ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
faerwin wrote:

I say thousands but I'm only talking about before his election. Post election, he's harming millions.
Citation needed That is quite the claim your making there, got any proof?
Not being american i have to admit i have very sparse knowledge of the matter at hand.
Last edited by AldarisGrave on Mar 19, 2019, 2:13:44 AM
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

I say thousands but I'm only talking about before his election. Post election, he's harming millions.
Citation needed That is quite the claim your making there, got any proof?
Not being american i have to admit i have very sparse knowledge of the matter at hand.

Look at the Trump university scandal. That's thousand of students that got scammed.

"

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman stated that the settlement and payment by Trump "is a stunning reversal by Donald Trump and a major victory for the over 6,000 victims of his fraudulent university."

over 6k just there. The total numbers of Trump fraudulent tactics are probably in the tens of thousands.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Mar 19, 2019, 4:52:56 AM
IS there any politician that was/is not a scumbag?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 19, 2019, 5:10:08 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
IS there any politician that was/is not a scumbag?

The vast majority of them. There's tens of thousands of politicians, you only hear about how awful one were once in a while. Now it's true that most of the assholes ones do not get caught or get away with it through various means but I somehow doubt that the ratio of scumbag that don't get caught vs the ratio that does isn't under 1%.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
It seems that some suffers of TDS (Trump Delusional Syndrome) were not aware of the widespread belief by experts that Trump is an NPD.

Does Trump Suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Evidence Mounts that President Trump May Have a Serious Personality Disorder

Books have been written on the subject.
The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
It seems that some suffers of TDS (Trump Delusional Syndrome) were not aware of the widespread belief by experts that Trump is an NPD.

Does Trump Suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Evidence Mounts that President Trump May Have a Serious Personality Disorder

Books have been written on the subject.
The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President

The American Psychiatric Association and Alzheimer's society have both criticized psychologists for giving armchair diagnosis, because it violates their code of ethics.

Also, Allen France, who helped write the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, (the manual that all those psychologist and your source are citing) gave a thorough explanation about Trump's narcissism.

"
Trump is an undisputed poster boy for narcissism. He demonstrates in pure form every single symptom described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, which I wrote in 1978. But lots of successful people are extremely narcissistic without being mentally ill — think most celebrities, many politicians, and a fair percentage of writers, artists, lawyers, doctors, and professors. To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.

My long experience with psychiatric diagnosis has taught me a recurring and painful lesson: Anything that can be misused in the DSM will be misused, especially when there is an external, nonclinical reward for doing so. We decided to include narcissistic personality disorder in the DSM-III 40 years ago purely for clinical reasons. We never imagined it would be used as ammunition in today’s political warfare.

It’s also important to note that narcissistic personality disorder holds a fragile place in the diagnostic universe. It came quite close to being eliminated when the fifth edition of the DSM was published in 2013, and will be excluded from the forthcoming revision to the International Classification of Diseases, a set of codes used by physicians and other health care providers to classify diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/09/06/donald-trump-mental-illness-diagnosis/

Personally, I think it's rather unfortunate that medical professionals violate ethics when it gets them monetary gain. "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President" is a book that really shouldn't have been made, and just takes advantage of people who have a strong anti-trump bias.

But, I guess if people are willing to waste money and time fueling their delusions, I can't stop them.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Trump is an undisputed poster boy for narcissism. He demonstrates in pure form every single symptom described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, which I wrote in 1978.

I pared that down for you to the most important things that he said.

The fact remains, I am just parroting what many experts are saying.

Raycheetah asked who these experts were, I just gave a partial list. A bit more food for thought, how many books were written about one of the Bush's, Obama's, Carter's, Reagan's, Clinton's, or Ford's mental illnesses?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Trump is an undisputed poster boy for narcissism. He demonstrates in pure form every single symptom described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, which I wrote in 1978.

Raycheetah asked who these experts were, I just gave a partial list. A bit more food for thought, how many books were written about one of the Bush's, Obama's, Carter's, Reagan's, Clinton's, or Ford's mental illnesses?

you just partially quoted in order to drive your agenda.

You really don't understand that?

I mean he goes on

"
But lots of successful people are extremely narcissistic without being mentally ill — think most celebrities, many politicians, and a fair percentage of writers, artists, lawyers, doctors, and professors. To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.

My long experience with psychiatric diagnosis has taught me a recurring and painful lesson: Anything that can be misused in the DSM will be misused, especially when there is an external, nonclinical reward for doing so. We decided to include narcissistic personality disorder in the DSM-III 40 years ago purely for clinical reasons. We never imagined it would be used as ammunition in today’s political warfare.

It’s also important to note that narcissistic personality disorder holds a fragile place in the diagnostic universe. It came quite close to being eliminated when the fifth edition of the DSM was published in 2013, and will be excluded from the forthcoming revision to the International Classification of Diseases, a set of codes used by physicians and other health care providers to classify diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures.

Which puts the part you quoted in much more nuance.

Why is partially quoting and presenting it like truth necesery if your convinced of your point?

I'm not biased to either party playing this game of tag in here but it's amazing to see how people are twisting in curves and then going
"see i told you so".

Explain this to me please, why was that necesery? Maybe you have a motivation for it that i am not seeing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I like to point out that American Psychiatric Association could enforce the ethical guidelines only with its members, but not enforce them on other psychiatrists not their members.

These other psychiatrists are claiming to follow another ethic code - The "Duty to warn" which gives counselors and therapists the right and obligation to breach confidentiality if they believe a client poses a risk to another person.

Donald trump is not mentally ill. He is narcissistic, selfish, unempathetic, ruthless and cunning. You are welcoming.

"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:

you just partially quoted in order to drive your agenda.

You really don't understand that?

I mean he goes on

"
But lots of successful people are extremely narcissistic without being mentally ill — think most celebrities, many politicians, and a fair percentage of writers, artists, lawyers, doctors, and professors. To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.

Which puts the part you quoted in much more nuance.

Why is partially quoting and presenting it like truth necesery if your convinced of your point?

I'm not biased to either party playing this game of tag in here but it's amazing to see how people are twisting in curves and then going
"see i told you so".

Explain this to me please, why was that necesery? Maybe you have a motivation for it that i am not seeing.

Peace,

-Boem-

Of course I "partially quoted in order to drive my agenda."

Let me paraphrase the part that I cut out on purpose and explicitly stated that I cut it out on purpose. He basically said that NPD is not an indication of mental illness in some. To that I say so f---ing what? I don't remember saying that Trump was mental ill. I said he was an NPD. The signature underlying issue with someone that has NPD is difficulty having empathy for others.

Lack of empathy is a Trump trademark. When he has shown any empathy it is because he was directed to by his handlers. Did you see when he had the White House meeting with the kids and parents from the Florida high school shooting? His handlers wrote him a small cheat sheet to reference when talking to them. What was the bold main item on there? It was "show empathy". They did that because they know he otherwise probably wouldn't.
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 19, 2019, 7:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info