ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
faerwin wrote:
If this is truly what you think the democrats want, then you ate too many trumpills and are brainwashed.
By "Democrats" I mean the politicians who identify as such. Of course I don't think most people who vote Democrat want these things, but I do wonder why they vote Democrat when they don't want them.

Oh yeah! They're scared of being called racists. That's why.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It's so hard to stand by either Republicans or Democrats when both sides have retarded stances on various things. You'd need a masters degree in politics as well as a decade of research just to decide which side is likely to be the lesser evil another decade down the road...

At least hating Trump is easy, what with his entire 'political' presence consisting of education vs ignorance.
"
It's so hard to stand by either Republicans or Democrats when both sides have retarded stances on various things.
While this is true, Trump has been behind a trend of dropping retarded stances and stealing winning stances from the Democrats, who have responded by attacking positions they formerly held. Trump's stances on illegal immigration, military interventionism, avoiding a new Cold War with Russia, and others were Democratic positions, some as recently as 2012. The trend is that the Republican platform is improving as the Democrat platform is weakening.

It's worth repeating here that I was a Democrat about 15 years ago, and I don't believe I was wrong then. At that time, the Dems had the stronger platform. But the unfortunate reality is that power corrupts and having a strong brand is a particularly potent form of power. This community is keenly aware how the power of branding led Blizzard to follow Diablo 2 with Diablo 3 and still make huge money on pre-orders based on trust, and slow to realize that D3 is not a spiritual successor to its nominal predecessor. I wasn't fooled by D3 for too long, and grew to hate the Diablo dev team of 2011, but this doesn't mean I suddenly hated the work of the Diablo dev team of 1999.

In a sinilar way, people like faerwin might imagine the old Democrat platform in place of seeing the recent changes, not willing to accept that some of "their" policies aren't Democrat anymore. The Democrats had a better brand going into '16, and arguably still have a better brand, but that is precisely why the Democrat platform has been eroding — they felt they could afford it — and why the GOP platform has been improving — because they needed to reform to recapture viability.

And I'm predicting right now that some day — maybe 5 years from now, but more likely a solid decade — I'll be a Democrat again, as the brand Trump built leads Republicans to decadence and a desperate Democrat Party finally reforms itself. Eventually — not soon, but eventually — Charan will get his wish, and we'll be back to his team being the good guys.

I don't think the above was exactly obvious, but I don't think it requires a master's degree either.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 11, 2019, 10:54:49 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
So the word 'Xavderion' doesn't appear in the dictionary, but if it did, I believe the definition would be something like: a grasper of straws.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/failed-to-withhold-enough-tax-in-2018-the-irs-has-a-nasty-surprise-for-you.html

This even addresses your silly interest free loan argument. At the very least, consider that this tax reform and the subsequent required changes would make seeing an accountant all the more necessary, which in turn is an extra burden on the middle class cost-wise.

And if find nbc too 'fake' for you, hit up twitter because there is a huge mass of backlash from middle class Americans over this. Delightfully, many of them claim to have voted for Trump.

So people who fail to deal with their taxes are "surprised" (too lazy to make a surprised pikachu meme). Still doesn't explain how the middle class is suffering due to this. On average, everyone has more money on their paycheck. Big win for the middle class.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

On top of all that:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2018/12/18/not-so-happy-birthday-to-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act/

The long term effects of this act look really grim, but what does Trump care? He will invariably be gone by then, and his short term gain will be someone else's mess to clean up.

Anyone even vaguely aware of how Trump operated his dodgy businesses saw this coming a mile away. The pathetic, greedy, selfish myopia of those who didn't should never have been enough to allow a known con man into the highest office in the world.

Those are "estimates" in "studies" by "experts" who get it wrong most of the time. Watch this 3 minute video with super expert Paul Krugman to understand what I mean.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-03-01/economist-paul-krugman-doesn-t-see-return-to-3-growth

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
White privilege most definitely exists. Its just largely an American only phenom (I would hate to be black over there right now) and considered just one more delusion everywhere else.
Asian privilege, otoh, is purely financial. Much harder to declare as a delusion.

Don't confuse the idea of acting privileged with actually having it. Whites act privileged in the US simply by the colour of their skin and the result manifests in some frankly horrifying statistics between white and black. Asians living privileged lives, and there are many, earned it. They do not feel inherently superior over anyone based on something as ineffectual as skin colour. Money talks. Your bullshit, Xav, walks, mostly around in dumb little circles.

further academic reading, if you think you're up to it. Only has one picture and that's pretty highbrow in itself.

https://arcade.stanford.edu/blogs/what-happened-white-privilege

which in turn references this

https://www.racialequitytools.org/resourcefiles/mcintosh.pdf

http://www.collegeart.org/pdf/diversity/white-privilege-and-male-privilege.pdf

Which is much heavier but I am sure if you take it slow, maybe read it aloud, you will do just fine.

But we both know you won't even try. Too much risk of understanding some of it and having to change your mind about some beliefs sacred to your moral and political ideology.

You can't convince me by posting non-scientific ideological circlejerk material from people who teach mostly made up bullshit. Just because something is "academic" it doesn't mean it's not trash. The softer the science, the more bullshit it contains. I could link you to the trolls who got entirely made up papers published with regards to Gender Studies just because they played to the publishers' biases. It's a bigly circlejerk and you know it.

There are two reasons why black people are on average worse off than anyone else, they leave school too early and they have broken up families (deadbeat dads and moms who irresponsibly choose the dads) which both leads to economic problems which is the core reason why they're doing badly. Fix both issues and suddenly they're doing fine, no whitey to put them down. This btw also explains why Asians and Jews are doing superb.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I've made clear time and again I couldn't care less whether the US President is Republican or Democrat, and you still say 'my team'? Hell, even my latest post makes clear I just want Trump gone. I would feel exactly the same had he been Democratic, but...that's moot, because he's not. Hardly much of a Republican either but he knew he'd never win as an Independent so he co-opted the party most likely to be seduced by his crude facsimile of charisma and incessant lying.
You mean, the party with the weakest brand at the time? I agree! He's not properly Republican nor Democrat.

Well, here's the basic itinerary for the US presidency for the next couple decades or so:
Just under 6 more years of Trump
0-4 years of Absolute Train Wreck (D)
4-8 years of Trump Lite (R)
8 years of Hero the Media Hates at First (D)
0-4 years of Absolute Train Wreck (R)
4-8 years of Rides on Hero's Coattails (D)
Paul/Paul 2028

Also, Scrotes, were you at the Trump Rally or the Beto Rally?
Last edited by Xavderion on Feb 12, 2019, 1:27:50 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

There are two reasons why black people are on average worse off than anyone else, they leave school too early and they have broken up families (deadbeat dads and moms who irresponsibly choose the dads).

So, you're just racist. Got it. Bye.

Predictable but still sad.
By the way, the El Paso rally was held in a venue maybe... one third the capacity of the number of tickets given out? You need to have some serious Black Friday levels of prep and dedication to get into a Trump rally because the line goes on thousands of people long. Silly me not taking the day off work to camp for hours before doors open.

By the way, if you've never seen a few thousands of people in line before, it's pretty fucking surreal.

Even then, I would have seen Trump directly, if not for the tinted windows of the presidential limo. Still multiple hundreds of people ahead of me in line when he drove by, so finally bought a MAGA hat from a vendor and went home feeling kinda blueballed.

Oh, and to science things out a bit, I tried talking with people on the shuttle ride over (because there was no parking available anywhere remotely near the venue), and most didn't jump into conversation. One guy did, and I'd be lying if I said he wasn't a little culty... I tested him with a Trump quote (and lie) about violent crime and he told me it wasn't a lie because dealing illegal drugs is, by his definition, inherently violent crime. Talk about mental gymnastics. Based off facial cues I think some who overheard him disagreed, but weren't willing to voice it. Same guy was also hoping aloud that lots of people inside the event would turn out to be Antifa rioters and get removed by security so he'd have a chance to get in (which wouldn't have worked even if fully half the people ahead of him were violent protestors).

Only one guy, admittedly, but still... think about how much more true-believer the people who camp for hours are.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2019, 1:58:54 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Predictable because it's fucking true.

I guess trying to work with actual numbers instead of made up bullshit is racist.

These show how getting off school earlier and being in a non-intact family impacts income levels.

Spoiler

These show that black people suffer from both of these problems disproportionately.

Spoiler

These show that solving those problems would help black people.

Spoiler

"
鬼殺し wrote:
If you say something about a race or demographic that you wouldn't say to their face, that's because you know it's offensive by being racist/prejudiced. And you know you'd never say this to a black person's face

Being offended on other people's behalf, that's a classic among white leftists from the US so you would fit right in. I bet a lot of black people in the US are aware of the problems and would happily discuss them and look for a real solution instead of some feel-good bullshit from "academia".

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Because you're a coward who spouts baseless shit on the internet but wouldn't stand by any of it in real life.

Ironic you call it baseless since I provided numbers and all you provided is made-up nonsense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info