Path of Nerfs

"
Ashriel wrote:
Guys, it's great that you're not afraid to nerf things. It shows. But you have gone way overboard so many times it's ridiculous. Like, it's not even funny - AoE, CoC, double-dipping, bosses not dropping anything good after the HP nerf, ES... You're more heavy-handed than Hearthstone's "balance" team and it doesn't make your game more fun, it makes it suck. I dreamed of getting a level 100 one day, and now you've nerfed not only red map XP, but made it longer overall. Your reasons why are flawed - you listened to the 5 players that wanted it longer? What about the other 99.999% of your player base?

Your other nerfs, like to Acuities, a chase unique that's already super rare and gated and been treated with nerfs before, are simply retarded. Stop making us play the way you want us to, and let us play however we want. You know, like you used to? Maybe you've already forgotten. It looks like you have.

I mean, this post here says more than anything I could have typed up. I go to games like DotA / LoL for competitive experiences. I play(ed) POE in order to make crazy builds. I played the most in Breach league. I enjoyed how disgustingly powerful and fast HowA builds were after you dropped many exalts of currency into them. Then the build was essentially erased from existence with the ES / ghost reaver nerfs.

It's a bloody single-player game and builds are just being ERASED. It feels like every patch just pushes me more and more into a faceroll totem build that isn't enjoyable to play whatsoever. I used to have so much fun theorycrafting builds and now you're just nerfing shit that has been around for years and making it unviable.

As someone that has donated hundreds of dollars in the past, I haven't felt that urge since Breach and with the new direction that your "balance" decisions have taken I doubt I will ever want to donate again, especially since I hardly want to play these days.

I mean, QOTF NERF? SERIOUSLY? A unique that has been 1c in every league since before I can remember (and one of my favorite uniques) got nerfed into the ground? I'm just done.
Last edited by Ixoziel on Dec 5, 2017, 10:27:06 PM
Any meta build, aka viable (capable of shaper, uber atziri, etc), will auto get nerfed. Nerfed RF and DP (two builds I did during harbinger and turmoil), doomfletch, barrage, vaal pact, etc.

Six years later they nerf rise of the phoenix and add stats for more builds? Nobody uses this except for RF. If you want +max fire res on any other build you're better off using the shield you need and running purity of fire. 3% fire res translates to 2.7% more health regen you have to make up. Thats pretty hard to make up unless you specifically go cheiftain. Talk about a build restricting nerf.

Also I can't see how GGG can justify these DP self cast nerfs. The radius nerf is strange cause it's only ok with inc AOE gem + several invested passives. Just decrease QOL for no reason, like other builds clear maps so slow in comparison? We're using conc effect on bosses anyway, so now I have to spoon the boss to get damage in? Then they slam the damage significantly and decrease wither, which was only ever used on boss fights because without it the fight becomes long and tedious. And the build was only good if you played vaal pact or had 12k+ hp with 6k life regen, like wow I'm sorry I don't have legacy Kaom's. So now gotta run zephi's flask no matter what.

These items and gems were what made builds what they were. Pretty sure GGG intentionally fucking these builds in order to promote the new skills they're putting out. I'm not a big fan. I was interested in playing some of the new skills, but being forced to feels bad. Nerf everything and force everyone to play new skills, great strat for new league I guess...

I personally loved the speed at which you can progress. I play pretty casually when I can. I work full time. Dying at level 95+ is a huge set back, and now they're making it even harder because the 1% of gamers who play this game for a living are saying its too easy? Yeah if I invest 90% of my waking life to getting level 100 I might say it's easy too. But I have a job, wife, life, so fuck this nerf holy shit. GGG just went super GGGGGGGGG, extra G's for grinding.
Last edited by realmoney on Dec 5, 2017, 10:47:39 PM
we've seen nerf list,but i'm still waiting for the buff list.
the only "buff" i see in nerfing VP,is shift in meta AGAIN to ES.
what next ? 50% ES nerf in 3.2 ?
Last edited by Nibelton on Dec 5, 2017, 10:44:14 PM
Hey GGG, the casuals are getting Zana to lv6, some even get to lv7! Why don't improve her XP needed too? I bet it should be OK with your overwhelming feedback you had received.
looks like that bufflist will include lightning tendrils as stated.

but im feeling a vibe of trollist not bufflist

My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

too many people are OK with the game nerfing everything to shit. there is almost no build diversity anymore. and this isnt even about playing the most META OP builds. the problem is there are NOT ENOUGH META BUILDS TO PLAY. I can easily count at least half the skill gems in this game aren't even being used, what a waste of resources.

and for the record, i dont give a fuck about the exp nerf. level 100 should never be easy to achieve to begin with (like diablo 2 for example). but the problem is again with GGG. they did not properly manage this problem in the beginning. they allowed getting 100 to become easy with the power creep and fast clearing meta they introduced, whether intentional or not. they should've been regulating the exp to 100 a lot sooner and in a much better manner. now they're getting shit for it from the casuals because everyone got too comfortable with the fact that level 100 is a possibility for most people if they put enough time into it. THIS IS GGG'S FAULT. but i dont give a fuck, this is the least of my concerns.

My main concern is the fact that they continuously nerf things, regular/force the meta, and pidgeonhole the player base into playing the skills they want people to play for that patch/league. why do this when the game was designed to offer the players to create their own build and play the way they want??

naming this thread "path of nerfs" is almost as if you guys are mocking us.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Dec 6, 2017, 12:04:08 AM
Fast lvling was result of beachhead map... Thx for nerfing life leech :)
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
vio wrote:
where is your problem?

As for "the problem", it's principle not practice that's the issue. I'm sick of the xp tweaks that GGG has done over and over again that only ends up hurting the casual and 99% of players just to appease the 1%.

eh, sorry. if it came over as aggressive that was not intended. i just don't understand the rage, being able to level to 100 has been gone from nearly impossible to totally easy and now it's going back a bit.

the current xp nerf shows to me that ggg didn't expect the amount of players to exploit xp sharing in beachheads. and that a similar mechanic likely exists in the next league which they want to be better prepared for.

the way i see it, if the game even suggests to me that levelling to 100 is an option, it's reputation is ruined long term because i'm not dedicating much time into the game and intentionally try to not play effectively to have longer fun than i would have otherwise.

eventually, it's not that levelling to 100 bears a price or something, i once looked up an account (in legacy i think) which had 4+ level 100 chars and some in the nineties in the temp league. that totally killed it for me. it's really nothing special anymore to just bring one char to 100.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
holy shit 100 pages of baby rage and toxicity. This is disappointing
Not as disapointing as constantly getting nerfs you don't deserve...
"
FrancescoV wrote:

love it, because it's true

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info