ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
only the President came to their defense.
False. He said they "should be condemned totally" at the very press conference the media misquoted him from.

Did you even read the transcript? You really should.
I listened to the President's words myself.
Probably without the surrounding context and prepped to assume the worst by mainstream propaganda.
"
Turtledove wrote:
My understanding of what the President said agrees with a very large percentage of the population.
Yes, that's what happens when the corporatist media perpetrates a hoax.
"
Turtledove wrote:
If we're all mistaken then the President could have corrected the record himself. He didn't because there was no need.
He did exactly that two days later. The media spun it as disingenuous backpedaling in the face of popular outrage.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Counting on someone else to explain to us what the President really meant makes no sense and seems to be a ridiculous endeavor.
I am asking you to look at the empirical evidence and stop believing it the way it was explained to you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 1:00:59 AM
First off, when Trump said the "good people on both sides" it was in reaction of a self proclaimed neo-nazi running over someone. It was the protesting side against the counter protesting (and racist) side. It wasn't about the group that wanted Lee statue to remain (although a good portion of that group was in the counter-protesting side).

It took 3 days for Trump to denounce the actions that took place that day.

Once again, the mistake you are making is that you think that the statement of Trump was about the rallying of a few people about the Lee statue when it was about what happened (the run over) during that event.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Turtledove wrote:
edit: You seem to be confusing the President's first scripted words with what he said when he was off script and saying what he really felt.
LOL

I wrote that transcript myself, listening to uncut video of the press conference. The link for source points to raw video.
"
faerwin wrote:
First off, when Trump said the "good people on both sides" it was in reaction of a self proclaimed neo-nazi running over someone.
edit: The intent of the press conference was to talk about a subject completely unrelated to Charlottesville. Naturally, once allowed to ask questions, journalists asked about Charlottesville. The only thing Trunp was reacting to was off-topic questions.
"
faerwin wrote:
It was the protesting side against the counter protesting (and racist) side. It wasn't about the group that wanted Lee statue to remain (although a good portion of that group was in the counter-protesting side).
This simply isn't true. Either read the transcript or, if you prefer, watch the entire press conference. The context is clear and demonstrable by evidence.
"
faerwin wrote:
It took 3 days for Trump to denounce the actions that took place that day.
He denounced the white nationalists during the very first press conference, in plain language.
"
faerwin wrote:
Once again, the mistake you are making is that you think that the statement of Trump was about the rallying of a few people about the Lee statue when it was about what happened (the run over) during that event.
It's not a mistake when Trump, not two minutes later, clarifies that he's talking about the two sides of the statue debate and publicly condemns the white nationalists in attendance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 3:28:33 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am asking you to look at the empirical evidence and stop believing it the way it was explained to you.

I listened to the President's words myself. There is no hoax.

You are asking me to listen to someone's else's explanation while criticizing me for listening to someone else's explanation. But, I listened to the President's words myself.

You probably don't believe that his Obama birther nonsense was racist either? I mention this only to emphasis that there will likely never be an agreement between the two of us on this point.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Guys, I just read that the entire white house media got kicked out of their hotel by Kim Jung Un.

And that everyone suspects the President was in on it, because he hates the press and made the arrangements.

I think I can get behind that conspiracy theory.
*googles this story*

Two key details you left out:
1. Kim Jung Un is staying at the same hotel, but didn't announce his plans in advance (as he shouldn't, for security reasons).
2. The press have since relocated to a new hotel a couple blocks away.

Well, the media had also set-up a few thousand dollars of equipment set-up at the location that they were going to use during the meeting that will no longer be in use.

Cameras, flags, and such.

It's being reported as a bit of a snub, since they have to lift everything outta there and do it all over again.

And honestly, I think that's might have actually happened seeing as Trump could have told Kim Jung Un what would happen if he were to stay at the same exact hotel.

aka, he got them all kicked out and laughed as they had to lug all their stuff out the door, lol. I mean I'm definitely reaching into my magic/crazy democrat friends here, but it's hilarious to think that Trump was in on it.
(⌐■_■)
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So did I. Your interpretation is wrong.

How about this: humor me and go watch the source video (my transcript begins at 17:25, what I think you vaguely remember starts at 18:28). Listen until both my transcript is finished and you hear the short, contextless sound bite you remember — should take less than 3 minutes. Then tell me what I got wrong. And if you don't hear what you remember, find video of it and link it.

Faerwin, you too, please.
"
Turtledove wrote:
You probably don't believe that his Obama birther nonsense was racist either? I mention this only to emphasis that there will likely never be an agreement between the two of us on this point.
Birtherism is the belief that Obama was born in a foreign country (usually Kenya) and that his Hawaiian birth certificate is a forgery. There isn't anything inherently racist about that.

I tend to poke my nose in weird places on the internet, and the vast majority of Birthers I've seen online HAVE been overt racists, but I've seen one who I think isn't. However, that evidence is anecdotal; I don't really know the correlation between Birtherism and racism, even if I suspect that correlation is scary high. I can, however, reason that it isn't a perfect (1.0) correlation.

I'd wager that there have been black Birthers. Not that I know of any, but I'm not going to bother Googling it.

As far as what I believe, I legit don't give a fuck. I think anyone born anywhere should be allowed to run, and if they get the votes they need, then their presidency is the will of the people. If tomorrow the big headline was "Obama birth certificate proved fake" I still would say ole Barry won the office fair and square. So I haven't put too much effort in deciding whether I think Obama was or wasn't born in the US. It's a moot point, and more importantly a stupid rule.

I think Obama was a shitty President (not Bush 43 shitty but still). But that's a different issue from whether his win was legitimate. Can't blame him for our votes — he didn't put a gun to our head or nothing. We did that to ourselves. Twice.

Although I wouldn't want the procedure to become routine, I think a national vote on whether someone should or shouldn't be a US citizen, wherein the majority vote "should," should make one a US citizen, by itself. I believe that was implied in the 2008 election. Obama's a US citizen to me even if, by some strange circumstances, he wasn't born here.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 2:28:21 AM
Also, you know I'm surprised that Rachel_GGG hasn't just outright banned you with how many times she's had to edit you Scottie.

lol, what's going on there my man.
(⌐■_■)
Man, faerwin and turtle must happen to have the same bedtime. That's amazin'!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So did I. Your interpretation is wrong.

How about this: humor me and go watch the source video (my transcript begins at 17:25, what I think you vaguely remember starts at 18:28). Listen until both my transcript is finished and you hear the short, contextless sound bite you remember — should take less than 3 minutes. Then tell me what I got wrong. And if you don't hear what you remember, find video of it and link it.

Faerwin, you too, please.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Birtherism is the belief that Obama was born in a foreign country (usually Kenya) and that his Hawaiian birth certificate is a forgery. There isn't anything inherently racist about that.

I tend to poke my nose in weird places on the internet, and the vast majority of Birthers I've seen online HAVE been overt racists, but I've seen one who I think isn't. However, that evidence is anecdotal; I don't really know the correlation between Birtherism and racism, even if I suspect that correlation is scary high. I can, however, reason that it isn't a perfect (1.0) correlation.

I'd wager that there have been black Birthers. Not that I know of any, but I'm not going to bother Googling it.

As far as what I believe, I legit don't give a fuck. I think anyone born anywhere should be allowed to run, and if they get the votes they need, then their presidency is the will of the people. If tomorrow the big headline was "Obama birth certificate proved fake" I still would say ole Barry won the office fair and square. So I haven't put too much effort in deciding whether I think Obama was or wasn't born in the US. It's a moot point, and more importantly a stupid rule.

I think Obama was a shitty President (not Bush 43 shitty but still). But that's a different issue from whether his win was legitimate. Can't blame him for our votes — he didn't put a gun to our head or nothing. We did that to ourselves. Twice.

Although I wouldn't want the procedure to become routine, I think a national vote on whether someone should or shouldn't be a US citizen, wherein the majority vote "should," should make one a US citizen, by itself. I believe that was implied in the 2008 election. Obama's a US citizen to me even if, by some strange circumstances, he wasn't born here.

I watched the whole thing.

I believe Trump's position that people were there to protest only the taking down of the statue is not true. If anyone fell into that category (however unlikely) they would have noticed all the racists around and left. His analogy about taking down George Washington statues being similar because Washington owned slaves is bullshit. Robert E. Lee fought a civil war to protect slavery and so is beloved by racists, not because he owned slaves. Robert E. Lee is a symbol of racism, George Washington is not a symbol of racism. I assume that Trump was spewing alt-right nonsense. He came out strong against violence but not racism, he defended the racists the best he could though.

Trump pushed the birther nonsense because he is a racist.

When Trump is reading a script, he is fine. When Trump is speaking off script then you can have a better idea what he really believes.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I believe Trump's position that people were there to protest only the taking down of the statue is not true.
But that is what he said. When he said there were fine people on both sides, he explicitly was talking about both sides of taking down the statue, and he explicitly condemned the white nationalists, right? What you're saying now is that those protestors weren't primarily protesting that statue and were primarily supporting white supremacy, but I wasn't talking about if you think Trump was factually correct — I wasn't asking if some of the statue protesters were fine people or not, I was talking about whether Trump said some white nationalists are fine people. He didn't, and you know it.

To clarify, I think it would have been fine for a newspaper to put out an opinion piece (not straight news) headlined "Trump said some against removing Lee's statue were fine people while they were heavily infiltrated by white nationalists." That's fair coverage, but it's opinion because "heavily" is subjective and "most" would probably be incorrect. What isn't fair is a headline for a non-opinion piece that says "Trump says some white nationalists are fine people." Trump never said that. That is the hoax.
"
Turtledove wrote:
If anyone fell into that category (however unlikely) they would have noticed all the racists around and left.
It must be nice of having the superpower of being able to detect racists just by looking at them.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 12:08:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info