ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Hornybull wrote:

I think Trump is doing a great job by not feeding the trolls. It's gotten crazy with everything being declared a human right apparently. Plus just because someone says x is a human right that doesn't make it true. Like the right of free speech vs the right to not be offended. The former is actually a right the latter is authoritarian oppression.

Good point, it shouldn't be considered a human right to think that one can go into one's embassy and be safe. I have no idea what came over me? One should expect to be murdered and cut into pieces when you go into a government building! You've really hit on a great improvement to our society.

What a kind and empathetic soul you are. No wonder you're a Big fan of Trump.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Hornybull wrote:

I think Trump is doing a great job by not feeding the trolls. It's gotten crazy with everything being declared a human right apparently. Plus just because someone says x is a human right that doesn't make it true. Like the right of free speech vs the right to not be offended. The former is actually a right the latter is authoritarian oppression.

Good point, it shouldn't be considered a human right to think that one can go into one's embassy and be safe. I have no idea what came over me? One should expect to be murdered and cut into pieces when you go into a government building! You've really hit on a great improvement to our society.

It shouldn't be considered a human right, because it is not.

It's a treaty between nations that any one nation can break if they so desire and which happens all the time in corrupt country's and within nations at war.

That's not to say human life shouldn't be valued but don't project that human life is valued equally all over the world. It's not.

Not to mention his post was clearly not aimed at that given he didn't respond to that part.
Good finishing touch with the sarcasm and bulls-eye painting, seems to me both pro and anti trump supporters all fail at basics of communication.

and maybe i just fail across the board without being pro or anti.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Hornybull wrote:

You like laws regulating anti-social behaviour ... and offensive language. You are not a liberal you are authoritarian. You just don't know it yet.

Trump is the liberal, he don't like rules.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Hornybull wrote:

It shouldn't be considered a human right, because it is not.

It's a treaty between nations that any one nation can break if they so desire and which happens all the time in corrupt country's and within nations at war.

That's not to say human life shouldn't be valued but don't project that human life is valued equally all over the world. It's not.

Not to mention his post was clearly not aimed at that given he didn't respond to that part.
Good finishing touch with the sarcasm and bulls-eye painting, seems to me both pro and anti trump supporters all fail at basics of communication.

and maybe i just fail across the board without being pro or anti.

Peace,

-Boem-

Sorry Boem, in your zeal to try to be fair, you have said something so stupid, it is almost unbelievable. Life is a basic human right in most all places. It is a human right where I live, the USA. It is most likely recognized as such by the country you live in as well as the United Nations.

Here's some but not all Human rights as defined by the UN.
"
1. We Are All Born Free & Equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We should all be treated in the same way.

2. Don’t Discriminate. These rights belong to everybody, whatever our differences.

3. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety.

4. No Slavery. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave.

5. No Torture. Nobody has any right to hurt us or to torture us.

6. You Have Rights No Matter Where You Go. I am a person just like you!

7. We’re All Equal Before the Law. The law is the same for everyone. It must treat us all fairly.

8. Your Human Rights Are Protected by Law. We can all ask for the law to help us when we are not treated fairly.

9. No Unfair Detainment. Nobody has the right to put us in prison without good reason and keep us there, or to send us away from our country.

10. The Right to Trial. If we are put on trial this should be in public. The people who try us should not let anyone tell them what to do.

11. We’re Always Innocent Till Proven Guilty. Nobody should be blamed for doing something until it is proven. When people say we did a bad thing we have the right to show it is not true.

12. The Right to Privacy. Nobody should try to harm our good name. Nobody has the right to come into our home, open our letters, or bother us or our family without a good reason.

13. Freedom to Move. We all have the right to go where we want in our own country and to travel as we wish.

14. The Right to Seek a Safe Place to Live. If we are frightened of being badly treated in our own country, we all have the right to run away to another country to be safe.

15. Right to a Nationality. We all have the right to belong to a country.

https://www.youthforhumanrights.org/what-are-human-rights/universal-declaration-of-human-rights/articles-1-15.html

Fuck the UN? What does the USA constitution say?

"
Fifth Amendment
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Trump is a silly President that does not seem to believe in such rights, not unless you're the leader of a country or very rich.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
For the record, I disagreed with those people back then that started #NotMyPresident. He's done absolutely nothing to try to convince those people that did start it that they had misjudged the situation.

The whole reason they didn't vote for him was because they didn't want him. What's he supposed to say or do? It's like I said to people during the campaign, it's going to be close, and that's not a good thing for the country. You have it split nearly down the middle between 2 awful people, plus the actual majority of nonvoters. Hell, someone opposite you would likely make the same point if Hillary won, that she's not doing anything to have better relations with Trump voters, and she likely would never be able to build trust among them or any sensible person after that whole Bernie scandal.

So I don't think he ever stood a chance due to this generation's chosen flavor of 'bad male,' in addition to his actual character flaws. MSNBC, most watched "news" station in the world, puts everything he does in a negative light, even if other presidents have done the same. He can't defeat that. No matter how he may act or what he says, enough people think the news is always objective truth, especially when it's tickling their sore loser disposition.

"
Turtledove wrote:
All other Presidents in the modern era have cared about human rights and at least paid lip service to it.

At least you acknowledge that all it ever is is lip service, but it seems that people are more quick to call it that when Trump does it, like the speech he made after that synagogue was shot up.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Sorry Boem, in your zeal to try to be fair, you have said something so stupid, it is almost unbelievable. Life is a basic human right in most all places. It is a human right where I live, the USA. It is most likely recognized as such by the country you live in as well as the United Nations.

I didn't say anything stupid and i am not "zealous" just stating the obvious.

First of all the UN treaty is again that, a treaty. Which means it is a right until a nation decides its no longer a right.(infringes upon the treaty for which it can be penalized usually in the form of monetary contribution and jail-time for involved party's)

A corrupt nation or a nation at war does not subscribe to this treaty which means it is up to the UN to discipline globally if it sees fit to do so.

Reality check, it doesn't see fit to do so in most cases.

The UN has a pretty solid history of watching at the side-lines when it comes to waring nations and infringement on the charter of basic human rights. And when it get's involved it is heavily moderated due to it's nature.(the amount of nations involved and required to agree to act)

It usually ends up leting the infringing party carry out it's plan until somebody takes them down(non UN) and then puts them in front of a court after the infringements already occured on a mass scale and when the capturing nation is done.(so usually a conviction on-top of an already live long sentence "for show" one could say)

The UN is fine for natural disasters and aid missions for which nations can easily agree to step-up together, but it's near impotent when it comes to actual war zones. It usually ends up just sending out troops to defend key positions and maybe do some fly-overs.

You either don't understand my point or have no clue about actual war/war zones and geo-politics to think a signed treaty from the united nations imply's all human life is protected by right.
The fact it's called "the united nations" and not "the global nations" should be your first clue that it's not a global right.

Disregarding the fact on how they proceed with infringements on their charter.

Peace,

-Boem-
For an aspiring voice of reason, you're not doing so well, Boem. You've already descended into the pit of this metaphorical (your own metaphor, I might point out) monkey house to preach to the lower primates. Sadly, you fail to recognize the fact that the inmates might not take too well to being preached at, and certainly not by someone who assumes a superior moral and philosophical position.

You may even be right, but your own poo-flinging won't make you popular here. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
For an aspiring voice of reason, you're not doing so well, Boem. You've already descended into the pit of this metaphorical (your own metaphor, I might point out) monkey house to preach to the lower primates. Sadly, you fail to recognize the fact that the inmates might not take too well to being preached at, and certainly not by someone who assumes a superior moral and philosophical position.

You may even be right, but your own poo-flinging won't make you popular here. ='[.]'=

using past history as a basis for an argument isn't preaching neither is it
poo-flinging.

I'm highlighting why i don't consider it a "basic human right"
tl;dr it's not a global right extended to every single human on this planet and it is not absolute but derived by concensus between nations to act upon that statement as if it where true.
Which nations have already broken in the past and been sanctioned for(demonstrating it is a fragile truth)

It being fragile doesn't imply we should not strive to keep and uphold it.
But on a geo-political level the UN is pretty bad at enforcing it which doesn't really strike fear in the people most willing to break those rights.

I'm from Belgium, find it odd but i am sort of familiar with the UN and how it operates on a global scale.

And our history sort of highlights why we like global powers to play ball with one another and not spiral of in ideological lunacy. We didn't quite apreciate the last knuckle fight that came out of that ethic.

Consider this more preaching and poo-flinging if that makes your day sir.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : maybe you think saying "either you dont understand my point or you are cluelles about war/war zones and geo-politics" is an insult/poo-flinging when in fact most people are cluelles about those things and it's not really "shamefull" in any way or a misunderstanding happened.

Last edited by Boem on Mar 20, 2019, 11:58:30 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I didn't say anything stupid and i am not "zealous" just stating the obvious.

First of all the UN treaty is again that, a treaty. Which means it is a right until a nation decides its no longer a right.(infringes upon the treaty for which it can be penalized usually in the form of monetary contribution and jail-time for involved party's)

A corrupt nation or a nation at war does not subscribe to this treaty which means it is up to the UN to discipline globally if it sees fit to do so.

Reality check, it doesn't see fit to do so in most cases.

The UN has a pretty solid history of watching at the side-lines when it comes to waring nations and infringement on the charter of basic human rights. And when it get's involved it is heavily moderated due to it's nature.(the amount of nations involved and required to agree to act)

It usually ends up leting the infringing party carry out it's plan until somebody takes them down(non UN) and then puts them in front of a court after the infringements already occured on a mass scale and when the capturing nation is done.(so usually a conviction on-top of an already live long sentence "for show" one could say)

The UN is fine for natural disasters and aid missions for which nations can easily agree to step-up together, but it's near impotent when it comes to actual war zones. It usually ends up just sending out troops to defend key positions and maybe do some fly-overs.

You either don't understand my point or have no clue about actual war/war zones and geo-politics to think a signed treaty from the united nations imply's all human life is protected by right.
The fact it's called "the united nations" and not "the global nations" should be your first clue that it's not a global right.

Disregarding the fact on how they proceed with infringements on their charter.

Peace,

-Boem-

War zones are completely irrelevant to this discussion. The victim was not killed in a war zone. He was murdered in an embassy in Turkey. You seem to be making the irrelevant argument that sometimes our human rights are violated. That is an irrelevant argument.

You have made an outlandish claim without anything to back it up. I made the sane claim that right to life was a right in almost the whole world. I proved that it was in fact the case in the UN and the USA. It also is a human right in Turkey.

According to the Turkey Consitition
"
Article 17: Personal Inviolability, Material and Spiritual Entity of the Individual (right to life)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Turkey

It is a human right in Saudi Arabia as well although it is more frequently violated there than in Turkey or many other parts of the world.
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 21, 2019, 12:17:26 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:

War zones are completely irrelevant to this discussion. The victim was not killed in a war zone. He was murdered in an embassy in Turkey. You seem to be making the irrelevant argument that sometimes our human rights are violated. That is an irrelevant argument.

You have made an outlandish claim without anything to back it up. I made the sane claim that right to life was a right in almost the whole world. I proved that it was in fact the case in the UN and the USA. It also is a human right in Turkey.

According to the Turkey Consitition
"
Article 17: Personal Inviolability, Material and Spiritual Entity of the Individual (right to life)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Turkey

It is a human right in Saudi Arabia as well although it is more frequently violated there than in Turkey or many other parts of the world.

"
1952 - Turkey abandons Ataturk's neutralist policy and joins Nato.

1960 - Army coup against ruling Democratic Party.

1974 - Turkish troops occupy northern Cyprus, partitioning the island.

1984 - Kurdish PKK group launches separatists guerrilla campaign which develops into a major civil war that simmers on for decades.

2011 - Syrian civil war breaks out, resulting in tension along the countries' border and a huge influx of refugees into Turkey.

2016 - Attempted coup fails.

2017 - Referendum approves switch to presidential system.

Small historical time-line, you can go back to 1930+- where stability in the country goes in decline.

And now they have erdogan which isn't exactly known for his strong principles and questions still haven't been answered about his election or the validity of it.

Turkey isn't hardly as stable a country as you make it out to be and violations of the human rights charter have been continuesly ongoing for the past 40+ years in off and on successions.

I have turkish friends who still have parents living over there and 2016 was brutal even for the more succesfull "toerist" locations in turkey.(which are generally saved from internal conflict)
Up to a point where flight restrictions where enacted in the EU for visitors to turkey.

It being written down or actually being enacted and enforced are two entirely different things.

I think i will stick with my claime that you aren't aware of geo-politics.

Give this a read if you want a broad stroke insight in the current leader of turkey and if you think he's the kind of guy going all "pro human rights charter enactment".

If your interested as to why the EU is interested in "talking" with such a leader, i can go deeper into that.
But it won't make the story any more pleasant.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : on a side note, let this one run true your mind.

When the coup in 2016 took place, 3500 people of the juridicial system in turkey where arrested and imprisoned.
This is relevant because they where arrested merely 2 hours after the coup started and nation-wide. Obviously, most where opposition of the current leader erdogan.

But you can probably look up these things if your interested and decide for yourself.
Last edited by Boem on Mar 21, 2019, 12:56:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info