ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Division politics is why legislators on both sides switched to the "those darn agencies" model in the first place. I'm asking: why abandon it when it has been working so well for tackling politically poisonous problems?

---

re: visa overstays, the number of total illegal immigrants due to visa overstays is 42% as of 2014 according to CMS. The same report does measure that visa overstays as an illegal immigration strategy is preferred by 66% recently, but it's not something like 99% nor is it expected to ever become the only strategy. A change in visa enforcement could easily throw that trend in the other direction.

Besides that, visa overstays at least are 1) countable, 2) vetted during the visa process, 3) less violent on average. From a security perspective, it's far better to focus on border crossers than visa overstayers, and the current argument is about security.

Overall I'd be happy with funding and legislation that tackles all forms of illegal immigration. We throw money at every other problem except this one, apparently. Honestly I've never seen a democrat give a flying fuck about $5b in all my life up until now, so it can't really be about the money.

---
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
We didnt have taxes or border security or drug laws 100 years ago.
We also weren't a welfare state then. I'm perfectly fine with open borders if we remove all welfare systems. Or some immigration restrictions alongside some welfare programs. Or an intensely difficult immigration system alongside intensely funded welfare programs.

The two are intertwined, and our laws should reflect that reality.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Not much of a point linking that. Everyone with a brain know Trump is racist. Those that deny it are either Trumpist or racists themselves.

There's no point in linking it because it's easily debunkable.

Okay then, why don't you start by just debunking the racist's own words then?

"
I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.

That's a quote of our racist President!

"
In an interview in 1997, he admitted that the information in the book was "probably true". Two years later, when seeking the nomination of the Reform Party for president, he denied having made the statement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump#Black_professionals

It is clear that Donald Trump is not only a pathological liar but also a racist.

On the positive side of things though I'm very pleased that you seem to find racism at least disgusting enough to want to not believe that he's a racist.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
1947-2016
Since 1947, the “Doomsday Clock” has symbolized the likelihood of a man-made global catastrophe (represented by midnight). Its first setting was seven minutes to midnight. Humanity’s worst point was two minutes to midnight, set at the height of the Cold War in 1953 when the United States and the Soviet Union began testing hydrogen bombs.

In 1981, during the Second Cold War arising from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in December of 1979, the Doomsday Clock was set at four minutes to midnight; by 1984, it advanced to three minutes to midnight, the closest it had been since 1953. But in 1988, the United States and Soviet Union signed the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, and the Clock was pushed back to six minutes to midnight.

By 1991, the Cold War was officially over; the Berlin Wall had fallen; the Soviet Union was dissolving; and the United States and Russia entered into the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty. The Doomsday Clock was pushed back to 17 minutes before midnight, the furthest point it ever reached. Although the Clock has advanced since then, since the early 1980s it has never been closer than three minutes to midnight…

…until the election of Donald Trump.

2017 (11:57:30)
In January of 2017, the prospect of Trump’s presidency alone was enough to push the Doomsday Clock to two-and-a-half minutes to midnight, due to his reckless approach to both nuclear weapons and climate change...[continued]

^ Today's post from a humanistic and witty friend's blog --

The sarcastic cynic.

I hadn't caught up with him in some years, and did today. Looks like he's been busy on this, there's a lot of content :)

Last edited by erdelyii on Jan 25, 2019, 6:47:08 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
snip

You should know that made up "quotes" don't count.

In other news, dumb ass Roger Stone got arrested because he's a dumb ass. The fake news media will spin this as "the beginning of the end for Trump", "the walls are closing in", "total chaos" and whatever else the DNC told them to write, but I read the indictment and it's a nothingburger as usual. If you're as bored as me and don't want to rely on a fake news media spin, read it yourself.

https://www.scribd.com/document/398206069/Roger-Stone-Indictment#from_embed
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 25, 2019, 7:31:01 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
snip

You should know that made up "quotes" don't count.

In other news, dumb ass Roger Stone got arrested because he's a dumb ass. The fake news media will spin this as "the beginning of the end for Trump", "the walls are closing in", "total chaos" and whatever else the DNC told them to write, but I read the indictment and it's a nothingburger as usual. If you're as bored as me and don't want to rely on a fake news media spin, read it yourself.

https://www.scribd.com/document/398206069/Roger-Stone-Indictment#from_embed

The noose tightens on the racist, who in a 1997 interview admitted that he probably said that.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

The noose tightens on the racist, who in a 1997 interview admitted that he probably said that.

I'd make up a quote of yours and call you racist but Support would probably not like that. Also "the noose tightens" is a decent headline, you could maybe work for the fake news media. Don't read the indictment though, you'd just be disappointed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Trump's kids will be indicted soon.

"
On or about October 7, 2016, Organization 1 released the first set of emails stolen from the Clinton Campaign chairman. Shortly after Organization 1’s release, an associate of the high-ranking Trump Campaign official sent a text message to STONE that read “well done.” In subsequent conversations with senior Trump Campaign officials, STONE claimed credit for having correctly predicted the October 7, 2016 release.

Trump Jr.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I'd make up a quote of yours and call you racist but Support would probably not like that. Also "the noose tightens" is a decent headline, you could maybe work for the fake news media. Don't read the indictment though, you'd just be disappointed.

It's a goldmine
"

It's a goldmine

It's a big fat nothingburger. Notice how he wasn't indicted for opposition research (because that's not illegal), but for lying about doing opposition research.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I wouldn't then go admit, "Yah, I probably said that." But, if I did then I bet Support wouldn't do anything about a racist quote you made up.

"
“The stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true,” he told Playboy in an interview published in May 1997.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-donald-trump-tells-about-donald-trump/2016/01/28/b7cead16-c46e-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?utm_term=.02096ab7a5ff

The question now is whether or not Mueller will allow Stone to plead to a lesser charge in order to lighten his sentence. There are some Trumps getting even more worried this morning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info