Path of Nerfs

wooow thats was not good
My few concerns about nerfs:

Removing max leech rate from Brutal Fervour can make that node too underpowered. Maybe, add some flat %leech, or something else to it, to compensate? Because players will just pick Ascedant Slayer instead of real Slayer, for many cases.

And doubling leech rate itself is still too powerful for Slayer/Ascendant Slayer (even with nerfs to leech rate passives), i predict it will be "Slayer or GTFO" meta.

What about Bloodseeker? If it retains it instant leech, we may see "Bloodseeker meta" incoming.

MoM - wont it became too weak? Be careful with nerfs there!

Dark Pact - same concern, it may just became too weak with those nerfs considering now you cant leech HP spend for casting instantly.

Barrage - why dont just reduce Barrage's base damage and add 1-2 extra protectile to it by default? It will reduce the power of helm enchant without touching it.

Doomfletch - its damage came only with great gear, and at quite high cost, etc. Reducing damage AND removing crit might be too much for it. Also, you might just buffs some other bows, that are simply trash.

QoTF - great job, that's how balancing should be performed. Although i'd rather leaved evasion bonus as it is, but increased limit on MS (75% or something).

RotF - might became just useless now, considering Saffel's Frame provides +4% to ALL maximum resists. Life regen is still useless on it, it should be higher or %life-based.

Increasing level caps for high-level characters - HAVE MERCY! Even now, only crazy no-lifers achieve 97+ level. Why dont just make a relatively easily reachable level cap, like it is in Grim Dawn? And let for maxl evel characters, XP gain be converted into something else (for example, temporary Item Quantity, etc)? Do you really think that players will stay in the game longer if you wont let them reach max level? For me, character's level "caps" at 90-95 anyways, as i see absolutely no point for leveling up further, it was just TOO slowed down artificially.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Yeah GGG, another fuckup from you with again a XP nerf. Why are we "normal" players not allowed to reach level 100. You never ever listen to the normal players. Everything is always about the top 10 players..... This and that you used my money to make a Xbox version of the game and not fixing your bugs, means that I have stopped paying any more money to you.

I totally agree! Instead of nerfing things with a surgical perecision, GGG let's the Nerf-Hammer circling. In the furure I will nerf GGG as well by NOT bying MTXs anymore
My InGameName: Aui
"
"
mititelul wrote:
"
diogenes83 wrote:
If anyone from GGG is actually reading this. Stay strong girls & boys, this will blow over and everybody will calm down! Just thought that needed to be said! :)

of course it will the game is great for a online rpg but the money will drop also..i for once wont pay anymore for anything and are others like me...of course its theyr game i cant do a thing but if u keep changhe core mecanics of the game i dont see a reason to invest time and monny for sothing that after 5-6 month will be a bad build

Dont worry , if you stop spending money , i will start doing it.

Whale why then VAGABOND only?
Last edited by Sinaranu on Sep 26, 2022, 5:00:35 AM
"
D0p3y wrote:
I do dislike the increases to the XP.

Has GGG considered the possibility that no matter what they do a small percentage of players will always do things faster than they should?

I understand that GGG stands for Grinding Gear Games and i accept that a grind is part of the game. However with that said i find it very frustrating when that grind is continually increased just to try and stop a few people that will never truly be stopped.

The more you try and stop them the more they’ll find other ways to level faster. Meanwhile those of us who just want to play the game at a more general pace end up having the goal posts moved further and further away till it starts to feel it like it’s pointless to play.

I feel this is true for all nerfs to an extent. You nerf things to stop a few abusing them only for those of us struggling to get builds to work it makes everything 10 times harder.

It feels like time and time again you nerf something that gives the abuser say 100 of something when they pat their heads, rub their stomachs and rotate their foot while the rest of who only manage to pat their head can only achieve 20. You then nerf it so the abusers can now only achieve 80 but also make it so the rest us can now only achieve 10 making it useless. Do this enough times like you have and everything starts to look useless.

How about you try leaving things alone or find ways to only stop the few players you want to stop without it affecting everyone else like putting diminishing returns on high level xp generation? Or a cap on the total amount of XP that can be earned per hour so it stops those few who go over what the average player achieves while having no effect for the average player at the same time.

Or better yet have ‘casual’ servers that are immune to xp nerfs and the like. Let those who want to try and break the game break it and let the rest of us actually enjoy it.

Do you need level 100 for your enjoyment? I would maybe go for lvl 95 at max, so i dont care about that change. Is that a thing for hardcore players?

"
Aui wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Yeah GGG, another fuckup from you with again a XP nerf. Why are we "normal" players not allowed to reach level 100. You never ever listen to the normal players. Everything is always about the top 10 players..... This and that you used my money to make a Xbox version of the game and not fixing your bugs, means that I have stopped paying any more money to you.

I totally agree! Instead of nerfing things with a surgical perecision, GGG let's the Nerf-Hammer circling. In the furure I will nerf GGG as well by NOT bying MTXs anymore

here here u have my support also
"
Going to play my Slayer non-stop till Fri. Will be weeping inconsolably as I do, thinking about the demise of Brutal Fervour and the end of the civilised world as we know it.

On a serious note – well done GGG, these nerfs seem reasonable. The volume of new content and depth you continue to introduce into the game is incredible.

Now please have the intestinal fortitude to nerf HH ASAP. HH must surely be the poster-child of "elements that are too powerful and are harming Path of Exile". Streamers have been taking the piss for some time now with HH-based zoom-zoom builds. In terms of a bad look for PoE, I don't think it gets much worse.

Looking forward to 3.1 and the Abyss!

HH is not strong at all, it was pretty strong in Harbi imo because Harbi mobs had too much mods, same with mayhem, but in real content, just one big pffff.
"
Iznuts wrote:
the point of poe was for almost nobody to ever have a lvl 100 except the real hard pushers. the whales crying and screaming answer me for i am a cash cow to be milked. VP needed a serious nerf (being removed completely would be better) for a long time and you all know it. ci/es is still alive and fine. oh no its gonna take me 1 extra second to blow the shit outta this boss with barrage. hmmm maybe i'll have to get a little more res and drop those 2 damage nodes. every damn league you people act like the sky is shitting on you yet here you are still bitching. if what you want is to blindly mash your face into a keyboard while holding down right click i hear d3 needs players. gear there just gets bigger numbers every season so you can face roll it faster, sounds perfect for a lot of you.

Totally agree with that one.
All nerfs so far are necessary to mix/change the meta a bit and keep character building interesting.

so experience penalty has been increased based on the feedback of "top" people playing the game non-stop until they reach 100. what about the player that are enjoying PoE at a healthy pace?

also rip acuity market

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info