I love my self designed juggy and I have a lot of fun with him. Normal mapping and T16 bosses are an absolute joy. But, he struggled with some of the top DPS outputs of certain things in this game, like very highly damage output stacked guardians and alluring/shaper missteps. I don't think this content is tuned very well for a post VP world, these bosses were fairly trivial with a very DPS focused VP char. They were extremely not fun and uninteresting for someone playing a more balanced non VP char. I think with the loss of VP maybe some of the upper end of damage output should be looked at too, the very top end of content is tuned specifically for VP in the 3.0 game state.
good bye dark pact
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I just don't see how you're supposed to survive any more if you're melee.

Is it possible they are willing to run with obviating melee in this universe just as it happened in ours? Imagine if the NPCs made mention of it. Like "I'm old enough to remember when some people actually tried to run up to the monsters and hit them with a piece of metal."

Imagine if they actually let the setting evolve for real like that and started subverting core arpg tropes.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
I liked all these changed tbh. Going to be interesting seeing the values of the new vulnerability gem. Only pity physical builds (except phys wanderers/bladefall) traditionally don't have easy access to the multiple curse nodes top left without sacrificing too many points.
Nerf me, nerf me. I'll still make a cleave build and fuck the end game. Try and stop me
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I really hope they buffed evasion/Acro. I just don't see how you're supposed to survive any more if you're melee.

Slayer nerf is really mostly just a compensation for them having easy access to the new vaal pact. They're not going to be much weaker than they are now. So I think the answer to what you're supposed to do will be: roll slayer.

Juggernaut too, I suppose. I've done juggernauts through to shaper with a focus on regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info