ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Whats funny is you believe Trump actually wants a wall. He likes cheap labor like the rest of us. Said what he had to say to get elected now can blame dems for "rolling" him

Remember politicians are at best Venal.

He had two years of FULL control to get one and now it's a issue? I have beach front property in Oklahoma to sell you.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2019, 6:00:10 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Whats funny is you believe Trump actually wants a wall. He likes cheap labor like the rest of us. Said what he had to say to get elected now can blame dems for "rolling" him

He had two years of FULL control to get one and now it's a issue? I have beach front property in Oklahoma to sell you.

I think he wants a wall because he believes he wouldn't get reelected if he doesn't fulfill his campaign promise. potayto potahto
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I think he wants a wall because he believes he wouldn't get reelected if he doesn't fulfill his campaign promise. potayto potahto

Oh sure he proposed a partial wall and will probably get something like a few stakes in the desert and call it win, not at all that effective because of dems he'll say. At the end of the day tho they are playing you just like Obama played us on universal HC making us buy insurance from private companies who do everything they can to deny HC. When you accept others lording over you u will get screwed to their interests and make things worse.
Git R Dun!
He won't get even a partial wall now (after caving) unless he goes unitary executive. And if he doesn't get at least a partial wall, his base won't reelect him. So he's going to go all unitary executive, at which point we get a full wall, because I don't see how he'd explain a partial to his base at that point.

I think Aim might have a point about Trump not actually wanting the wall when he campaigned on it, but ironically the Dems are forcing him into it. And even though I'd gladly pay my fair share for a wall that stops even 20% of illegal immigration, pneuma's research shows it is unlikely to stop much more than 30% of it, perhaps less as illegal immigrants change strategy in response to changing conditions. Illegal immigration will still be a problem even post-wall, and I think that's the Dem strategy for making Trump look stupid here:
1. Force him to go unitary executive to get the wall built
2. Let the facts show the problem still exists even after going to such drastic measures

I don't know how Trump will get out of that trap. But he probably will. Every other time I've thought him trapped, he got out like the political Houdini he is. I just wish I understood why he caved on the shutdown. I'm totally lost at this point.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 25, 2019, 8:06:10 PM
lol
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Trump says that "a deal has been reached today".

A bipartisan bill that will open the government for 3 weeks, back pay will be sent out.

So the can's been kicked, but I don't see how this doesn't repeat itself in 3 weeks. Presumably the SOTU will be held on Tuesday as originally planned, at least.

---

re: Ann Coulter's opinion via Scrotie:
"
When Obama wanted something done, he did it. After spending two years saying he didn’t have constitutional authority to amnesty Dreamers, he issued an executive order amnestying Dreamers.
The ends don't justify the means. Just because Obama acted like a despot doesn't mean that Trump should follow suit.
To answer both halves of your post simultaneously: better start getting pissed at Trump, because the way this ends is with Trump declaring a national emergency. At this point the Wall isn't a means to get the Dems to the table, it's an excuse to break ground in three weeks.
... Yeah. :/
Just now via Sarah Sanders:
"
In 21 days President @realDonaldTrump is moving forward building the wall with or without the Democrats. The only outstanding question is whether the Democrats want something or nothing
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I don't know how Trump will get out of that trap. But he probably will. Every other time I've thought him trapped, he got out like the political Houdini he is. I just wish I understood why he caved on the shutdown. I'm totally lost at this point.

I think you do understand why he caved. At least you described it perfectly at the beginning, IIRC. You said that there would be some pain points with the government closed down. Those pain points were quickly coming to roost and his core base, non-college educated whites were just starting to abandon him according to recent polls. Once it became difficult to fly it would have been all over and so he got out before that happened or even worse before there was a headline making plane crash.

Regarding your political Houdini comment, I agree completely. Houdini got out while the getting was good. I'm just surprised the political Houdini let himself get into that situation in the first place. I guess it might have been a miscalculation of Nancy Pelosi and her control of her caucus, I don't know?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
He won't get even a partial wall now (after caving) unless he goes unitary executive. And if he doesn't get at least a partial wall, his base won't reelect him. So he's going to go all unitary executive, at which point we get a full wall, because I don't see how he'd explain a partial to his base at that point.

I think Aim might have a point about Trump not actually wanting the wall when he campaigned on it, but ironically the Dems are forcing him into it. And even though I'd gladly pay my fair share for a wall that stops even 20% of illegal immigration, pneuma's research shows it is unlikely to stop much more than 30% of it, perhaps less as illegal immigrants change strategy in response to changing conditions. Illegal immigration will still be a problem even post-wall, and I think that's the Dem strategy for making Trump look stupid here:
1. Force him to go unitary executive to get the wall built
2. Let the facts show the problem still exists even after going to such drastic measures

I'm lost all the time. Only bad part if you don't pick a "side" both shoot arrows at you.
At the end of the day everyone does what's in self interest. so you have to be wary of anyone telling they have solution. Solutions are to their ends not yours and they take a rake (tax). The only real solution is minimize all govt influence and let people work it out man to man.

I notice conservative get real big on big government when it comes to prisons, military, walls, DHS data bases, and other draconian shit. Be wary.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2019, 9:25:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info