ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Some people will find a way to justify everything he does and says, including that time he helped the Saudis murder an American resident and get away with it.
Well, yeah. Some.

But I am appalled by the Trump administration's complicity in Saudi war and assassination. Trump has a noticeably lower body count than Bush 43 or Obama, but it's nevertheless disappointing that Trump's number is as high as it is. We should expect, and demand, zero, excepting clear and provable cases of national defense, which isn't the case here.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Sorry that you are bothered that you were unsuccessful in convincing me that our President is not a racist. You have over 100 million other people to convince though. So now is not the time to give up on your quest.
"
Nearly 6 in 10 Americans believe that the president is a racist, according to a February 2018 Associated Press poll. That number is much higher among African Americans.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am not defending Trump against racism generally — at least, not right now. What I am defending him from is the claim, echoed by you, that he said some white nationalists are fine people. More importantly, I'm on the offensive — I am accusing the corporatist media of perpetrating a hoax upon the people of the US and the world.
Trying to move the goalposts again? Sad.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 7:02:09 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Some people will find a way to justify everything he does and says, including that time he helped the Saudis murder an American resident and get away with it.
Well, yeah. Some.

But I am appalled by the Trump administration's complicity in Saudi war and assassination. Trump has a noticeably lower body count than Bush 43 or Obama, but it's nevertheless disappointing that Trump's number is as high as it is. We should expect, and demand, zero, excepting clear and provable cases of national defense, which isn't the case here.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Sorry that you are bothered that you were unsuccessful in convincing me that our President is not a racist. You have over 100 million other people to convince though. So now is not the time to give up on your quest.
"
Nearly 6 in 10 Americans believe that the president is a racist, according to a February 2018 Associated Press poll. That number is much higher among African Americans.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am not defending Trump against racism generally — at least, not right now. What I am defending him from is the claim, echoed by you, that he said some white nationalists are fine people. More importantly, I'm on the offensive — I am accusing the corporatist media of perpetrating a hoax upon the people of the US and the world.
Trying to move the goalposts again? Sad.

My goal posts have not budged. You are being silly to even think we have the same goal post. We obviously do not have the same goal post.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
My goal posts have not budged. You are being silly to even think we have the same goal post. We obviously do not have the same goal post.
Let me see if I got this right: You admit that Trump didn't say white nationalists are fine people. You admit that CNN falsely claimed falsely that Trump said the tiki torch marchers were fine people (to quote you, had a "disagreement" with the truth), as recently as Monday. But you don't care about any of that, and you consider CNN's false claim to be Trump's fault, because Orange Man racist.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

And if so, was Jussie Smollett's false claim Trump's fault as well?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 8:06:51 PM
You know when even people like Orrin Hatch have a problem with the speech and people like David Duke and Cory Gardner praise the speech you screwed up. The false equivalency is what upset people and only the cult will defend it.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
You know when even people like Orrin Hatch have a problem with the speech and people like David Duke and Cory Gardner praise the speech you screwed up.
Check out who Duke endorses for 2020. Strange he'd prefer a Democrat woman of color over Trump.

I give zero fucks what Duke thinks and it's more than a little pathetic that he gets media attention, or any other kind, for these stunts. I only link to coverage of him in hopes of convincing you of the validity of this position.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 7:51:52 PM
Whats strange is someone being dumb enough to think that support is real.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
Whats strange is someone being dumb enough to think that support is real.
So when Duke endorses Gabbard, it's ironic, but when Duke endorses a speech where Trump says "white nationalists… should be condemned totally," it's serious business?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Let me see if I got this right: You admit that Trump didn't say white nationalists are fine people. You admit that CNN claimed (to quote you, had a "disagreement" with the truth) falsely that Trump said the tiki torch marchers were fine people, as recently as Monday. But you don't care about any of that, and you consider CNN's false claim to be Trump's fault, because Orange Man racist.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

And if so, was Jussie Smollett's false claim Trump's fault as well?

I agree that Trump didn't say white nationalist are fine people in that one video. I did not admit to any CNN stuff. I did not listen carefully to the CNN clip because I don't consider it important for the reasons that I stated. To reiterate, I agree with the over 50% of Americans that believe Trump is a racist. CNN did not seem to be arguing that Trump was racist solely because of that one clip.

Regarding the false assertion that I'm moving goalposts, my goalposts are not moving and I'm not responsible for establishing your goalposts. It seemed you were trying to convince me that Trump was not a racist. If that was not your goal then, oh well, I guessed wrong. It seemed like a reasonable assumption on my part. I admit I do not know what your goals are.

Edit: regarding Smollett, Smollett is a fool that was trying to help his own career by breaking the law. In doing that he destroyed his career and I'm pleased by that.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Feb 27, 2019, 8:16:14 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
It seemed you were trying to convince me that Trump was not a racist. If that was not your goal then, oh well, I guessed wrong. It seemed like a reasonable assumption on my part. I admit I do not know what your goals are.

Do I have to post them a THIRD time, or can you just scroll up?
"
Turtledove wrote:
I did not admit to any CNN stuff.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Regarding your position that he never said white nationalist at that march were fine people, I can grant you that.
Okay, so can we agree then that CNN has lied to its audience as recently as Monday? (I tried to find a non-Breitbart link but CNN scrubbed the video from its website.)
"
Turtledove wrote:
As I said, he was trying to defend the racists the best he could. That involved trying to claim that many there were protesting nothing more than a statue, which I don't believe. I believe that Trump was just trying to split hairs because he wanted to defend the racists. Which is what he did.
Do you think everyone who was protesting the statue was racist? Because Trump explicitly said that "white nationalists… should be condemned totally" just seconds after the sound bite. If he condemns white nationalistm at the same time he says some protesting the removal were "fine people," seems to me he wasn't defending the racists.
This disagreement on what he meant is what should be expected when our President splits hairs when trying to defend racists as best as he can. Our previous Presidents never had a problem similar to this because they weren't racist and didn't do this. Instead they were just unequivocal in their condemnation of racism and didn't try to split hairs.
In other words, CNN should be expected to disagree with the truth that Trump didn't say white nationalists are fine people when Trump talks the way he talks. This is simultaneously admitting that CNN put out fake news and excusing it.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 8:33:09 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
It seemed you were trying to convince me that Trump was not a racist. If that was not your goal then, oh well, I guessed wrong. It seemed like a reasonable assumption on my part. I admit I do not know what your goals are.

Do I have to post them a THIRD time, or can you just scroll up?

Sorry, I don't care enough to go back and reread posts to try to figure out what you are going on about. If your whole goal was to try and prove CNN is some evil organization or something, I care even less about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info