ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Turtledove wrote:

Of course I "partially quoted in order to drive my agenda."

Let me paraphrase the part that I cut out on purpose and explicitly stated that I cut it out on purpose. He basically said that NPD is not an indication of mental illness in some. To that I say so f---ing what? I don't remember saying that Trump was mental ill. I said he was an NPD. The signature underlying issue with someone that has NPD is difficulty having empathy for others.

Lack of NPD is a Trump trademark. When he has shown any empathy it is because he was directed to by his handlers. Did you see when he had the White House meeting with the kids and parents from the Florida high school shooting? His handlers wrote him a small cheat sheet to reference when talking to them. What was the bold main item on there? It was "show empathy". They did that because they know he otherwise probably wouldn't.

I'll cut a long post short and simply ask.

What's the problem with lacking empathy as a president to fullfill the position?

And even that i find sort of questionable because i don't think being narcistic to a high degree iliminates empathy entirely so i don't think it's black and white.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Of course I "partially quoted in order to drive my agenda."

Let me paraphrase the part that I cut out on purpose and explicitly stated that I cut it out on purpose. He basically said that NPD is not an indication of mental illness in some. To that I say so f---ing what? I don't remember saying that Trump was mental ill. I said he was an NPD. The signature underlying issue with someone that has NPD is difficulty having empathy for others.

Lack of NPD is a Trump trademark. When he has shown any empathy it is because he was directed to by his handlers. Did you see when he had the White House meeting with the kids and parents from the Florida high school shooting? His handlers wrote him a small cheat sheet to reference when talking to them. What was the bold main item on there? It was "show empathy". They did that because they know he otherwise probably wouldn't.

I'll cut a long post short and simply ask.

What's the problem with lacking empathy as a president to fullfill the position?

And even that i find sort of questionable because i don't think being narcistic to a high degree iliminates empathy entirely so i don't think it's black and white.

Peace,

-Boem-

Empathy is an extremely important trait, IMHO, especially for a President. His lack of empathy, for example, might explain why he only wants to be President of the red states and is not concerned about being President of the whole United States. Lack of empathy also indicates a likelihood that the person will be selfish. Like perhaps making foreign policy decisions based on what is good for him personally rather than what is good for the country. A specific example is not caring that a USA resident was brutally murdered and cut into pieces in the Saudi Arabia embassy or not caring about human rights violations in general.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
i see an opinion followed by conjecture.

Past president's did all of the things you mentioned aswell.

The empathy thing fascinates me though, since it made me think this.

"is he being empathic when he calls back the troops from foreign nations or not?"

You can easily make a case for it in both directions yes/no if so desired.

I guess when bush was active you could go for the "selfish" trait since he directly profited from the war if i'm not mistaken.

And i remember reading obama signed of the most bombings/drone attacks of all recent presidents, is that a sign of a lack of empathy and maybe an infringement on human rights?(civilian casualties and friendly fire issues)

Keep in mind, i'm not judging any of them, just trying to understand what makes trump so different as a president appart from the "i dislike him as a human" sentiment.

You can probably find 50 flaws in each past president so i don't really understand the disproportionate hate.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
Turtledove wrote:
His lack of empathy, for example, might explain why he only wants to be President of the red states and is not concerned about being President of the whole United States.

He didn't start #NotMyPresident ..

"
Turtledove wrote:
A specific example is not caring that a USA resident was brutally murdered and cut into pieces in the Saudi Arabia embassy or not caring about human rights violations in general.

Has any president tried to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for anything ever? If not, I don't think it's fair to criticize Trump on that particularly.
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
But lots of successful people are extremely narcissistic without being mentally ill — think most celebrities, many politicians, and a fair percentage of writers, artists, lawyers, doctors, and professors. To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.

I can think of plenty of celebrities and writers and such whose narcissism manifests with significant distress... And more than a fair few of those hurl the narcissistic personality disorder diagnosis against the cause of their distress, President Trump. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
But lots of successful people are extremely narcissistic without being mentally ill — think most celebrities, many politicians, and a fair percentage of writers, artists, lawyers, doctors, and professors. To qualify for narcissistic personality disorder, an individual’s selfish, unempathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.

I can think of plenty of celebrities and writers and such whose narcissism manifests with significant distress... And more than a fair few of those hurl the narcissistic personality disorder diagnosis against the cause of their distress, President Trump. =^[.]^=

Don't fling shit needlessly it doesn't help either side and shows a lack of aesthetic.

It's a real turn-off to a conversation.

I guess this is what happens when people go into "group-think" mode, trying to score points and golden stars with no thought spend on grace and honor.

I'll keep pulling both teams in this thread to the middle if i have to or exhaust all of you, given my post history some of you can imagine i'm not even bluffing i assume :p

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

Don't fling shit needlessly it doesn't help either side and shows a lack of aesthetic.

It's a real turn-off to a conversation.

I guess this is what happens when people go into "group-think" mode, trying to score points and golden stars with no thought spend on grace and honor.

I'll keep pulling both teams in this thread to the middle if i have to or exhaust all of you, given my post history some of you can imagine i'm not even bluffing i assume :p

Peace,

-Boem-

With respect, don't assume you know my mind or motives for flinging feces. Just watch me smile while I do it. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

With respect, don't assume you know my mind or motives for flinging feces. Just watch me smile while I do it. =^[.]^=

Never forget, some of that shit sticks to your hands and gets transfered to people you might hold dear.

Metaphorically and not-so metaphorically.

I'm not convinced an "amused" face is relatable.
Maybe we enjoy different fetishes.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
"
Turtledove wrote:
His lack of empathy, for example, might explain why he only wants to be President of the red states and is not concerned about being President of the whole United States.

For the record, I disagreed with those people back then that started #NotMyPresident. He's done absolutely nothing to try to convince those people that did start it that they had misjudged the situation.

"
"
Turtledove wrote:
A specific example is not caring that a USA resident was brutally murdered and cut into pieces in the Saudi Arabia embassy or not caring about human rights violations in general.

Has any president tried to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for anything ever? If not, I don't think it's fair to criticize Trump on that particularly.

All other Presidents in the modern era have cared about human rights and at least paid lip service to it.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
"
Turtledove wrote:

For the record, I disagreed with those people back then that started #NotMyPresident. He's done absolutely nothing to try to convince those people that did start it that they had misjudged the situation.

"
"
Turtledove wrote:

All other Presidents in the modern era have cared about human rights and at least paid lip service to it.

I think Trump is doing a great job by not feeding the trolls. It's gotten crazy with everything being declared a human right apparently. Plus just because someone says x is a human right that doesn't make it true. Like the right of free speech vs the right to not be offended. The former is actually a right the latter is authoritarian oppression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info